Updated Open Beta Date Information

Will be wipe at the end of this test?
Stress Test? No. It will happen when it's time for PoE to go open beta.

I was around for the first or second stress test, and my account stayed (with the passives wiped) until I got a beta key from some friendly guy on the forums.
"
Kabraxis wrote:
@sunflow:
As a customer i have only words and after this promises not kept. I dont believe game developers - now i dont believe even GGG.

When i see this messive improvements with my own eyes ingame then i will judge that i get profit from this delay or not.

ATM i have only words and i classify them in the same place that last topic with schedule = 'crap that is given to not let hype get down'.

You paid for microtransaction credits and you could use them right now.

You got what you paid for, now stop crying and be patient.

This game will be great given time.

All good things take time, the faster things gets done the more quality is sacrificed.
Never wrestle with a pig. You'll only get muddy, and the pig likes it!

Never argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

"De plumber fixes de sync with de wrench." - Robert_Paulson
GGG take your time. You have a long way to go before you approach Blizzard D3 development delaying, or DNF delaying.

In fact, I'd much rather see something like a christmas release anyway. Come august I will be hard at work in Guild Wars 2. :)
IGN : Jovial
So long as GGG doesn't take years to finish the beta (like some other games I know), I'm more than happy to allow them to continuously work and improve this game to the best quality they can. Also gives me more time to play with my higher level characters and perhaps level up a few more.
For Ranger build tips, tactics, and critiques, visit this thread:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/69224
It is so great to see devs take such pride in their work. Cannot tell you how many times I have been disappointed from a game. This is a work of art. A real eye opener to what indies are capable of.

Many thanks to you and the rest of GGG for this wonderful product!
"
Chris wrote:
"
Metalica24 wrote:
But dumbing down the skill tree or the game, that i dont like at all.

I completely agree. You'll hopefully find that we're adding more depth with each patch. Systems like curses, totems, traps, auras, maps and such have been added in the last year and make each version quite a lot more complex than the last.

Chris, none offence what so ever.

But my only problem and a lot of players woud agree with me. That you guys dumped down the tree way way to much.

- Bring back complexity of insanely unique and epicly wicked character builds.
- Bring back 6 links from each character.

Everthing else in my book POE stands as old school and not dumbed down game at all. Which can wipe out clean with ALL AAA titles, including D3!
Playing POE since 0.9.0
Hey, I've been watching the game on and off for a while, and got my first taste of actual play with the current public stress test weekend. My opinion thus far? Keep doing what you're doing, for as long as you need to. From what I've seen, the game's shaping up nicely. Gameplay is fun and interesting, the engine itself runs well most of the time, and so on. IMO, a few aspects could still use some polish, and others could use a bit more content, but that's WHY the game hasn't been released to the public yet: to give the dev team time to finish what they need to finish.

I'd say that you should do more public weekends periodically, though. Now that I know the game is indeed fun, and runs decently on an integrated graphics card (Intel GMA4000), it'll probably be a matter of when I buy a supporter pack, rather than if (heck, I'd do it now if I hadn't just spent a lot of money on relocating). Helps keep people interested, and turns casual observers into new fans ;). Plus, more stress testing never hurt anyone but the sysadmins, right? Seems like a public weekend every ~2 months (give or take) would be beneficial, without drawing away too much time from development.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm hankering for a good quest reward; that last one was a measly 2 refund points. Time to go see if these other dudes at the beginning of Act Two will give me anything better!
The longer the better.

Chris might actually have time to reply to the PM I sent him 2+ months ago before Open Beta starts. :-)
Ascension tied to Lab is the worst thing GGG has done...apart from GGG's philosophy on Trading. Oh and Gambling Loot boxes. And selling out to tencent.

I used to love GGG. I supported to ensure GGG remained independent, now I just wish I could get my money back. -_-
Well, I am not a beta tester of this game, and I would love to support it, but family issues right now have me pretty tight on cash.
That said, I really enjoyed this weekend's stress test.
I do see there is alot of fundamental work to be done before opening it up to full scale playing by the masses, alot of bugs, like areas being glitchy, disconnects that dont save, etc.
These things can turn off alot of folks, being beta or not.
good reasons not to open it up in my opinion.

On another note, waiting to long starts to look like, well for no better words, vapor ware. We have all seen them, games that just never finish.
Good luck getting to the point where you are ready to open it up to the public in a timely fasion, cannot wait to adventure again in your game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info