Game still won't open on M1 Mac...

"
deyyo wrote:

Yeah my bad, should have written whole path. Try and do the whole process as I am doing. Delete everything and reinstall :)

Wiped both, fully redownloaded the installer ... same shit lol
"
Sure, I'll say that. I've tried from scratch multiple times, including from fresh downloads. The most recent time just now, it finally pulled down the 6.something GB patch, and then went right back to "It's broken. Trash it?" Any time before that, it did "It's broke. Trash it?" from the get-go.

Also, for the record, the binaries inside the .app file I keep downloading are not 3MB and 105MB. They are 3MB and 90.5MB.

Good info. I've never tried from scratch except the initial install, and my first attempts when a different patch broke it, weeks ago. I'm using the standalone client, and I readily delete some of those extra files and folders I mentioned earlier. I ran the 3 mb executable, from the updated .app internals, not the 103 MB versions from 7/21 and 7/18.
The fact not 1 staff post here is driving me nuts since 2 frigging days ago.
Last edited by phantam on Jul 26, 2024, 5:12:19 PM
- launch the game by this command

`open ~/Library/Application\ Support/Path\ of\ Exile/Path\ of\ Exile.app`

- you should get the move to bin message
- clic on send to bin
- drag and drop from the bin the poe back inside Library/application support/path of exile
- rename the Redist folder (Old_Redist). I feel delete it can work too but just in case
- Run the command again
- patch should be the 6.9G one
- game should launch normally, also it's a permanent fix and you can go back to using shortcut to launch.

I think this is a file name or path issue. the one under /Application is not working, but the one under /Application Support can't get the updated one. so move the first updated one to bin, then put this updated one to /Application Support and run it works.
Another possible workaround would be getting a fresh install via steam.

I'll know more in roughly 10 mins, and will update further on this when I know more
"
RavenPale wrote:

- clic on send to bin
- drag and drop from the bin the poe back inside Library/application support/path of exile
- rename the Redist folder (Old_Redist). I feel delete it can work too but just in case
- Run the command again

Nope. Craps out again right here.

Note, this is with the 42.8 MB installer .dmg file. While it used to be exceedingly rare that the CDN would give me that one and would instead prefer the 42.1 MB .dmg file, now it will *only* give me the 42.8 MB one. So I can't try with the 42.1 MB one any more, as I've deleted all local copies of it.
Last edited by Tithonia on Jul 26, 2024, 5:38:54 PM
"
Khetti wrote:

I'll know more in roughly 10 mins, and will update further on this when I know more

This happens on the stand alone client as well. It's ridiculous that a fix hasn't been provided, given GGG were alerted several days ago. I don't want to have to re-install or some other bs work around. Fix the client so we have a good game experience.
"
RavenPale wrote:

- clic on send to bin
- Run the command again
- patch should be the 6.9G one
- game should launch normally, also it's a permanent fix and you can go back to using shortcut to launch.

I think this is a file name or path issue. the one under /Application is not working, but the one under /Application Support can't get the updated one. so move the first updated one to bin, then put this updated one to /Application Support and run it works.

i dont have a redist folder i found the right path of exile folder under application support, click on Path Of Exile folder and dragged binned POE game icon to Path of Exile folder, still tells me its damaged
"
BowWizard wrote:
"
Khetti wrote:

This happens on the stand alone client as well. It's ridiculous that a fix hasn't been provided, given GGG were alerted several days ago. I don't want to have to re-install or some other bs work around. Fix the client so we have a good game experience.

I was trying to get the standalone version to work, but as mostly everyone else here with apple silicon chips, shit hits the fan quick with standalone version.
Trying my luck with a fresh steam install of the game and will update here as soon as I know more.
"
Khetti wrote:

I was trying to get the standalone version to work, but as mostly everyone else here with apple silicon chips, shit hits the fan quick with standalone version.
Trying my luck with a fresh steam install of the game and will update here as soon as I know more.

From what we've seen so far steam version is also a fuckin mess

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info