Game still won't open on M1 Mac...

"
Khetti wrote:
"
BowWizard wrote:
"
Khetti wrote:
Another possible workaround would be getting a fresh install via steam.

I'll know more in roughly 10 mins, and will update further on this when I know more

This happens on the stand alone client as well. It's ridiculous that a fix hasn't been provided, given GGG were alerted several days ago. I don't want to have to re-install or some other bs work around. Fix the client so we have a good game experience.

I was trying to get the standalone version to work, but as mostly everyone else here with apple silicon chips, shit hits the fan quick with standalone version.
Trying my luck with a fresh steam install of the game and will update here as soon as I know more.

Good luck. I gave up. I don't have the time, inclination or a Steam account to try. Some people are reporting that the workaround doesn't work either.

I've setup using Apple GPTK now and it runs fine. Completely bypasses the need for MacOS client. The MacOS stand alone client is a piece of garbage.
"
RavenPale wrote:
- launch the game by this command

`open ~/Library/Application\ Support/Path\ of\ Exile/Path\ of\ Exile.app`

- you should get the move to bin message
- clic on send to bin
- drag and drop from the bin the poe back inside Library/application support/path of exile
- rename the Redist folder (Old_Redist). I feel delete it can work too but just in case
- Run the command again
- patch should be the 6.9G one
- game should launch normally, also it's a permanent fix and you can go back to using shortcut to launch.

I think this is a file name or path issue. the one under /Application is not working, but the one under /Application Support can't get the updated one. so move the first updated one to bin, then put this updated one to /Application Support and run it works.

People have GOT TO STOP REPEATING THIS. LOL, you got lucky the cdn gave you a clean .App that when you moved it back and ran it worked, it appears others a decent bit are repeatedly just getting the broken launcher, so we move the file from bin back and ... its just dead still lol

When we do any of that it just trashes it again...

whats really funny is i've managed that when i launch i dont even get the redist anymore since i did a full reinstall LOL
"
BowWizard wrote:

I've setup using Apple GPTK now and it runs fine. Completely bypasses the need for MacOS client. The MacOS stand alone client is a piece of garbage.

I'd be careful using GPTK. A lot of cheat-detection stuff hooks into various deep, undocumented parts of Windows that GPTK can't and thus doesn't emulate. We don't know what kind of cheat-detection stuff GGG does, so you may risk catching a ban for what may look to GGG like an attempt to bypass their anti-cheat measures.
Last edited by Tithonia on Jul 26, 2024, 5:56:07 PM
so is there no fix for this for mac m1?

i tried the drag from bin thing and it still isnt working
Doesn't seem to be yet, and GGG has yet to chime in to the thread in 2 days lol
"
VesselIV wrote:
so is there no fix for this for mac m1?

i tried the drag from bin thing and it still isnt working

Best I can tell, there is no fix for M-series Mac, Intel Mac (unsurprising, since the game client is still only compiled for Intel and runs on M-series Macs by being translated on-the-fly, and so it's the same client for all Macs), or Steam.

One or two people in this thread have gotten it working, but the steps outlined are vague, not reproducible for anyone else, and most seem to be unnecessary anyways.

On top of that, the website is handing out at least two different installers which fail in the same way, but at different steps in the normal install procedure.
After getting a fresh install from Steam. I was able (through toggling firewall off until I was logged in with a League char) to run the game, visit new content and currently ready to advance on the coast.

Fresh install from Steam might be a possible workaround for now
Seems like some fixes are working for some people.

Some people can't get the patch download started. Then, some people who have the patch downloaded can't get the game to start. I did different workarounds for each part, for the standalone client.
"
kryalot wrote:
Seems like some fixes are working for some people.

Some people can't get the patch download started. Then, some people who have the patch downloaded can't get the game to start. I did different workarounds for each part, for the standalone client.

would you mind explaining it one more time?

i dont have a redist folder in my path of exile folder anymore
im running a mac m1

my path of exile folder under application support only has these things in it

Content.ggpk

HashCache.dat

Prefrences

Update.dat

when i drag the POE from my bin into this folder nothing changes if i try to boot from folder it doesnt work if i go to applications still doesnt work same message
"
would you mind explaining it one more time?

My belief about which workaround worked at each step is only my belief.

Deleting HashCache.dat at any time seems okay because the launcher gets this file fresh each time. I currently have a Redist folder, but I've removed it before.

I think in /Library/Application\ Support/ (not the same folder), there was a com.GGG.PathOfExile folder, and I've remove it entirely as well, in the past. It's still gone.

(Edit: /Library/Application Support/Path of Exile doesn't exist? I deleted an obscure folder at /private/var/root/Library/Caches/com.GGG.PathOfExile that I had to use sudo -s in terminal to remove. Inspiration again from the thread at https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3446104)

As for different workarounds for each stage, getting the patcher to start downloading the patch didn't involve trying to run the internal executables. After the patch is downloaded, it wouldn't run except for when I launched the 3mb internal executable, as the final step for me. Different workaround for each step, it seems. Or maybe the extra steps are needed.
Last edited by kryalot on Jul 26, 2024, 6:45:07 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info