How to get high level maps?

"
Tagek wrote:

Agreed, I haven't done that many maps yet, but I'm already finding it boring and unrewarding.
Seems kinda dumb that you even have to use your own currency to craft maps that won't give you anything good anyway.

If at anything, maps allow you to get base ilvl items that otherwise wouldn't be found in regular zones based on their level, if you check the prefixes and suffixes pages listed below you'll see that some mods cannot be rolled on gear that you'd find in 62 Docks or 63 Lunaris Temple. The only way to find these base items is via higher leveled maps.

http://www.pathofexile.com/item-data/prefixmod
http://www.pathofexile.com/item-data/suffixmod
"
Elynole wrote:
"
Tagek wrote:

Agreed, I haven't done that many maps yet, but I'm already finding it boring and unrewarding.
Seems kinda dumb that you even have to use your own currency to craft maps that won't give you anything good anyway.

If at anything, maps allow you to get base ilvl items that otherwise wouldn't be found in regular zones based on their level, if you check the prefixes and suffixes pages listed below you'll see that some mods cannot be rolled on gear that you'd find in 62 Docks or 63 Lunaris Temple. The only way to find these base items is via higher leveled maps.

http://www.pathofexile.com/item-data/prefixmod
http://www.pathofexile.com/item-data/suffixmod

I am very aware of that, but none of those items are particularly sellable besides the ones you get from 70+ maps (which I literally haven't found a single one of).
''Stand amongst the ashes of a trillion dead souls and ask the ghosts if honor matters.
The silence is your answer.''

IGN: Vaeralyse
Lol! asked the same question today, thought i did something wrong when not a single ilvl68+ map has dropped for me yet at 100+ maps done ^^;
IGN: Gahrlaag
Wiki - http://en.pathofexilewiki.com/wiki/Path_of_Exile_Wiki

Move de sync from de bathroom to de kitchen for better flow!
crisis solved.
I did a Dried Lake map with very simple mods on it left with 3 maps. Did one of the arcade maps and left with a total of 6 in my inventory including 3 lvl 68 maps.

What I'm trying to say is; it is completely RNG.
Last edited by Valderino on Feb 25, 2013, 11:58:27 AM
"
it is completely RNG.

That´s true. I experienced that myself. Had Streaks of 3 Maps without a Map-Drop and had Maps with 3 Map-Drops. But that´s not the Problem.

The Problem is, that even if you run an insane Number of Maps, you hardly get access to the real endgame-content. Randomness is already inculded in this Calculation.

Knowing that there is a lvl 77 Endgame while the Chance to get even near to it, lets say lvl 72 Maps, is already zero, is a Joke.
Kuduku, you majestic, magnificent, pulsating, wooden shaft of a man. - ZiggyD
"
MinasMorgul wrote:
"
it is completely RNG.

That´s true. I experienced that myself. Had Streaks of 3 Maps without a Map-Drop and had Maps with 3 Map-Drops. But that´s not the Problem.

The Problem is, that even if you run an insane Number of Maps, you hardly get access to the real endgame-content. Randomness is already inculded in this Calculation.

Knowing that there is a lvl 77 Endgame while the Chance to get even near to it, lets say lvl 72 Maps, is already zero, is a Joke.

This. For me currently the endgame is as stagnant and boring as that of D3.
''Stand amongst the ashes of a trillion dead souls and ask the ghosts if honor matters.
The silence is your answer.''

IGN: Vaeralyse
Last edited by Tagek on Feb 25, 2013, 12:52:52 PM
"
Tagek wrote:
"
MinasMorgul wrote:
"
it is completely RNG.

This. For me currently the endgame is as stagnant and boring as that of D3.

yeah agreed, having end-game dictated by a random drop factor is a terrible and unbalanced system.
Yeah this games end game sucks bad!

NOT LIKE IT'S IN BETA OR ANYTHING STILL!

Crawl back in your basements if you are clueless and whine so over so little so soon.
"Never argue with an idiot. They will take you down to their level and beat you trough experience."
Last edited by Bone2flesh on Feb 28, 2013, 6:02:38 AM
"
frozenmildew wrote:
while we have this topic going, why are there 4 map slots in the map machine?

Because, shut up, that's why.

"
Bone2flesh wrote:
Yeah this games end game sucks bad!

NOT LIKE IT'S IN BETA OR ANYTHING STILL!

Crawl back in your basements if you are clueless and whine so over so little so soon.

You mad?
Closed beta member since: March 19, 2012
facing the same problem: having done approx. 100 maps and only 2 of them 70+

I am now lev 77 and its getting soooo boring that i started to twink...

Especcially because I am a summoner and cant even group :(

Hope GGG will react soon and tune the higher map drop rates...

Cheers
Rab

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info