Game still won't open on M1 Mac...

Coming back after the end of Trial Of Ancestors. Deleted everything and the installer does not work. This is sad.
Tried launching the internal bins and both of them are showing as damaged as well lol, like it seems one of the CDN's is totally fucking us.
posted the fix in page 5.
"
Autopsyzzz wrote:

Not even getting the bin option anymore
"
Not even getting the bin option anymore

Try other ways of attempting to launch the game. The launch icon, running the .app from the Library PoE folder. Others?
"
Autopsyzzz wrote:

LOL your fix isn't working for some people, some people the defective App that is in the trash, when we move it its still broken lol that doesn't fix anything the files still broken, even going into the app and running it from Content/MacOS/Path of Exile doesn't run same move to trash shit with opt+open
Removed all steam files and games. Redownloaded steam, and redownloading the game

Yea even steam draws a blank now *edit*

Standalone program is just not working.
Last edited by Khetti on Jul 26, 2024, 4:39:18 PM
"
kryalot wrote:

Is anyone saying, they have updated the client with the 7 GB patch, and then running the internal /Content/MacOS executables doesn't work? Let us know that doesn't work, so I can stop saying it does.

Sure, I'll say that. I've tried from scratch multiple times, including from fresh downloads. The most recent time just now, it finally pulled down the 6.something GB patch, and then went right back to "It's broken. Trash it?" Any time before that, it did "It's broke. Trash it?" from the get-go.

Also, for the record, the binaries inside the .app file I keep downloading are not 3MB and 105MB. They are 3MB and 90.5MB.
Ok I have made it work, at least to where it is downloading the game. This is what I did:

1. Deleted everything, Path Of Exile folder from /Application Support and com.GGG.PathOfExile from /caches.

2. I ran PoE installer again and moved it to bin.

3. Open Bin and move Path of Exile to /Application Support/Path of Exile/
Do not put it back under Applications.

4. Option + right click on the Path of Exile icon.
"
phantam wrote:
Tried launching the internal bins and both of them are showing as damaged as well lol, like it seems one of the CDN's is totally fucking us.

I think you may be on to something. When I download the client fresh from the website, I get one of at least two different .dmg files, but heavily favoring one over the other. The 42.1 MB .dmg goes into "Trash it?" mode immediately. The much rarer 42.8 MB one launches and pulls down the 6+GB patch before going into "Trash it?" mode.
Last edited by Tithonia on Jul 26, 2024, 4:43:11 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info