[3.25] Chaos Zoomancer & Minion Army Necromancer League Starter (All content - Ubers, T17, Simu)

"
siden1 wrote:
Loving the guide - thanks for the work that went into it.

A couple of quick questions please - struggling to find the 'Arena Master' spectre. I've run a couple of Drox maps but couldn't bring up the Arena Master corpse via desecrate.

Is it 'Map contains Drox's citadel' I'm looking for, or something else?

Hi, you are correct and I need to adjust this information in the guide,

The arena master is found in 'Map contains Drox's citadel' but you cant desecrate him as soon as you enter the map. You need to kill packs of the unique drox monsters that spawn during the map and in those packs you need to find the corpse of the arena master. After you have raised him as a spectre you can easily get him again by casting desecrate. But you need to find a "original" corpse first.
Last edited by Hoffen on Aug 9, 2024, 6:42:54 AM
Thanks for the quick reply - will go grab him now :)
I've been playing this build for a while now. It's definitely grown on me, since I even considered switching in the beginning but It gets a lot more enjoyable especially when you get enough spectres.
A couple of questions. Any recommendations for pantheon? I've been thinking arakaali for the chaos dot resistance. Brine king feels kind of wasted since we are ailment immune. On the other hand the stun recovery on brine king does sound quite good.
For minor patheon I'm currently just running with abberath for the burning ground.

Also what atlas strategies do you recommend? Destructive play seems to fit perfectly because of the high boss damage. I've been doing some expedition and it feels decent. I've also been running some ultimatums because it feels like it works good with vaal skeletons.
"
Nabster wrote:
I've been playing this build for a while now. It's definitely grown on me, since I even considered switching in the beginning but It gets a lot more enjoyable especially when you get enough spectres.
A couple of questions. Any recommendations for pantheon? I've been thinking arakaali for the chaos dot resistance. Brine king feels kind of wasted since we are ailment immune. On the other hand the stun recovery on brine king does sound quite good.
For minor patheon I'm currently just running with abberath for the burning ground.

Also what atlas strategies do you recommend? Destructive play seems to fit perfectly because of the high boss damage. I've been doing some expedition and it feels decent. I've also been running some ultimatums because it feels like it works good with vaal skeletons.

For major pantheon you should use Lunaris for "Avoid projectiles that have chained" and other good defensive modifiers.
For minor pantheon I would recommend Gruthkul for more physical mitigation.
Abberath is also okay for burning ground immunity but the build has quite a lot of life regeneration so it is not really needed.
Shakari is okay as well for chaos and poison reduction, but we aim to get 75% chaos resistance and the high regen helps deal with poison damage.

My recommendation is to play which ever atlas strategy you like expect for Legion.
Last edited by Hoffen on Aug 9, 2024, 2:02:16 PM
Hi Hoffen,
The passive tree leveling sequence on maxroll after the campaign seems a bit confusing.

For example on the tree it shows "70-83" and then 83-92 etc and then below that it shows /106 and then it shows a certain number out of /6 to the right of that lol. It's just confusing which ones I suppose to click on. I suppose to use. Is for example the 70-83 the levels and then /106 below the points? I I mean if I just click on the 70-83, it will show like cluster jewels at the top of the tree, but it won't show anything connecting to them. love maxroll, but this is an area I think they need to clarify a bit. passive tree layout is a bit confusing after leveling.

Edit: Actually I think I figured it out, I think the /106 might be the total passive points upon that point? so maybe you click on the level, for example 70-83" above, but then you need to also click on the /106 below?
Last edited by Mentoya on Aug 9, 2024, 2:27:09 PM
"
Mentoya wrote:
Hi Hoffen,
The passive tree leveling sequence on maxroll after the campaign seems a bit confusing.

For example on the tree it shows "70-83" and then 83-92 etc and then below that it shows /106 and then it shows a certain number out of /6 to the right of that lol. It's just confusing which ones I suppose to click on. I suppose to use. Is for example the 70-83 the levels and then /106 below the points? I I mean if I just click on the 70-83, it will show like cluster jewels at the top of the tree, but it won't show anything connecting to them. love maxroll, but this is an area I think they need to clarify a bit. passive tree layout is a bit confusing after leveling.

Edit: Actually I think I figured it out, I think the /106 might be the total passive points upon that point? so maybe you click on the level, for example 70-83" above, but then you need to also click on the /106 below?

The number "106" that you see is the total amount of skill points you should have since you get more skill points from doing quests in the campaign. The "6" or "8" is your ascendancy points. The tree sets to max level when you choose it but you can click on the arrows to backtrack and see how you are supposed to add the skill points from lvl 70.
okay cool
Hey mate, another question for ya. So in the guide it talks about using the Dendrobate if you can't afford the 6 link Covenant, but I noticed the Dendrobate requires 300 Dexterity to get the big poison damage , which is WAY WAY above my current Dex of 71. So either I missed some Dexterity nodes earlier, or should I just go with a strong rare? Also, I don't have the poison setup yet. (Only in early White maps by the way).
Last edited by Mentoya on Aug 10, 2024, 12:57:25 PM
"
Mentoya wrote:
Hey mate, another question for ya. So in the guide it talks about using the Dendrobate if you can't afford the 6 link Covenant, but I noticed the Dendrobate requires 300 Dexterity to get the big poison damage , which is WAY WAY above my current Dex of 71. So either I missed some Dexterity nodes earlier, or should I just go with a strong rare? Also, I don't have the poison setup yet. (Only in early White maps by the way).

We only use Dendrobate for the "Socketed gems are supported by lvl 10 chance to poison". The 300dex modifier is completely irrelevant since our minions are doing the poison damage not "you".
"
Hoffen wrote:
"
Mentoya wrote:

We only use Dendrobate for the "Socketed gems are supported by lvl 10 chance to poison". The 300dex modifier is completely irrelevant since our minions are doing the poison damage not "you".

okay gotcha, I just went with the rare for now per your guide, and will go with the Dendrobate once I get another divine or two saved and got my poison jewels etc.

EDIT: This comment is for others who may have struggled when hitting maps like I did. During the campaign I had no issues, but once I entered maps, I suddenly became the target and was getting hit all the time and even died once. Once I switched to the 6 link and equipped the flesh and stone, steelskin etc and ditched the absolution setup and got my skellies going, it made a HUGE difference and content started melting. Following the maxroll guide carefully is huge. I really love how scalable this is as you build your currency.
Last edited by Mentoya on Aug 10, 2024, 6:52:33 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info