How to get high level maps?

"
zhirek wrote:
"
frozenmildew wrote:

But on 66 maps when I kill a yellow/end boss they drop 68 maps?

No if they drop a map it is between 66 and 68.

ahh must just have been coincidence then. seems like every time ive got a map drop off a blue mob, it's been 67, and a yellow mob, it's been 68. then on 68 maps i've only gotten 66 drops :O

i disagree though about only being able to sell stuff from 70+ maps though :P

saw some guy sell a quiver yesterday from docks for 3 exalted, i would have paid 5 but i missed the end of the auction. i also found a belt from docks i sold for 15 chaos the other day, and found a belt from a 66 map yesterday i sold for 3 GCP.
"
frozenmildew wrote:
while we have this topic going, why are there 4 map slots in the map machine?

good question lol
@ Frozen well yeah, it is possible, but I was referring more to things like item level.
Selling white items for 1 or more gcps each is pretty big business. ^^
''Stand amongst the ashes of a trillion dead souls and ask the ghosts if honor matters.
The silence is your answer.''

IGN: Vaeralyse
How do you get a unique map? just a lucky drop or does it have to be on a high level map?
"
danny868686 wrote:
"
frozenmildew wrote:
while we have this topic going, why are there 4 map slots in the map machine?

good question lol

From what I remember from one of the interviews Chris did a while back it's a function that is simply in game to troll the player base right now.
Luke: Sorry we have to leave you here, but it just ain't right to eat your wife's and daughter's brains. Plus you're really disgusting and I don't want to spend anymore time with you.
"
_StoneWall_ wrote:
How do you get a unique map? just a lucky drop or does it have to be on a high level map?

lucky drop or orb of chance. a guy was selling one in trade for 6 exalted yesterday that he chanced.

i personally would have a hard time not using it, at least once. although i think your odds of getting 6+ exalted from the run is extremely slim. unless the item level on all the items is max or something, not sure how it works.
"
frozenmildew wrote:
"
_StoneWall_ wrote:

lucky drop or orb of chance. a guy was selling one in trade for 6 exalted yesterday that he chanced.

i personally would have a hard time not using it, at least once. although i think your odds of getting 6+ exalted from the run is extremely slim. unless the item level on all the items is max or something, not sure how it works.

Yeah I'm pretty sure whoever bought that was a complete idiot.
Its like people who buy MF gear for insane amounts, you're never actually gonna make that back. xD
''Stand amongst the ashes of a trillion dead souls and ask the ghosts if honor matters.

"
Tagek wrote:
"
frozenmildew wrote:
"
_StoneWall_ wrote:

Yeah I'm pretty sure whoever bought that was a complete idiot.
Its like people who buy MF gear for insane amounts, you're never actually gonna make that back. xD

I talked to a guy selling one of these maps and he said "these go for 5 exalts easy."
Simple Answer: GGG is either trolling to talk about lvl 77 maps or really bad at balancing.

I´ve done uncountable Maps (soloplay, always around 70 IQ). 2 x 70, 1 x 72, everything else was 66 - 69.
Right now i´m back to 67.

If running 67 Maps with a above 80 char all Day long is the Endgame, i´m disappointed.
Kuduku, you majestic, magnificent, pulsating, wooden shaft of a man. - ZiggyD
Last edited by MinasMorgul on Feb 25, 2013, 10:29:38 AM
"
MinasMorgul wrote:
Simple Answer: GGG is either trolling to talk about lvl 77 maps or really bad at balancing.

I´ve done uncountable Maps (soloplay, always around 70 IQ). 2 x 70, 1 x 72, everything else was 66 - 69.
Right now i´m back to 67.

If running 67 Maps with a above 80 char all Day long is the Endgame, i´m disappointed.

Agreed, I haven't done that many maps yet, but I'm already finding it boring and unrewarding.
Seems kinda dumb that you even have to use your own currency to craft maps that won't give you anything good anyway.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info