Let's Talk About PURE Evasion Items

"
Boem wrote:
"
And how many builds have you tried before to say such a bold statement? I'm pretty sure at least half of my builds can call LC bis.

I'm actually an atheist btw so I don't believe, but I can say that I do know. Not every build can just slap 2+ defense stats together to make LC non-bis bro.

So am i right to assume you don't have 800 exalts and eternals?

l0l how clueless

6k hp ranger (and fyi 6k hp is assuming you have bis everything else), acrobatics <-- can do lv 78 maps, but still gets 1 shot from lv71 carnage

input LC, can now actually tank a shot from him, with any map mod. Can now deal substantially much more damage due to phys reflect limitations lifted from LC reduction.

LC is bis for acrobatic rangers. Not the trash 2500 evasion chest.

Next build:

5k hp templar using cybil's paw + incinerate build. Due to block nodes, you cannot grab +%armor nodes to mulitply armor too much. O look. LC offers a potential 40% physical dmg reduction. I can now tank slow, hard hitting mob groups without worrying about rng, which btw does not use the entropy system. Now lets take a look at the 2400 armor chest: offers little to no additional damage reduction on high level monsters. No energy shield to funnel elderic battery.

Want me to name a few more builds? Or were you playing nothing but witches this entire time thinking you knew everything there is to this game? LOL

edit2: and since you went as far as to say that this applies to all unique chests, I guess I can definitely go ahead and say kaoms heart is bis for rf builds, you can argue all you want but I held both high end rares and kaoms, the rare did not even come close.
Last edited by jebroni on May 26, 2014, 11:09:38 PM
"
jebroni wrote:
"
Boem wrote:
"
And how many builds have you tried before to say such a bold statement? I'm pretty sure at least half of my builds can call LC bis.

I'm actually an atheist btw so I don't believe, but I can say that I do know. Not every build can just slap 2+ defense stats together to make LC non-bis bro.

So am i right to assume you don't have 800 exalts and eternals?

l0l how clueless

6k hp ranger (and fyi 6k hp is assuming you have bis everything else), acrobatics <-- can do lv 78 maps, but still gets 1 shot from lv71 carnage

input LC, can now actually tank a shot from him, with any map mod. Can now deal substantially much more damage due to phys reflect limitations lifted from LC reduction.

LC is bis for acrobatic rangers. Not the trash 2500 evasion chest.

Next build:

5k hp templar using cybil's paw + incinerate build. Due to block nodes, you cannot grab +%armor nodes to mulitply armor too much. O look. LC offers a potential 40% physical dmg reduction. I can now tank slow, hard hitting mob groups without worrying about rng, which btw does not use the entropy system. Now lets take a look at the 2400 armor chest: offers little to no additional damage reduction on high level monsters. No energy shield to funnel elderic battery.

Want me to name a few more builds? Or were you playing nothing but witches this entire time thinking you knew everything there is to this game? LOL

edit2: and since you went as far as to say that this applies to all unique chests, I guess I can definitely go ahead and say kaoms heart is bis for rf builds, you can argue all you want but I held both high end rares and kaoms, the rare did not even come close.

No not really. LC is NOT bis for acrobatics rangers. Acro will half your armor on LC, and the evasion is low at ~550. On the other hand LC is a solid gear piece for IRON REFLEXES and synergizes extremely well with armor.

Why?

1. Stats: mediocre armor of ~500 and evasion of ~500 - this practically screams IR so you can convert the evasion to armor and get a decent ~1K armor on this chest.

2. Physical damage mitigation: synergizes EXTREMELY WELL with armor - since the LC reduction comes before armor reduction so your armor becomes exponentially more effective.

Sure, pure evasion players can use Lightning Coil, but hybrids like that and Bringer of Rain are really optimized for Iron Reflexes builds.
Last edited by Wishuponastar on May 28, 2014, 11:28:13 PM
"
Wishuponastar wrote:
No not really. LC is NOT bis for acrobatics rangers. Acro will half your armor on LC, and the evasion is low at ~550. On the other hand LC is a solid gear piece for IRON REFLEXES and synergizes extremely well with armor.

Why?

1. Stats: mediocre armor of ~500 and evasion of ~500 - this practically screams IR so you can convert the evasion to armor and get a decent ~1K armor on this chest.

2. Physical damage mitigation: synergizes EXTREMELY WELL with armor - since the LC reduction comes before armor reduction so your armor becomes exponentially more effective.

Sure, pure evasion players can use Lightning Coil, but hybrids like that and Bringer of Rain are really optimized for Iron Reflexes builds.

Well what you went on was really about IR, but the basis was acrobatics. Whether or not iron reflexes benefits even more from it is irrelevant.

LC offers broken level protection on builds that are solely evasion based, because you can still achieve extremely high evade + dodge chance, and in case you actually do get hit, LC is there to make sure you don't just get 1 shot from high base damage bosses.

And again, I can more than double my dps because of LC, this is something no evasion rare will ever offer me.. in fact there is no other conceivable way of increasing my dps unless I'm to rely on a gimmick cwdt+ic setup which at best is supposed to be a warning call more than a main protection mechanic.
"

I'm sorry but LC is bis for so many builds. I would never choose a 2500 ev chest over LC. And anyone starting on the left side of the passive tree can easily stack the appropriate lightning resistances to take full advantage of LC. This item is not only cost efficient, but it offers the best phys damage reduction for too many builds. For anyone to say it's not bis needs to open their eyes.

Physical dmg is not a problem for evasion based builds. The problem is spell dmg anyway.
MY CHALLENGES ARE DONE ON HC, IT'S NOT SC GUYS!
"
Wishuponastar wrote:

And lastly, Daresso's Defiance, while NOT a PURE evasion chest I felt this needed special mention as another poorly designed evasion unique. The onslaught duration is too short. And good job introducing a Dodge mechanic on an Armor / Evasion hybrid piece. What do you want us to do with the 6% Dodge mod - get Acrobatics? Ok, but by getting Acrobatics we will cut all our armor in half, so why is there an armor mod on the chest? If you don't get Acrobatics - then what was the point of having a 6% dodge added to the chest which is frankly useless by itself at 6%?

Sorry to jump into this post late, but what does Onslaught do?
Queen of the forest is great. I move so fast that monsters can't get to me usually. And I can just stand in the middle of a mob and only get hit like 1x or 2x.
"
AlfaTangOh wrote:
Sorry to jump into this post late, but what does Onslaught do?

onslaught
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
I don't really get the rant on the named evasion Uniques, for sure some of them are "outdated" but they are definitely not worthless and do have a meaning to a part of this games playerbase.

The goal for evasion (in my opinion) is not being tanky but being able to dodge, evade and block all incoming damage and the game mechanics are there to hit this goal (atlest in "early late game" this works).

There are passives that increase your evasionrating, your dodge chance, your chance on evading projectiles and dodging spells. There are passive nodes to reduce the chance of getting chilled/frozen, ignited or shocked and ofc. passives to increase your Blockchance. And all these are here to prevent ALL incoming damage.

These passives combined with the right gear (doesn't have to be super expensive to work out) allow you to hit the endgame.

I for myself am running a pure evasion/block trapper and I'm doing just fine, my resistances are capped when running a purity aura and not a single monster is coming even near me in a map-range from 66-70. If i invested some currency in gear i could definitely boost my survivability even more (but I'm playing selffound). If i had a 5-linked Hyrris / Queen of the forest I'd be more than happy.

... but this is probably not the endgame viability you guys are talking about when it comes to the named Uniques...

"
SkintickeT5 wrote:
I don't really get the rant on the named evasion Uniques, for sure some of them are "outdated" but they are definitely not worthless and do have a meaning to a part of this games playerbase.

The goal for evasion (in my opinion) is not being tanky but being able to dodge, evade and block all incoming damage and the game mechanics are there to hit this goal (atlest in "early late game" this works).

There are passives that increase your evasionrating, your dodge chance, your chance on evading projectiles and dodging spells. There are passive nodes to reduce the chance of getting chilled/frozen, ignited or shocked and ofc. passives to increase your Blockchance. And all these are here to prevent ALL incoming damage.

These passives combined with the right gear (doesn't have to be super expensive to work out) allow you to hit the endgame.

I for myself am running a pure evasion/block trapper and I'm doing just fine, my resistances are capped when running a purity aura and not a single monster is coming even near me in a map-range from 66-70. If i invested some currency in gear i could definitely boost my survivability even more (but I'm playing selffound). If i had a 5-linked Hyrris / Queen of the forest I'd be more than happy.

... but this is probably not the endgame viability you guys are talking about when it comes to the named Uniques...

block has nothing to do with evasion. it is a separate mechanic - just want to make it clear. it works just as well with 0 evasion as with 30000 evasion. it is NOT evasion-related thing.
"

block has nothing to do with evasion. it is a separate mechanic - just want to make it clear. it works just as well with 0 evasion as with 30000 evasion. it is NOT evasion-related thing.

you'r right, I should'v mentioned that it is just another way to boost the survivability of a Evasion-based build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info