Game still won't open on M1 Mac...

The Client logs are constantly showing this error:

"
2024/07/26 20:51:24 4054566299 72b061e1 [CRIT Client 20589] SoundBank Global Index File does not exist.
2024/07/26 20:51:24 4054566337 105b0bb4 [DEBUG Client 20589] MessageBox: File not found: Data/GlobalAudioConfig.datl64, Exception
2024/07/26 20:51:24 4054566358 fa399dde [CRIT Client 20589] [EXCEPTION] File not found: Data/GlobalAudioConfig.datl64
2024/07/26 20:51:24 4054566359 4a46460f [DEBUG Client 20589] [RENDER] StopDevice

its pretty bad that ggg can't fix this after 11 months
this was fine at league launch and then somehow reverted??
Got the same problem, it's disgusting and unacceptable.
M1 Macbook Pro, Sonoma 14.5, stand-alone client.

GGG, pls.
I'm a bit surprised GGG is still letting this be a problem. I'm sure the M-series Mac playerbase is small, but, as I understand from other software devs, Mac users are generally a more lucrative market segment than most.
"
BowWizard wrote:
"
Got my client bricked again after a PC restart. One thing that I noticed is that macos gave false positive signal on the supposed working Path of Exile.app in the Library/Application Support folder (the one that I just recently drag and drop from bin).

What I did instead returning the Path of Exile.app to the bin, I just click "Cancel" to that one, then right click on Path of Exile.app > Open (Or from Settings > Privacy Securty there's a section telling Path of Exile.app is blocked because from an unidentified developer, click "Open anyway"). The second time I do it there's an "Open" option beside "Move to bin" (or something like that) and "Cancel", I clicked "Open" and the game is working again for me.

You gave me hope for a minute. I followed the same steps. It doesn't work for me.

It puts me in a continuous loop of "Path of Exile is damaged". If I cancel it and then go to Privacy&Security and tell it to open it anyway it gives you 3 options - Open, Move to Trash and Cancel. Selecting open it fires up the update and then goes back to "Path of Exile is damaged".

I bet you we won't see a fix from GGG for this. They just don't care about MacOS. We seem to be regarded as pond scum most of the time.

Try right clicking the Path of Exile.app from /Library/Application Support/Path of Exile folder, and click open from the context menu.

I think what happen is that when there's a new patch:
1. the old Path of Exile.app will download the fresh .app file first (the 40mb download), extract and overwrite any Path of Exile.app in the Library folder, close the old .app client
2. It then programmatically run the fresh .app client which would download the related patch. However there's something wrong happen when the old client programmatically launch the new client, which prompts MacOS to send the new .app client to the trash bin.
3. From here what we need to do is to manually launch the downloaded .app client so that it can skip the point 2. (the one that thrown in the trash bin). What's working for me is that I put the downloaded Path of Exile.app to /Library/Application Support/Path of Exile folder from the trash bin, and instead of double clicking it, I right-clicked it and open it from the context menu
Last edited by SideKarakterGendut on Jul 27, 2024, 3:25:16 AM
GOT IT WORKING!

- Save old ggpk
- delete all GGG/POE stuff in lib/application support, lib/caches, lib/preferences
They are named com.GGG....
- delete from /Applications

- download fresh

$cd /Applications
$sudo xattr -d com.apple.quarantine "Path of Exile.app"

- start game, get move to bin
- move the old Path of Exile 105.6 MB file from bin to application support
- see the patch download and get dopamine
- replace with the old ggpk

- die to hillock

This Method worked for me ----->

Step 1: Move to trash, "Path of Exile.app" in the Applications Folder, Move to trash Dmg, Empty Trash,
Restart.

Step 2: New Dmg, Install ---> Right click or Option Click "Path of Exile.app" in the Applications Folder
and select show package contents.

Step 3: click contents --> MacOS --> run the Path of Exile Unix Executable File - 3.1 MB
" Once you run it the terminal should show up and on the top it will show the directories the app
is using. You want to focus on the----->

****** Path of Exile folder set to /Users/yourUserName/Library/Application Support/Path of Exile. *****

<------- The important point here is "Path of Exile folder set to" ----. It might be different on different machines. the above path was for me.

Once the exe files finishes it will say corrupted move to trash, go ahead and do that. Then find the folder path based on the terminal. If you open Users and do not see the Library, Use CMD+Shift+period (.)
to show hidden folders.

Step 4: drag and drop the Path of Exile.app front the trash to the /Users/yourUserName/Library/Application Support/Path of Exile folder. Once dropped, right click or option click the Path of Exile.app and click open. then click Open anyway, and you are good to go. Just to clarify you are opening it in the /Users/yourUserName/Library/Application Support/Path of Exile folder where dragged it from the trash.

hope that helps. I am on Apple M1 Air 14.5 Sono
"
zrpm7 wrote:

Step 1: Move to trash, "Path of Exile.app" in the Applications Folder, Move to trash Dmg, Empty Trash,
Restart.

Step 2: New Dmg, Install ---> Right click or Option Click "Path of Exile.app" in the Applications Folder

Step 3: click contents --> MacOS --> run the Path of Exile Unix Executable File - 3.1 MB
" Once you run it the terminal should show up and on the top it will show the directories the app

****** Path of Exile folder set to /Users/yourUserName/Library/Application Support/Path of Exile. *****

<------- The important point here is "Path of Exile folder set to" ----. It might be different on different machines. the above path was for me.

Once the exe files finishes it will say corrupted move to trash, go ahead and do that. Then find the folder path based on the terminal. If you open Users and do not see the Library, Use CMD+Shift+period (.)
to show hidden folders.

Step 4: drag and drop the Path of Exile.app front the trash to the /Users/yourUserName/Library/Application Support/Path of Exile folder. Once dropped, right click or option click the Path of Exile.app and click open. then click Open anyway, and you are good to go. Just to clarify you are opening it in the /Users/yourUserName/Library/Application Support/Path of Exile folder where dragged it from the trash.

Thank you, mate. This worked for me(Apple M1 Pro, Sonoma 14.5). 👍
"
zrpm7 wrote:

Restart.

to show hidden folders.

Confirmed this is the way, thanks a lot much appreciated!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info