Updated Open Beta Date Information

I'd be lying if I said it wasn't disappointing that the game's pseudo-launch aka open beta is being delayed again, but I'd also rather have the game be released in a finished state than released sooner just for the sake of shoving it out the door.
Chris in a few years when you're taking the GGG crew to France for lunch on your private G6 that it was keeping in touch with the fans and not the share holders that made it possible ^ ^.

and of course because you added Ice Arrow before Open Beta....
Winner of the First Ever Cut-Throat Server Test, and Winner of the First Ever Cut-Throat League Event!
Last edited by NotSorry on Jul 25, 2012, 12:04:41 PM
"
Kabraxis wrote:
Pro hint: take this 700k from prepurchases and make game faster.
What do you think they've been doing with it, spending it all on comics and candy?

"
Kabraxis wrote:
DONT GIVE ETA'S THAT YOU CANNOT KEEP.
Its completely unproffesional ans its happens in PoE every "two weeks".
ETA
Estimated
Time of
Arrival

Not "Promised Time of Arrival" or "Guaranteed Time of Arrival" or anything similar. It's an estimate. Estimates are guesses based on current information. Current information changes. Estimates must also change. They're not made purely for hype. They're made to inform the players.

"
Kabraxis wrote:
Will you rewrite engine GGG so i can cast a buff without stopping my char? Because that will make combat 300% more fluid and satysfiing.
No.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
First in the credits!
I just hope it won't end like Torchlight 2. (Well at least we are able to play beta).
"
Kabraxis wrote:
What accusations lol?

Im not a blind fanboy its all. and im dissapointed by delay that happens 2 weeks before ETA for OB after i test this game for year or something and after i give GGG my money (im happy now that i dont throw more).

I dont care that you are offended by this but this is how i feel. Deal with it.

Fail is fail.

A serious question: have you EVER done programming (as in written code in any language)? My personal guess is no. You CAN NOT predict how long it takes to finish something except for maybe the quartal of the year (and even than i would expect that it might get delayed). Some banal changes can take sometimes ages to finish - you see the issue and tell that you'll probably need 30min, but you make it 2h just to be sure; after 4 hours you see that all obvious fixes doesn't help and in the end it can take even several days to find the rea problem (and i talk here about really small issues - its not that way for every problem, but every programmer knows that such things happen...)

I played a lot of games and a lot of betas and EVERYWHERE stuff gets delayed (i have waited for games up to 1 additional year to finish).

And yes i am offended by this as well - as someone who works in software developement for quite some time now.
Proud 5th duelist in the Jul 1 2012 Ladder Race and in the Nov 3 2012 Solo Turbo Race :D
And even prouder 4th Templar in the Nov 10 Four-hour Party Hardcore Race :P
Current OB success:
top 20 Ranger in 105 Minute Turbo Solo (S4E9)
In answer as im also working in the video game industry since 12 yrs now ( am i so old ???:))
Do some prevision on task and got some scchedule correctly is possible but its a hard time consuming job ! And as far as my experience can told i never saw a project without delaying a milestones or a sprint tho ...the question is how can you avoid the best you can a too long delay !! There are quite simple methods for that but first of all the base is a solid and experimented team working together since long .
Last edited by Chandrahmuki on Jul 25, 2012, 1:39:47 PM
"
Chris wrote:

The first of those patches was deployed this week. It took around a month longer than intended, but we are extremely pleased with how it turned out. This additional time was spent developing the Maps system and Act Two boss fights to be much more advanced than we initially planned.

This is the part we should be paying attention to, they went further than they initially planned with the map system, which is more work, which is more time.
Standard: Shiverlyss, Lythyssa, Solaris, Goldorak, Clash, Cleavage, Sunflow.
Thanks for the Information Chris ;)
Don't worry because of the delay, we can wait for an
awesome PoE Open Beta release! =D
Take your time :-)
I love waiting for games like this ^.^ makes it even more awesome when they release.
Soft kitty, warm kitty. Little ball of furr. Lazy kitty, pretty kitty purr, purr, purr
It is great that your are taking your time with PoE, Chris. You guys at GGG are doing a marvelous job, so keep it up. :D

Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info