Game still won't open on M1 Mac...

Tried full reinstall, tried deleting the Library folder completely, same shit downloads a 40mb file supposedly and then it moves it to trash.

The file in trash is 105mb lol, so i dont get wtf is happening how did things get so screwed and why is it some people are randomly getting a working .App that they cna suddenly launch with opt-open and others arent.

Whats funny is the patch notes are showing Path of Exile - Patch Notes

3.24.3c Patch Notes in the launcher before it crashes WTF.
Last edited by phantam on Jul 26, 2024, 4:01:32 PM
"
Tithonia wrote:
"

EDIT:
Can enter the client and now queueing waiting for the server to go live.

Can you post a step-by-step of what you did? I've tried the workaround and some of the steps refer to things that either don't exist, or there are multiple locations for.

I don't remember how the exact steps are, but the main point is overwrite Path of Exile.app in /Library/Application Support/Path of Exile folder with the one that thrown in the bin by macos, which should be the client for 3.25 version

Bring (drag and drop) the deleted .app file to that folder and rename it exactly Path of Exile.app.

EDIT:
Make sure Path of Exile.app in /Library/Application Support/Path of Exile folder has metadata Created or Modified yesterday (or today depending on your time zone), open the client from that folder to double sure.
Last edited by SideKarakterGendut on Jul 26, 2024, 4:08:05 PM
Can someone zip and share the working App for us to dump into the library since it seems some aren't getting a working one every time it updates.

For reference, this is the file i moved from trash back to the Library folder .... launching the launcher or trying to launch it directly gets it moved back to trash again..

https://imgur.com/a/9B16g2h
Last edited by phantam on Jul 26, 2024, 4:16:22 PM
"
phantam wrote:
Can someone zip and share the working App for us to dump into the library since it seems some aren't getting a working one every time it updates.

If so rename Path of Exile.app to anything else first then try open the client again, so you get the fresh .app file (which later would be thrown to the trash can by macos). The entire folder is 45gb zipping it wouldn't be an option.
Just beat hillock.

Can't provide step by steps. The only locations referred were the /Library/Application\ Support/Path\ of\ Exile folder, and the trash bin. When macOS sends the program to the trash, the one that shows up there is the updated one, and you can move it to the Library PoE folder. Then after your client is updated, you'll need more workarounds to get the client started.
It doesn't seem to be a problem with the whole folder it's an issue with the Path of Exile.App :S its 105mb unzipped at least mine that isnt working is lol. screenshot above
Last edited by phantam on Jul 26, 2024, 4:17:48 PM
"

Make sure Path of Exile.app in /Library/Application Support/Path of Exile folder has metadata Created or Modified yesterday (or today depending on your time zone), open the client from that folder to double sure.

See, that's one of the parts that doesn't make sense. .app files go in /Applications/, not in /Library/Application Support/. The stuff in /Library/Application Support/ (and ${HOME}/Library/Application Support/) is data files and config files. It sounds like you're saying to put the game client executables into the data directory instead of into the Applications directory.
Ya the client does a wierd thing where it puts it in the support folder first then i think does a hot swap, but doesnt matter the .App in the support folder that ends up in the trash is a broken file for me and likely you as well, which is why i was hoping someone would share the working verison, or a link to the working version on the cdn
Maybe the location of the .app isn't important. The final workaround for me seemed to be: Run the executables that are inside the updated .app. The updated .app is found in the trash bin after macOS sends it there. Inside the 105 mb executable, is a smaller ones, and a 3 mb executable. I had to run the right program, hidden in the right .app. I haven't closed it since getting into the queue hours ago. I've made it to the game.

Is anyone saying, they have updated the client with the 7 GB patch, and then running the internal /Content/MacOS executables doesn't work? Let us know that doesn't work, so I can stop saying it does.
Last edited by kryalot on Jul 26, 2024, 4:26:57 PM
Completely bricked now. Requesting GGG response

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info