About the steam stuff

Epic thread. The QQers are making fools out of themselves and Qarl tyrannosaurus rekt them. Bretty good.

The Steam exclusive stuff is marketing 101, calm your tits.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:

The Steam exclusive stuff is marketing 101, calm your tits.

Bingo, I suppose you all have never heard of a thing called "cross-promotion"
IGN: Ghured
"
"
LegendAscend wrote:
I like how GGG is deleting comments that are not even offensive to anyone, just because you don't agree with a comment GGG does not mean you should delete it, If it was derogatory term that would be understandable but I gave my opinion and you censored it, shame on you GGG.

IT'S A CONSPIRACY!

No, it's spindoctoring to make public perception seem more favourable to attract more customers.
So, basically lying.
Vote +1 to change Path of Exile to Path of Nerfs.
We hate to say, but ProjectPT was right.
"
Hyskoa wrote:
"
"
LegendAscend wrote:
I like how GGG is deleting comments that are not even offensive to anyone, just because you don't agree with a comment GGG does not mean you should delete it, If it was derogatory term that would be understandable but I gave my opinion and you censored it, shame on you GGG.

IT'S A CONSPIRACY!

No, it's spindoctoring to make public perception seem more favourable to attract more customers.
So, basically lying.

I award you 1 tinfoil hat.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:

Sorry, I'm a fedora-kinda guy.
*tips it* M'Lady.
"
Hyskoa wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:

*tips it* M'Lady.

But how do you keep them from reading your thoughts then?
"
Hyskoa wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:

*tips it* M'Lady.

anything is everything
"
Nubatron wrote:

But how do you keep them from reading your thoughts then?

That's my secret Nubatron, I don't have any thoughts.
"
StormHunter wrote:
i spend over 200$ on supporter packs(a total waiste) and now i dont even get a chance to get the miscrotransaction that get steam customers for free

How do you others feel about that? Discuss!

Didn't read the rest of the thread, but here's how i feel about it: Steam is known to update itself and it's related games at certain intervals (often at the worst times gaming-wise, like when you're doing a boss fight or something); even if you disable the automatic updates, it still constantly communicates with it's servers and takes up bandwidth & processor time by constantly running in the background.

Even though i have Steam installed, i chose to play the non-Steam version of PoE becouse i prefer to run only the game without any unneeded programs that would eat up bandwidth and processor time, not to mention causing lag or distraction during fights, when one of my friends logs in.

The people playing the Steam version deserve those special consolidary prizes for all the trouble they have when Steam causes lag and possibly even their death in the game - not to mentione when the whole service get's taken down and they can't even play during those times.; i'm however quite content with being able to play a non-steam version; for me it's actually even better to have this choice than receiving colored pixels for free.

My 2 cents :)
Last edited by Tom7i on Jun 20, 2014, 6:25:01 AM
Well most people have already said what my thoughts are:

☼ You can install Steam, link your account and continue launching Path of Exile from the original launcher without having Steam in the background.

☼ Currently the most common cosmetic headgear is selling for around 10 cents, and since this is the first day of the 2014 Summer Sale it'll likely get slightly cheaper as more enter the market.

☼ You get the game for free.

☼ You can get the Summer Sale cards for free by just voting for some of the next items to go on sale and trade or sell duplicate cards.

☼ If you get an item for a game that you're not interested in, just sell it on the community market or trade with someone else and get the item you want. (Of course if you get one of the common items and you want one of the uncommon or rare or whatever items you'll have a spot more trouble.)

☼ If you've already chosen to spend money on Path of Exile, you'll receive trading cards for Path of Exile once you've linked your account, installed Steam and I think played Path of Exile through Steam. (I'm not 100% certain on that last part as one time on logging into Steam I received a Steam achievement which I had completed while playing through the standard launcher.)

☼ Those skulls do look nice.
"Let those with infinite free time pave the road with their corpses." - reboticon

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info