Updated Open Beta Date Information

You guys just keep doing what you're doing because it's working and the only other company to keep this approach of releasing a "finished" game that I know of and like is Runic Games. Definitely can't wait for the full release of this game but I will find a way to do so.
Hey guys,

Take all the time you want. I've been playing (and loving the heck out of this game) for the last few weeks. Even got some other friends hooked onto it.

Look forward to the new patches and the open beta :)

All the very best!
Who wasn't expecting this ;D

Don't worry, it's not like people are mad about it, we can play 24/7 basically and we get new updates on a rather regular basis.

The only ones mad are the ones that won't spend 10$ to play the game now.
Please Chris, there are so much crashes now when you are changing area, fix them! One of my friends is getting tired of this bug.. We need a hotfix!

Thanks in advance :) <3 the game
Last edited by Sartormc on Jul 31, 2012, 3:24:44 PM
Please, take your time :)
Diablo 3 did not live up to expectations:
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=357201

Looking for a new game to give suggestions for *hint hint*.

Why pressure the GGG on giving the OBT date?

Perm. Retired from this unforgiving land of the Exiles.
Self-impost EXILED.
"
elwindakos wrote:
But the delay of the open beta is plane as day is on purpose,to get more money,which is good at one aspectbut on the other hand,all the money they could get would be until launch,and they know it.Cosmetics will bring few $$ in the devs pocket.

Though i am not happy that they delay this again(3rd time is it?),i can understand why they will do it.

Also as i read,this game will never go off the beta phase.Mark my words that it will be beta till 2013,whether it be closed or open.

I don't think it was made on purpose, it just took longer than expected. I didn't really expect anything else with a game of this scale and such a small team.
And I don't think it's a big deal for this game to be "in beta" until 2013, since the open beta start pretty much IS the release. From then on, it's free and there will be noe char wipes.
And since even after the official release there will be features added, I don't see open beta as a bad thing.

All I care about now is that final wipe. Gimme. NAO!
"
Wind_Falcon wrote:
Thanks for the update. And don't worry, we ALL want a quality product, so no problem for taking more time. Anyone who actually pays attention to what you implement won't have a problem.

I've been on last weekend test stress and while playing Path of Exile i found it a superb game in comparisson of what watched about diablo 3 on streamings. The Path of Exile quality detected was quite similar but considering that diablo costs 99 dolars and also feactures massively pay to win which i dislike, i found Path of Exile surely better.
On quote: how many acts and levels will path of exile have?
This question might be important as a longer game will needs more time but also will feacture more stuff for hard-grinding gamers assuming that most bugs will be tested and fixed before open beta.
xD
Last edited by PHRandom on Aug 1, 2012, 1:38:22 PM
Can't wait for act 3! Might buy a PoE shirt if they look epic

“A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.”
--Herm Albright
Awesome job GGG. Take your time to make a great representation of PoE for Open Beta.

I'm definitely liking your "Gamers making games for gamers" stance on this project :).
Last edited by Rocksteady86 on Aug 1, 2012, 3:00:26 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info