Let's Talk About PURE Evasion Items

"One can surely survive with pure armor."

"No one is using Queen of the Forest in place of a rare EV chest"

Funny stuff we got here. Forum is pretty entertaining nowadays :)

Especially the first line. Ppl always bring up "OMG pure EV sucks" and then bring this "argument" up. Never cease to amaze me.
Last edited by 0versky on May 25, 2014, 4:01:17 PM
I've noticed a lot of people saying talking about evasion's inherent weakness to physical spells.

In addition to spell block/dodge (or as an alternative if brave), one can combine the following:

1.) A large life pool
2.) CwDT + Enduring Cry + Immortal Call (note: this works best with two CwDT gems, using the higher level one to run IC + increased duration.)

While I agree that most of the endgame unique evasion chests aren't godlike, they still have solid uses and values.

Heck, Hyrie's has value to a lot of people just because it looks cool
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
"
Boem wrote:
LoL @ op, doesn't know the best defense is a multiple layered defense.

'-.-

And yes this statement holds true for EVERY type of defense in this game.

Thanks for the irrelevant post about defenses. What does multi-layered defense have to do with how badly designed the end-game unique pure evasion chests and shields are?

In case you couldn't read, this thread is a discussion about pure evasion uniques, especially in end-game. So thanks for your post about "multiple layered defense" which is not even the point of this thread. Read title next time maybe to avoid looking like a troll.

Title clearly says: "Let's Talk about PURE Evasion Items".
Last edited by Wishuponastar on May 26, 2014, 1:06:19 AM
"
zSavage wrote:
I've noticed a lot of people saying talking about evasion's inherent weakness to physical spells.

In addition to spell block/dodge (or as an alternative if brave), one can combine the following:

1.) A large life pool
2.) CwDT + Enduring Cry + Immortal Call (note: this works best with two CwDT gems, using the higher level one to run IC + increased duration.)

While I agree that most of the endgame unique evasion chests aren't godlike, they still have solid uses and values.

Thanks for pointing out that Hyrri's Ire has value because it is used for skin transfer. Why is a level 65 pure evasion chest so trashy that people only see its value for skin transfer?

And still no one is discussing the massive imbalance with shields.
As others have already said, queen of the forest and daresso's defiance are both great endgame chests. Queen of the forest is more of a budget version of high evasion chests with a big movement potential if your evasion reaches that high.

Daresso's gives EC charges on kill, that's pretty huge for characters that rarely get hit(ie archers). Most people don't even care about the onslaught part when utilizing it due to rarely being hit. It being a hybrid armor is unfortunate but at least it's forgiving with chroming..

Also you didn't mention rat's nest. It's been hugely popular lately and is one of my favourite evasion pieces.
Last edited by kasub on May 26, 2014, 1:53:53 AM
"
Wishuponastar wrote:
"
zSavage wrote:

1.) A large life pool

Thanks for pointing out that Hyrri's Ire has value because it is used for skin transfer. Why is a level 65 pure evasion chest so trashy that people only see its value for skin transfer?

And still no one is discussing the massive imbalance with shields.

Even though I already answered this, I'll do so one more time. That unique was made WAY long ago. Before phase acro was even in the game.

Back then, there was no res penalty per difficulty, maps didn't even exist yet.
Hi.

This shield is evasion based. And it's still end game viable.
We all know Ire is old. We really know it. But why it hasnt been massivelly buffed/changed during the 'legacy' changes?

They did that to Kaoms so why not to Ire? Im pretty sure that there ways to buff it within limits (changing values only) or outside them (like Kaoms).

My theory is simple - ggg plays iron reflexes and they dont care about evasion nor evasion items.

Btw crest of parendus is one of the best shields in the game. Same league as Ratpitvh and Lioneyes.

Sadly EV chests are so over-engineered that it is as if these were created for one and only build. At the same time stuff like lightning coil or kaoms is versatile and fits almost any build (inb4 "What about CI?")
Well, you do have Crest of Perandus.

Seems people have already said that. I was being smart. It is very much end game material, my 88 uses it in Invasion. Killed shrine piety earlier tonight. My 93 I nemesis also used it, and my next build in invasion will use it if I still end up making it. But it isn't an item used for evasion, which is more your point.
Current IGN: TheBearerOfLight
Gizoogle Chris: "Da State of Exile muthafuckas axed mah crazy ass ta post a reminder dat they podcast is dis weekend, as usual. It aint nuthin but tha nick nack patty wack, I still gots tha bigger sack."
Last edited by BoltThrower87 on May 26, 2014, 3:31:02 AM
"
Wishuponastar wrote:

Finally let us not forget the animal mod - some low physical reduced damage taken from animals. This is a perfect example of a truly useless mod - I honestly don't even know why this was added as if evasion users at in end-game are concerned about small hits from animals.

I laughed at this. Found it funny, a big ass marauder getting kicked by a rabbit or some shit.
Current IGN: TheBearerOfLight
Gizoogle Chris: "Da State of Exile muthafuckas axed mah crazy ass ta post a reminder dat they podcast is dis weekend, as usual. It aint nuthin but tha nick nack patty wack, I still gots tha bigger sack."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info