Block Nerf?

"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
The only good way to nerf block is to either put an Internal Global Cooldown between blocks or Decrease the chance to block if you ask me.

Luckily, we don't ask you. Considering frequency of attacks and frenetic game mechanic putting cooldown on block would simply destroy it. Very bad idea. Unless you think on something like 0,025s cooldown. Nah, it's stupid idea again.

"
Telzen wrote:

So 75% block is OP? Lets make a comparison. With max block you would still get hit one out of every 4 attacks. Now with an evasion character you can have 55%-60% Evade + 40% Dodge + 30% Spell Dodge + using Blind and you will amost never be hit. Yet players sill say evasion is worse than armor because eventually you will still take a hit. So how is block op when you still take 25% of the hits? And getting max block takes more investment than all that evade I compared it against.

Finally the voice of reason on this forum.

People on forums are like parrots really. One stupid idea gets plented to their brains and suddenly everybody is quoting it for truth. Block is fine; if you invest most of your skill point to be tanky it is OK to be tanky. You won't be best at offense but that is precisely the point.

And if one unique can make you immortal AFK it's clearly CLEARLY broken, my condolences to aurora users.

IGN STD Ajax_Deadeye| Nathaniel_Corwin| Itane_Shira| Tetra_Mayani| Arkanis_Gath
[Build] TK's CoC Crit Shadow aka THE WELDER /view-thread/787487
[Shop] TK's Adventurers Pawnshop /view-thread/570071
Double post.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
Last edited by Tin_Foil_Hat on Mar 1, 2014, 4:47:45 PM
"
Thorien_Kell wrote:
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
The only good way to nerf block is to either put an Internal Global Cooldown between blocks or Decrease the chance to block if you ask me.

Luckily, we don't ask you. Considering frequency of attacks and frenetic game mechanic putting cooldown on block would simply destroy it. Very bad idea. Unless you think on something like 0,025s cooldown. Nah, it's stupid idea again.

"
Telzen wrote:

So 75% block is OP? Lets make a comparison. With max block you would still get hit one out of every 4 attacks. Now with an evasion character you can have 55%-60% Evade + 40% Dodge + 30% Spell Dodge + using Blind and you will amost never be hit. Yet players sill say evasion is worse than armor because eventually you will still take a hit. So how is block op when you still take 25% of the hits? And getting max block takes more investment than all that evade I compared it against.

Finally the voice of reason on this forum.

People on forums are like parrots really. One stupid idea gets plented to their brains and suddenly everybody is quoting it for truth. Block is fine; if you invest most of your skill point to be tanky it is OK to be tanky. You won't be best at offense but that is precisely the point.

And if one unique can make you immortal AFK it's clearly CLEARLY broken, my condolences to aurora users.

Hahaha!

Frequency of attacks ? Have you ever played World of Warcraft ? Theres a reason why Block has an internal cooldown betwen blocks in almost every game BUT this one.

I find it funny how you sit here and say block is fine when even GGG themselves have acknowledged that Block is in fact "broken", even well known players will tell you its broken.

Also, you clearly didnt read my entire post, but nice try.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
Last edited by Tin_Foil_Hat on Mar 1, 2014, 4:46:11 PM
I just wanted to say, I love your name ^
Oblivious
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
Hahaha!

Frequency of attacks ? Have you ever played World of Warcraft ? Theres a reason why Block has an internal cooldown betwen blocks in almost every game BUT this one.

I find it funny how you sit here and say block is fine when even GGG themselves have acknowledged that Block is in fact "broken", even well known players will tell you its broken.

You got a quote on that?
"
Disrupted wrote:
I just wanted to say, I love your name ^
Thanks Brah B], i quite enjoy it myself.

"
IamtheAxeMan wrote:
NO matter what GGG does, players will always find another build with unique items and or certain rare stats that will make them outstanding player. This cause those newly used unique items and rare stats to rise in price, and then those unique item and stats will be in another round of nerfs at the end of the next 4 months.

They just keep going after the flavor of the month... and it will never end.

Corret.

An other way of manipulating the game mechanic is simply getting high damage as possible and life leech. When you make 50k (50000) damage/second and have 5% life leech you get 2500 life EVERY SECOND!. AND you kill most monster before they even get a chance to hit you.
These builds are OP and not passive blocking.

And getting such damage values is no problem with some builds.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/800469
Last edited by DeltaWing on Mar 1, 2014, 4:56:03 PM
"
Telzen wrote:
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
Hahaha!

You got a quote on that?
Go to the podcasts when theyre asked about block.

I'd say block is REALLY overpowered compared to most of the things in game. The difference from block and no-block when you fight, say, megaera in crem or dominus in palace or piety in shrine is MASSIVE. And I mean spellblock which comes from phys block. MASSIVE is an understatement.
Long range builds are general overpowered. You have 6 sockets in chest AND 6 sockets in Weappon. You will nearly never beeing attacked, because you are far away from the enemy. You can put everything in offesive. You can deal 50K+ damage with easy and you can kill every map boss.

Now a one hand physical build with max shield block. You have only 2*3 sockets in weapon slots. You deal not more then 16K damage even with legacy soul taker. You stay directly next to the monsters. Every monster can directly hit you. You will never be able to kill high map bosses like Vaal or Dominus.

Block is only over powered with long range attack builds. For face fight physical Builds you just need it to survive. If block gets nerfed in general, physical one hand weapon with shield builds will get unplayable.

Last edited by DeltaWing on Mar 1, 2014, 5:19:25 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info