About the steam stuff

"
Worldbreaker wrote:
Freedom isn't free

Then what did william wallace give his life for???
"
"
Worldbreaker wrote:
Freedom isn't free

Attention whoring.
"
Worldbreaker wrote:
"
"
Worldbreaker wrote:
Freedom isn't free

Attention whoring.

Is your sig your actual opinion? Because its doubtful its gonna be that easy...
"
folderpirate wrote:
"
Disrupted wrote:

People on steam also dont get the MTXes for free in case you didnt know.

Actually you can get all the cards you need to craft by simply voting for what goes on sale each day. Every 3 votes gets you at card.

You dont chose what you get, chances are you wont even get a PoE item

EDIT: also only one of them is so cheap that you are pretty much guaranteed to have it just by selling cards you get.

"
Mivo wrote:
"
Qarl wrote:
Bullshit, you get the game for free.

At least Jay Wilson didn't do that on Blizzard's own board. ;)

Unprofessional, but efficient PR! And actually true, too.

What could Jay wilson say? "Bullshit, you get assfucked and your franchise raped for free!"?

also please, if you wanna see rude and unprofessional, check bashiok, the main mod of b.net diablo forums, he outright mocked people and lied way too many times. One of the reasons I stopped frequenting those forums.

I defend Qarl especially because steam MTXes are not free as some people are saying AND it has been mentioned before that GGG can "disconnect" your account from steam so its not forcing you to use STEAM forever.

I however feel bad for those in countries where steam doesnt have it anymore, they cant get it in any way and I hope GGG can give them acess to them somehow
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on Jun 20, 2014, 12:29:25 PM
"
Tom7i wrote:
"
StormHunter wrote:
i spend over 200$ on supporter packs(a total waiste) and now i dont even get a chance to get the miscrotransaction that get steam customers for free

How do you others feel about that? Discuss!

Didn't read the rest of the thread, but here's how i feel about it: Steam is known to update itself and it's related games at certain intervals (often at the worst times gaming-wise, like when you're doing a boss fight or something); even if you disable the automatic updates, it still constantly communicates with it's servers and takes up bandwidth & processor time by constantly running in the background.

Even though i have Steam installed, i chose to play the non-Steam version of PoE becouse i prefer to run only the game without any unneeded programs that would eat up bandwidth and processor time, not to mention causing lag or distraction during fights, when one of my friends logs in.

The people playing the Steam version deserve those special consolidary prizes for all the trouble they have when Steam causes lag and possibly even their death in the game - not to mentione when the whole service get's taken down and they can't even play during those times.; i'm however quite content with being able to play a non-steam version; for me it's actually even better to have this choice than receiving colored pixels for free.

My 2 cents :)

There's this thing called 'settings'
where you can enable and disable shit!

its pretty cool.. ;-)
"
Qarl wrote:
"
StormHunter wrote:

and when do we get anything for free? NEVER! ...

QARL FTW
"
Disrupted wrote:
also please, if you wanna see rude and unprofessional, check bashiok, the main mod of b.net diablo forums, he outright mocked people and lied way too many times. One of the reasons I stopped frequenting those forums.

Bashiok has always been rude and a poor choice for a community management position, long before D3 came out, but that doesn't make Qarl's comment any more professional. I don't disagree with what he said, and it's even refreshing, but publicly humiliating a paying customer shows a lack of self-control. The mob, of course, finds that amusing, myself included, but it's still unprofessional.

It's also a double-standard. If someone quotes a GGG post and calls it "bullshit", there is a good chance to have it edited, and get warned or probated, for making a "hateful post".
"
Mivo wrote:

Bashiok has always been rude and a poor choice for a community management position, long before D3 came out, but that doesn't make Qarl's comment any more professional. I don't disagree with what he said, and it's even refreshing, but publicly humiliating a paying customer shows a lack of self-control. The mob, of course, finds that amusing, myself included, but it's still unprofessional.

It's also a double-standard. If someone quotes a GGG post and calls it "bullshit", there is a good chance to have it edited, and get warned or probated, for making a "hateful post".

"publicly humiliating a paying customer"

Seems you and I have a different idea as to what humiliating means, granted it's not quite a polite thing what was said but there's nothing about it that sounds like something that would offend me personally, if said post was directed at me.

Anyway back on topic, it's a cosmetic item that's most likely been added to promote the game, hardly anything to get upset about in my opinion. It'd be a different story if they would hand out free mirrors to promote the game, but cosmetics, meh.
Last edited by Zipatsu on Jun 20, 2014, 3:47:31 PM

"
Mivo wrote:
"
Qarl wrote:

At least Jay Wilson didn't do that on Blizzard's own board. ;)

Unprofessional, but efficient PR! And actually true, too.

1. Jay Wilson DID do that, actually, except he was always wrong.
2. There is nothing unprofessional about this, that idiot clearly needed help and Qarl gave it to him. More companies need to call idiots out on the garbage that spews from their mouths.
Ign - Nef_Reave
I really just want to use some of the points I've already purchased for all these items, I might spend 4000 points in the shop, but there's no way I'm spending that much on Steam Marketplace. Steam exclusive items are just so troublesome, there are so many people who just can't get them for one reason or another.

Telling us that you can install Steam and buy the ugliest MTXs for a dollar doesn't solve the problem either.

Is this entitlement? Yeah, I totally feel that I should have the right to spend my invested support points on these things, but isn't that a justified desire? If I did not directly invest that money on development and just paid some lucky jerk on Steam, I could be getting these cool looking hats. many people cannot run Steam software or get those items without a monumental effort (like moving to a different country).

I'm very happy with my support of GGG so far, but I really don't have the resources to spend hundreds more on the random Steam drops which I'd like to have access to. Let's see all those Steam MTX's drop the exclusivity and go in the store please (maybe a year after each sale).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info