Game still won't open on M1 Mac...

"
Khetti wrote:
GGG

Can you please acknowledge that Mac is part of the pc ecosystem soon and get on with fixing whatever problems the Mac client has and give us controller support. To me this Settlers launch has been a joke from a Mac standpoint (as far as I know, you've started the console version had issues), but why is Mac being neglected?

After spending half an hour trying to launch the game (from steam no less, because reasons from above posters), I finally got in. Decided to run a safehouse:
Both my spells and mobs were invisible, lucky for me safehouses aren't particularly dangerous, but running blind in POE?

This is becoming a joke soon. GGG = Good, Giving (no) Game

This wiki page has some options for a more reliable connection to poe - https://www.poewiki.net/wiki/Guide:Path_of_Exile_on_Mac_using_Windows_Client
"
poposs972 wrote:
Same problem on iMAC
No solution ?

Take a look on the wiki https://www.poewiki.net/wiki/Guide:Path_of_Exile_on_Mac_using_Windows_Client
"
Levre wrote:
Any update from GGG on this would be great. Even a "we won't be supporting Mac anymore" would help, we could all stop spending our time trying to make it work.

Take a look on the wiki https://www.poewiki.net/wiki/Guide:Path_of_Exile_on_Mac_using_Windows_Client
"
BowWizard wrote:
"
Khetti wrote:
GGG

Can you please acknowledge that Mac is part of the pc ecosystem soon and get on with fixing whatever problems the Mac client has and give us controller support. To me this Settlers launch has been a joke from a Mac standpoint (as far as I know, you've started the console version had issues), but why is Mac being neglected?

After spending half an hour trying to launch the game (from steam no less, because reasons from above posters), I finally got in. Decided to run a safehouse:
Both my spells and mobs were invisible, lucky for me safehouses aren't particularly dangerous, but running blind in POE?

This wiki page has some options for a more reliable connection to poe - https://www.poewiki.net/wiki/Guide:Path_of_Exile_on_Mac_using_Windows_Client

Well going to windows through bootcamp would be major. But!
That cannot be done right now reliably on silicon chip Macs.

I do have an Intel based and am currently looking into getting an egpu setup for that, so I can just go bootcamp windows and be done with it... Controller support is the icing on the cake lol

EDIT: Sorry, I assumed you were talking about bootcamp win.
I really won't go through the hassle of learning to use game porting toolkit, just to play.
GGG could learn gptk though, so we don't have to.
Last edited by Khetti on Aug 19, 2024, 7:01:59 PM
"
Khetti wrote:
"
BowWizard wrote:
"
Khetti wrote:
GGG

Well going to windows through bootcamp would be major. But!
That cannot be done right now reliably on silicon chip Macs.

I do have an Intel based and am currently looking into getting an egpu setup for that, so I can just go bootcamp windows and be done with it... Controller support is the icing on the cake lol

EDIT: Sorry, I assumed you were talking about bootcamp win.
I really won't go through the hassle of learning to use game porting toolkit, just to play.
GGG could learn gptk though, so we don't have to.

If you’re on an Intel Mac you can use either Crossover or portingkit to run the Windows client. No patch issues, higher FPS, smooth game play. Also if you are on Monterey the standalone client is unaffected by the issues. I’m not sure why you would want to try playing with a broken client when there are option available, some of which are free, just like POE.
and suddenly despite not included in closed beta test

Somehow WTF POE 2 "support" Mac?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYaSU9UCe0w
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

This is the end of forum signature
Anyone have any tips for performance optimization running that native client for mac m1?

im running the game on the lowest setttings possible and its playable but very very slow at times. especially in certain towns when its busy.

i was playing No mans Land on steam earlier this year with the graphics decently turned up and it ran so smooth i couldn't believe it, now im playing poe and its good but the performance has me second guessing if its worth the eye strain playing on lowest graphic settings.

Mac M1 16GB RAM
When i first started playing on my Mac mini M1, i got decent framerate, no or little lag. But since a few months it is going downhill with every patch that comes out.
just tried it again - it worked fine with me

"counting to 30" workaround is working for me.
tested on m1, m3 5 times each. 100% with no crashes.

BUT: GGG fix your GAME! "poe 2 mac support" lol
"mac support" meaning more than "installable on mac"
Last edited by danielray on Aug 22, 2024, 6:45:13 PM
Running the game on a M2 Max, in game is running smooth, but making 30+ loggin attempts every time I wanna play the game takes the fun out of it. Can we please get an update good or bad.
Last edited by Straatrover on Aug 25, 2024, 11:59:27 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info