Updated Open Beta Date Information

huft i think still a long way to go until dec to open beta
there is only one reason I'd like a new best guess as to release - thats the open beta wipe.

I played during the last open stress test, and it was lots of fun. I was thinking, "should I donate and get a key?"

well... with only 2 weeks to wait, I figured I'd just wait, and I'd probably get around to making micro-purchases later, but by then I'd know more closely how much money I'd want to use on extra space, and if custom avatars were something I wanted or not. etc.

But. if its gonna be more than another month wait, I'd like to know.

With the wipe coming up, I'd rather not get too invested in a character that I'd never get enough time to develop and play all the way through.

But if the wipe is a month or more out - I could see getting enough done with my character to be satisfied, and not being annoyed at the interrupt.
"
Roctev wrote:
there is only one reason I'd like a new best guess as to release - thats the open beta wipe.

I played during the last open stress test, and it was lots of fun. I was thinking, "should I donate and get a key?"

well... with only 2 weeks to wait, I figured I'd just wait, and I'd probably get around to making micro-purchases later, but by then I'd know more closely how much money I'd want to use on extra space, and if custom avatars were something I wanted or not. etc.

But. if its gonna be more than another month wait, I'd like to know.

With the wipe coming up, I'd rather not get too invested in a character that I'd never get enough time to develop and play all the way through.

But if the wipe is a month or more out - I could see getting enough done with my character to be satisfied, and not being annoyed at the interrupt.

You don't have to spend the credit. I spent the $10 but never used the credit for anything.

Extra space doesn't matter to me right now since all items will go away sooner or later... so you can just spend the $10 or whatever and save the credits until you actually find something you need.
我了个去 好给力啊
IGN: MrMonChiChi
Has an estimation been made? Or is it still the info from the 25th July?
"

I will now make a highly speculative, but slightly educated guess:
In April, GGG said something about three patches being released before Open Beta. The first one of these we saw on July 22nd. So one's down, two to go, right? If I assume about a month a patch, we should see patch 0.9.12 at the end of August and patch 0.9.13 at the end of September. As some effort will have to go into after-0.9.13 bugfixing and preparation of Open Beta stuff, we might see Open Beta at the end of October.
That's my guess, it's just wild speculation. What does it mean for us? If you haven't gotten beta access, you have about three months left of Closed Beta time - plenty of time to have fun and learn the game's mechanics for Open beta and release.
If I am totally wrong on any of the facts, feel free to correct me.
A sword he brought, his foes to maim and rend,
from places dark behind forbidden doors,
But night by night he woke with frighten'd roars
from darkest dreams, too strange to comprehend.
(Anonymous)
The speculation surrounding when POE beta becomes "open" was not a factor when I decided to pay the $15 bucks for a beta key 2 weeks ago. I supported Minecraft back in early beta and that was $10 bucks well spent! I have no problem supporting hard working game studios producing a great product! The issue of the closed beta wipe can be a little frustrating, especially when one has invested a lot of time into a character; however, welcome to a beta test! Regardless if GGG rewards closed beta testers down the road, I'm glad that I can be apart of this process!

my .02 cents
Im not very fond of loosing my game progress either, but its the only way its gonna be a fair start for a huge audience. Closed Beta is all about balancing and fixing major exploits allowing for faster leveling and acquiring too powerful items. In Open Beta these things must be fixed and the game must have enough content to entertain not only the enthusiastic minority.

Therefore there must be a wipe, but I guess its great we can at least keep our character names. :)
"
Thyrandor wrote:
"

I will now make a highly speculative, but slightly educated guess:
In April, GGG said something about three patches being released before Open Beta. The first one of these we saw on July 22nd. So one's down, two to go, right? If I assume about a month a patch, we should see patch 0.9.12 at the end of August and patch 0.9.13 at the end of September. As some effort will have to go into after-0.9.13 bugfixing and preparation of Open Beta stuff, we might see Open Beta at the end of October.
That's my guess, it's just wild speculation. What does it mean for us? If you haven't gotten beta access, you have about three months left of Closed Beta time - plenty of time to have fun and learn the game's mechanics for Open beta and release.
If I am totally wrong on any of the facts, feel free to correct me.

Your speculation sounds pretty convincing. I also believe it should take about a month for a patch to be released. Though we must also factor in the difficulty of the patch (in-terms of implementing,creating,tweaking etc...) I think maybe either in late September or in early October. Though maybe we will get it earlier! All that should matter is when the open beta begins it should be refined and free of major bugs etc...
I do hope mid august holds true, I can't wait.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info