Game still won't open on M1 Mac...

Trying to do a fresh install, same problem, workaround does not seem to work.
It worked also finally the redist showed up
Were you guys able to download the league patch?
the 3.25 patch is corrupted, can't update past 40mb download, macos will throw the .app file to the bin instead saying it's corrupted
On M2 Mac Mini. I'm about place 23000 in the login queue. I lost 200 spots checking how fast the queue was filling up.

The .app package contains executables under /Content/MacOS. Running the "Unix Executable File" (3.1mb) allowed the client to start, and I'm done messing with it. I had to use a lighter workaround to get the patching client to download the 7 GB update, then running the .app internal executables to start the client.

edit: Credit to the reply by stormcrawler in the thread https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3446104 for inspiring us to look in the .app contents.

The game/client seems functional. Maybe different teams are struggling to integrate.
Last edited by kryalot on Jul 26, 2024, 2:25:44 PM
"
kryalot wrote:
On M2 Mac Mini. I'm about place 23000 in the login queue. I lost 200 spots checking how fast the queue was filling up.

The .app package contains executables under /Content/MacOS. Running the "Unix Executable File" (3.1mb) allowed the client to start, and I'm done messing with it. I had to use a lighter workaround to get the patching client to download the 7 GB update, then running the .app internal executables to start the client.

edit: Credit to the reply by stormcrawler in the thread https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3446104 for inspiring us to look in the .app contents.

The game/client seems functional. Maybe different teams are struggling to integrate.

Can you elaborate more on "I had to use a lighter workaround to get the patching client to download the 7 GB update"? I can run the game but not download the patch.
"
fladsongomes wrote:

Can you elaborate more on "I had to use a lighter workaround to get the patching client to download the 7 GB update"? I can run the game but not download the patch.

Maybe after you are able to patch, you'll need more workarounds.

The common workarounds I've noticed:
1) Run the .app directly from the Library PoE folder.
2) Replacing the outdated .app (which doesn't seem to get updated) in that folder with the trash binned one, which seems to be the updated one.
3) Deleting hopefully temporary files/folders from the Library PoE folder, which includes the HashCache.dat file, and the /Redist/ folder.

I don't know which of these allowed the patcher to start patching, if any. The larger barrier for me was after the patcher downloaded 7GB and presumedly updated the Content.ggpk file, the client wouldn't start and the common workarounds didn't work.
Last edited by kryalot on Jul 26, 2024, 2:49:33 PM
"
kryalot wrote:
"
fladsongomes wrote:

Maybe after you are able to patch, you'll need more workarounds.

The common workarounds I've noticed:
1) Run the .app directly from the Library PoE folder.
2) Replacing the outdated .app (which doesn't seem to get updated) in that folder with the trash binned one, which seems to be the updated one.
3) Deleting hopefully temporary files/folders from the Library PoE folder, which includes the HashCache.dat file, and the /Redist/ folder.

I don't know which of these allowed the patcher to start patching, if any. The larger barrier for me was after the patcher downloaded 7GB and presumedly updated the Content.ggpk file, the client wouldn't start and the common workarounds didn't work.

Replacing the app to the Library PoE folder seems to have some progress for me. Downloading the patch now, not sure if the client would crash again after the patch.

EDIT:
Can enter the client and now queueing waiting for the server to go live.
Last edited by SideKarakterGendut on Jul 26, 2024, 3:51:19 PM
Tried launching poe standalone, it just quits unexpectedly.

Tried launching through steam. Something went wrong while trying to download the patch. Then Steam bricked completely. It stops responding then hangs up the intire system.

Fix for the standalone coming soon? Cba being helplessly behind another league…

M2 pro
"

EDIT:
Can enter the client and now queueing waiting for the server to go live.

Can you post a step-by-step of what you did? I've tried the workaround and some of the steps refer to things that either don't exist, or there are multiple locations for.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info