Updated Open Beta Date Information

Definately agree with the taking time aswell, I saw this game as my salvation from diablo 3 lol and so far theyve learned from blizzards mistakes :3 cant wait to play this guys! Hope i get a key soon! XD
"Playing jank off-meta minion builds since 2012"
Its surprising that diablo 3 haven't its mistakes from diablo 2.

anyways, any update on the open beta?
"
SpudOfDoom wrote:
I get a warm feeling inside when I realise that our supporter purchases have allowed GGG to delay the open release of the game to get it up to their standards. That's a luxury usually reserved for big players like Valve and Blizzard.

-_- Sarcasm?
"
"
SpudOfDoom wrote:
I get a warm feeling inside when I realise that our supporter purchases have allowed GGG to delay the open release of the game to get it up to their standards. That's a luxury usually reserved for big players like Valve and Blizzard.

-_- Sarcasm?

Isnt that obvious?:P
Bye bye desync!
It amazes me how impressed I am with this game even in a closed beta state. I wanted to believe that it was as good as the hype, but after the debacle of some of the other "big" players I was not optimistic.

All I can say is that it has been every bit as good as the hype and I am glad I put some money down on it to help it get even better.
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
Delay for as long as you need to Chris!

So few developers understand how refined ARPG's have to be in order to be successful in today's market. The failure of D3 (and I'm as big a Blizzard fanboy as the next person) is the best thing you guys could have asked for. There are a ton of gamers like myself out there that were ready for the successor to D2 in this genre and didn't get it in D3 and won't get it (IMO) in Torchlight 2.

From what I can tell from my 1-2 weeks in the beta so far, you are doing almost everything right. The level of customization and depth of character creation, itemization, and skills is mind boggling and has me theorycrafting builds like I haven't done since D2.

What you're not doing right (yet) you seem to be aware of and consciously working on. To me, this is the most important thing. This game has the potential to be the best ARPG of all time, and you guys seem committed to getting it there. If the PvP and other features you have planned exceed expectations like the rest of the game has for me, Path of Exile will have the staying power that only D2 has achieved in this genre, and with 10 years of micro-transactions you guys will be rewarded for your hard work.

Don't give in to the pressure to release! Make PoE everything you want it to be!
"
ZasZ314 wrote:
Delay for as long as you need to Chris!

So few developers understand how refined ARPG's have to be in order to be successful in today's market. The failure of D3 (and I'm as big a Blizzard fanboy as the next person) is the best thing you guys could have asked for. There are a ton of gamers like myself out there that were ready for the successor to D2 in this genre and didn't get it in D3 and won't get it (IMO) in Torchlight 2.

From what I can tell from my 1-2 weeks in the beta so far, you are doing almost everything right. The level of customization and depth of character creation, itemization, and skills is mind boggling and has me theorycrafting builds like I haven't done since D2.

What you're not doing right (yet) you seem to be aware of and consciously working on. To me, this is the most important thing. This game has the potential to be the best ARPG of all time, and you guys seem committed to getting it there. If the PvP and other features you have planned exceed expectations like the rest of the game has for me, Path of Exile will have the staying power that only D2 has achieved in this genre, and with 10 years of micro-transactions you guys will be rewarded for your hard work.

Don't give in to the pressure to release! Make PoE everything you want it to be!

I agree. As much as I would love to see it put into public beta now, It's definitely better to wait and receive a quality product. I was also anticipating the release of diablo 3. Thousands of gamers were according to the record breaking pre-sales it received. But it just wasn't what the majority were looking for. POE, has everything we could hope for in an arpg including direct interactions with the devs themselves. Even chatting with the community in game which is somewhat rare. I definitely can't wait for it's public release.
“Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.” -Albert Einstein
This thread was an interesting read, cant wait for the release.
Cool i only wish i could get into beta (fingers crossed) :)
PoE already is a great game, though for a full launch there are still things to be done. And less than 4 acts would seem like not enough content.

Just dont make the mistake and begin mass media advertising and publishing before the game is actually ready. In fact there is no need to do so, because right now there is no other arpg on the horizon that could beat PoE. Maybe Grim Dawn in a couple of years, though the setting is definetly not mainstream arpg.

Keep up the good work, I enjoy the beta :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info