Updated Open Beta Date Information

"
Chris wrote:
In June, we posted that our we estimated that we'd enter Open Beta in mid-August. We proposed a schedule of three patches of approximately three weeks each to achieve the features and content we wanted before we enter Open Beta.

The first of those patches was deployed this week. It took around a month longer than intended, but we are extremely pleased with how it turned out. This additional time was spent developing the Maps system and Act Two boss fights to be much more advanced than we initially planned.

In addition to the two large patches left that we want to achieve before entering Open Beta, there are a few other minor areas that we plan to improve (such as general combat polish, our initial selection of microtransaction items, and some client stability issues) that were not properly factored into the original schedule.

At the moment we're hard at work on PvP and finishing the Act Three content. It's looking really awesome - I can't wait to show you guys.

One of the lucky things about not having a publisher is that we don't have to release the game in an unfinished state. It's extremely difficult to schedule so many complex systems accurately, and having to release prematurely can completely kill an online game.

I'm sorry that we're delaying the start of Open Beta (again), though as much as I want to see it released, I would much rather release a high quality product.

I don't want to commit to a new date estimate today. I'll update with a better estimate as soon as we have one available. It won't be too much longer - you can see based on our progress through the patches that we're getting pretty close!

Physical supporter swag (t-shirts, posters, etc.) is being finalised and produced soon. The scheduled for shipping these has been unaffected by this delay.

Thank you again for your great feedback and continued support of Path of Exile. I hope to chat to as many of you as possible during the upcoming Public Stress Test weekend!

Are you planning to release the open beta this year yet? Or are you delaying until 2013?
Take your time guys. Most of us rather wait longer than have an unfinished or broken game.

Weaklings can't pick their way of death.
^ i agree.
I'm more accustomed to blizzard forums, so I apologize for ever being rude! lol seems a lot of fanboy stuff here I hope its not all hype. what I've read so far has been impressive. Already got the wife's permission to be a beta supporter cant wait to see it this weekend. Keep up the good work, Chris right? Cant wait for my kiwi I'm going to name him Jeff.
“Most men do not desire liberty; most only wish for a master that doesn't beat them.” Sallust (86-34BC)

no worries, take ur time.
I appreciate all of the hard work you guys are doing to make this game. It'll be a blast!
"
Nel wrote:
Take your time guys. Most of us rather wait longer than have an unfinished or broken game.

I have to agree with this. Take your time.
No worries Late September,Early October is fine with me
I can't wait to see open beta! This game is gonna be amazing! Keep up the good work guys. I'll definitely donate over $500. So addicted to POE!

You guys are also getting a lot of attention on youtube from commentators. This game is gonna be HUGE >:D
Yes Chris, take your time

A good balanced game and better content is always a good reason for postponing the open beta or the final release :)

I'm still hoping to receive a key for the close Beta, but I can wait, even if something it is hard :), reading and seeing all the players having 'FUN' makes me wanne play too

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info