Updated Open Beta Date Information

"
"
golem09 wrote:
"
mid august->15th of august? or did i miss something and its delayed once again? anyway great work on the game, it looks so fricking good and if it feels like it looks like to play, then, sirs, you are truly geniuses at work :D keep on doing great stuff

You could at least read the very first post of the thread you post in...

dont know what you mean...they say mid august but then again another delay? don't understand that first post completely so you could make me understand it maybe?

In June they said mid-August with three three-week patches in between, the first patch took 7 weeks so there goes the timetable out the window. Pretty easy to understand with basic reading comprehension.
"
jayt wrote:
Pretty sure he meant that there will be an additional delay from the mid August timeline that was set earlier.

So probably October would be a good estimate.

ty. too bad :D but a nice game is worth to wait for
and it's worth paying/supporting fore as well. ;-)
I play games... shocked, i know.
While I understand and fully support a better product, I am extremely disappointed :(

Why? When I see "Open Beta delayed" I actually understand "Character wipe delayed". And that is whats bothering me. I - as many of you Im sure - have a demanding job and limited time to devote to playing. I really, really wanna play PoE but am not willing to commit more time to a char that will be wiped.

So as I said, I understand and cherish GGGs decision to further improve what they have and add more and better content, but the wipe is keeping me away from PoE. Sadly.

If GGG found a way to wipe the chars sooner then OB, it'd be perfect :)
Closed beta is more about experimenting with builds and see what does/doesn't work. It does kind of suck that they will be wiping characters (if you are on limited time), but open beta might be 1-1.5 months away. I think it is still worth it to mess around in closed beta, even with the impending wipe. The game is already looking very good and is only getting better!
As I would imagine, open beta would be flooded for the first few weeks.
"
xToxic wrote:
As I would imagine, open beta would be flooded for the first few weeks.

100%, no matter when it eventually comes around, there will be a massive influx of players. It's part of the reason for their open stress test weekends. Any game with this many people waiting for it always gets a mad rush. The same happened when Aion went F2P and the same will happen when SWTOR does in October/November
looking forward to swtor going free, played it when I had a job, but had to stop when I lost it. the surge is probably the reason they want to get this beta as polished as possible, leave a good impression. The stress test weekend I played left a very good impression on me, cant wait for this to come out. you guys are doin gods work.
Thanks for the update.
Can't wait to play this game...
Loving the Buld of the Week videos on youtube.
Keep up the good work.
I'm willing to wait for the open Beta if it means we'll be getting all of Act 3 open to us by that time instead of a part of it. If not, I can always wait some more. :) Though the wait is killing me with all the willpower I'm mustering up.

For now I've stopped playing Path of Exile so I don't burn myself out too much when the full game is released.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info