Updated Open Beta Date Information

the longer you take, the more likely i might make the next level support :) (Wife don't mind my paying a little each month - but paying it out all at once tends to upset her budget - and everyone knows, a happy wife is a happy home - a pissed off wife makes for lonely nights and one must feed themself.
I think before opening the beta you have to address the fundamental flaws that are still in game. No matter how long it takes to solve these problems you must get rid of them before open beta.

these are the things I'm talking about:

- Combat Fluidity problems,
- Constant synchronizing issues,
- Scenery that completely obscure your character and enemies, very common issue in underground maps.
- Evasion and dexterity, the majority of players very unsatisfied with these.

The solution of these problems is necessary to provide a basic, enjoyable gameplay that can be enhanced further by aesthetic or content related improvements.
Last edited by szesan on Jul 26, 2012, 1:31:39 AM
Take your time, we shall wait patiently :)
GGG has a set of very definite minimum goals which they have stated must be met before OB. If GGG happens to add in some extra elements of awesome, along with the minimum requirements, and it takes a little longer, what's to complain about?

I remember when we all expected OB in February of this year. Can you imagine if GGG had stuck to that estimated release date? The game is far superior, now, to what it was in those days, and continues to improve.

Give it time. The wait will be well worth it. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
Include transparent walls asap! This is one of the bigest tech issues in PoE on my opinion especially when playing in dungeons.
Mirror of Kalandra?
Well i dont have a beta and i know its hard see how the open beta its delayed more time, but i think if it for make a best game i can wait.

They need now the support of all comunity and i see other games how for try to launch the game early they lost all people in only a week, give a chance and have fun.
Streaming Spanish:

http://es-es.twitch.tv/shiversting

Co-Autor de: "The Hum: El Zumbido"
Siguenos en: http://thehum.subcultura.es/tira/1
"
Kabraxis wrote:
@sunflow:
As a customer i have only words and after this promises not kept. I dont believe game developers - now i dont believe even GGG.

So by that logic, i.e. you are a customer with your 'supporter' tag, I should be the angriest person in the world right now.

Might give that a go, when I'm not busy enjoying Path of Exile, which I can play anytime I want.

Even though the next phase has not been released yet. Certain projected dates proved unrealistic, so they're not giving any more dates, precisely because of people like you who take 'etas' and 'projections' as 'promises'.

Also, do you think Open Beta is going to somehow revolutionise how you play this game? It's the next step. It's a monumental step. It will change the game.

But it's the same game you've already chosen as a customer and can play right now. Just with more features and content.

So, customer, are you THAT dissatisfied with what you've 'paid' for so far?
https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
Charan Sir, you are a much braver knight than I.
Great news GGG , take your time and do whatever you have to we can wait ;]
I'm a little disappointed too. However, I fully understand the decision to delay the open beta. Yeah, I'd love to be able to play it in August, but I'll wait.

Think of it this way - we all want the game to be done, we all want to play sh..t out of it and it's awesome, but... it's not the only factor here. We're already fans, we will play the game anyway (at least most of us). While making us happy and keeping us interested in the game is important, we have to notice the bigger picture.

And the bigger picture is that if GGG wants to be successful, they need to make a great debut. Open Beta is that debut. They need to make sure that once they enable everyone to play the game, PoE will be as exciting and fun as they can make it so more players stay and play. Yeah, open weekends are awesome, but people that participate in them have different mindset. They consider it as a demo, as a beta. Once the game hits Open Beta itself a lot of people will consider it to be released, even though it's only a beta.

This is why the game must be as good as they can make it in a reasonable amount of time. In the end we'll also profit from that decision, but for now - we just have to wait.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info