Updated Open Beta Date Information

"
"
Wanotiki wrote:
I think GGG are doing it right by holding off on the OB release so the game is much more polished. But this closed beta has been going for over a year now. I can't help thinking that people who currently have access will move away from PoE after the character wipe, since they have already completed huge portions of the content many times.

Given the complete absence of an entire Act (Act 3), lack of PvP, and the planned additions in the future, I doubt there is any need for concern of others moving away from PoE.

Many have slowed progress or left entirely while they await new content, but this is not the same as leaving.

And for those who have hung around and continued to play daily, once PoE is fully open to the public, they will be entering a public community with a vast experience advantage that is worth holding on to.

I don't disagree with that at all. Of course people will come back when the new content is released which is great. But I know myself that if I played countless hours and then had my character(s) wiped it would probably deter me from starting again, and I reckon it will be the case for a number of other players
In my opinion we should start talk about some facts now. People on forum behave like "players" but we did not even realized that we are not players yet. We are just TESTERS now, we should behave like TESTERS, not like a PLAYERS. It is very important to see the difference between this terms and its behaviour.

+1 for all testers that are thinking in these terms
-1 for everyone who feel like a player of Closed Beta PoE

;)
Lightekk - criticism for free
Last edited by lightekk on Aug 31, 2012, 12:40:50 PM
Well i think as both to be honest, but i still want to play the game seriously without my progress going to hell afte 1-2 months maybe... This is what is keeping me out at the moment.
no news about the OB ? c'mon mate say something good for us who stare all day on that damn beta invite timer
"
TomAraya wrote:
no news about the OB ? c'mon mate say something good for us who stare all day on that damn beta invite timer

It's a while away yet. The new patch was only just released, and without the PvP component. According to GGG's more recent update they said after 3 patches. 2 have been released so not until the final one, and then PvP has to be finished at some point before OB too
"
Wanotiki wrote:
"
TomAraya wrote:

It's a while away yet. The new patch was only just released, and without the PvP component. According to GGG's more recent update they said after 3 patches. 2 have been released so not until the final one, and then PvP has to be finished at some point before OB too

My guess would be sometime around Christmas. Its Semptember already, minion patch is still a week away. PvP patch will take us into October. Open Beta includes a whole bunch of new gameplay, including a new act, and requires lots of polish, so I wouldn't hold my breath.
Better to weed out the problems now than to a have a plagued game later.... I'm sure the one that really want to play the game will appreciate the work tha's been put into it , and will have patience . Gz to all those involved so far.
Last edited by Obiradusorin on Sep 13, 2012, 5:02:31 AM
"
lightekk wrote:
In my opinion we should start talk about some facts now. People on forum behave like "players" but we did not even realized that we are not players yet. We are just TESTERS now, we should behave like TESTERS, not like a PLAYERS. It is very important to see the difference between this terms and its behaviour.

+1 for all testers that are thinking in these terms
-1 for everyone who feel like a player of Closed Beta PoE

;)

agree, however even if one is not contributing much just having larger numbers of players is good as well, after all they need to check how is the game doing with more players onboard

"
Well i think as both to be honest, but i still want to play the game seriously without my progress going to hell afte 1-2 months maybe... This is what is keeping me out at the moment.

try a funky build ;) if won't work it will not be a big deal since it will be erased anyway, might help you find a nice build to play in he actual game
IGN: AlCohonez, GhengizCohen
We are patiently waiting for the Open Beta and I urge you not to make the same mistake as Blizzard did with Diablo 3. They released an unfinished product and had their active player base sink a heck of alot.
I just want to say that you are making a great game here and I hope the future will be good to you att Grinding Gear Games!
I look forward to the Open Beta! ^_^ I have access, but I look forward to bringing in my friends to play with me, as opposed to getting them to sign up, and hoping that they get a beta key

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info