About the steam stuff

I like how GGG is deleting comments that are not even offensive to anyone, just because you don't agree with a comment GGG does not mean you should delete it, If it was derogatory term that would be understandable but I gave my opinion and you censored it, shame on you GGG.
"
LegendAscend wrote:
I like how GGG is deleting comments that are not even offensive to anyone, just because you don't agree with a comment GGG does not mean you should delete it, If it was derogatory term that would be understandable but I gave my opinion and you censored it, shame on you GGG.

IT'S A CONSPIRACY!
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
Whatever, I already have my tinfoil hat ready to go.
Last edited by LegendAscend on Jun 20, 2014, 12:07:03 AM
"
LegendAscend wrote:

huh. What comments were deleted? Obviously don't post them again, but I went through the entire thread and didnt see any removed.....
Exile

"Bullshit, you get the game for free."
-Qarl
"
trav_dawg wrote:
on here have invested more than $200 and up to $1000 into this game... (blah blah etc show players respect).

By choice, and further:

"
baassi wrote:
People here are talking about respect but they cant even realize how much the developers do for the game, there is a patch every month or less with new skills , uniques , rebalance.A mini-expansion every 4~5 months, someone coming here and saying all their work is 'nothing' as in they get NOTHING for free is a little outrageous for me... show the developers some respect too.

How about this? I don't know of a single game that provides updates almost every two weeks to continue to keep the game interesting and dynamic for its players, and a surprisingly large portion of the player base continues to QQ about inconsequential s*** like Steam promos.

I may not agree with how Qarl handled it, but he sure as f*** has a right to have handled it like he did because if you:

"
Charan wrote:
check the guy's post history.

You'll understand that sometimes, you just need to get what you give.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
"
Russell wrote:

Praise Gaben Almighty

M'lord *bows*
"
StormHunter wrote:
now im forced to use steam too and that will make y poe experience even more unenjoyable because of the computers ressorce that steam uses and make poe run even more shit than now

What resources? The client.. shit, that uses little to nothing.. if you have 4gbs of Ram (which is somewhat the norm these days with 64bit everywhere), you have 'overkill' with regards to steam..

Steam is a Launcher.. nothing more!

I've been using it, for over 8 yrs.. other then Starcraft 2 and D3, every other game i own, runs through steam. Love steam!
"
Qarl wrote:
"
StormHunter wrote:

and when do we get anything for free? NEVER! ...

Bullshit, you get the game for free.

QFT. I've been playing since I found out about this game in early beta, haven't spent a dime (sorry, I'm poor!) and loved every minute of it. To be fair though, my getting into the beta for free infuriated some of my friends who ended up buying the game and hundreds of dollars worth of goods...

But really, thank you for making such an awesome game. I will support GGG forever.
"
folderpirate wrote:
"
Crackmonster wrote:
I'm really not feeling this steam only. I must admit it offends me greatly. From the first moment i saw something cool-ingame, only to later find out it was steam-only, i have felt the sting of betrayal inside my heart.

Like i feel when games are ruined to fit a console, so i hate when i can't get the full game on regular pc and have to bind myself to all sorts of shit that i don't want, in order to unlock it.

That purity is mostly converved in PoE, with a very few exception. This is one of them. It feels like betrayal, it feels unfair and it's plain bullshit.

Stop with the shit for steam, or at least give me access to it. Price is not a problem, it's about principles and about not sacrificing my playing experience to access the full game. I don't like steam, i like clean games with no extra bullshit.

If GGG has made some deals with steam so that they are forced to make exclusive items for it, like they did with razor, then i have one message for them:

It is not acceptable by the highest standard to threat players like that, it's deeply offending to players who want quality over industry chains. A thorn in my eye every time i am reminded of it, one that cuts deep too.

END.

You really don't like steam do you.

No i really don't!!!!

It's probably just based on random dislike more than reason, in my mind steam represents the "play lots of random shit", whereas i'm the one who want few but properly good games that you can invest thousands of hours in, like poe.

I mean it's maybe not as bad as i made it out in that post, i was like 1 min left to leave my place when i had to type it in haste from the heart, but without trying to disrespect GGG i would lie if i said the feelings aren't true. I really don't like steam only things.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
"
Qarl wrote:
Bullshit, you get the game for free.

At least Jay Wilson didn't do that on Blizzard's own board. ;)

Unprofessional, but efficient PR! And actually true, too.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info