3.21.2b Patch Notes

go look up "poe delete cache.

Or go post in support.

Shouldnt be 15 hours of shaders recompiling. Sounds like you just need to delete the old folders and that will fix everything
"
ziipher wrote:

Or go post in support.

Shouldnt be 15 hours of shaders recompiling. Sounds like you just need to delete the old folders and that will fix everything

Thanks i will try that. I will report if it solved the issue or not later.

This is still an accessibility problem, though, since it's stated nowhere that you have to do something manually or outside the game in oder to fix it. I expect the game to work properly without going and deleting folders. Don't put the blame for this on the users, please. The majority of people isn't tech savvy.
Last edited by Prosciutto on Jul 27, 2023, 5:15:37 AM
My main issue with people complaining in here is that they didnt take any steps to fix their issues.

I do understand that patches are meant to fix issues and majority of the time they do.

The problem is GGG doesnt have enough resources to be looking at every single individual case and right now, its really not affecting the huge majority of players. I am talking 98% no longer have issues.

If you go into game right now and post on global chat "hey i have game lag, what do i do", you will get several responses on why people are seeing lag.

People offer help, and ultimately, its on the player, not GGG to let them know they are having issues.

If they dont, how can GGG help if they do not know that a problem exists.

This latest update will definitely affect those players who have older graphics cards. I mean this was expected but they should still be able to play on the lower settings.

Simply put, i am not putting the blame on the users. What i am saying is users have to be more responsible with their own system. GGG WILL help if they know there is an issue. The game has an amazing team and the game has run flawlessly for years.

Try the poe delete cache method, just type it into google. you will find GGG and others explaining what to do.

Otherwise post a support ticket. There may be one already with troubleshooting steps. What i know for a fact is it is shaders affecting everyone. And that should be an easy fix.
"
ziipher wrote:
Not for nothing but the majority of players complaining in this thread have done ZERO research into what their issue actually is.

This is easily proven by people calling the problem "lag".

It is not lag, it is the shaders recompiling. Anyone who says "lag" is ignorant and did not listen to the people telling them in game what is happening.

Continue complaining, we are just going to ignore you.

Now if you still have issues, on an OLDER PC, again, your fault, not theirs, go place a ticket and see what GGG has to say.

Or, If you did a little research you would find out how to clear your clients shader cache and this should fix your issue.

Majority of players, id even say 98+% have no issues because they allowed the shaders to compile when getting in game.

Most of the complainers havent allowed that to finish or havent taken steps to fix their issue. They would rather jump in here and just cry. yes, I said cry.

Take a little responsibility for yourself and fix your issue, or post to technical support who will tell you to do what I just told you to do above.

This really is not that difficult...

The problem is a bit more complex than you think, there is so many factors in play, so many different hardware spec, operating systems and drivers versions, for example my problem is not with the shader anymore it's just the game acting weird with CPU calls and GPU usage are all over the place and not even in the game it happens on the title screen on all 3 renderers and the game is not even maxing my CPU usage. (sent them my report)
"
ziipher wrote:

Or go post in support.

I did all of this and I'm still having reduction and stutters that weren't there before.

I could be wrong, you could be wrong, but for the love of God, do not belittle people.
What is the value of my own life when it is taken from others so easily?
Last edited by Noble_Seiken on Jul 27, 2023, 6:03:40 AM
"Classic VSync, framerate will halve if dropping under monitor refresh rate"

Who's the f does this ??? Why this exist? So you either have 144fps or 72fps if u have 144hz monitor and u can't keep stable 144fps (which is absurd for this game) you are screwed. Only option for me now is to turn off vsync in nvidia driver and game itself.

If you have 60hz monitor and low/mid tier hardware it's even worse.

This is artificial bottlenecking.
Last edited by kory1979 on Jul 27, 2023, 6:35:33 AM
"
The problem is a bit more complex than you think, there is so many factors in play, so many different hardware spec, operating systems and drivers versions, for example my problem is not with the shader anymore it's just the game acting weird with CPU calls and GPU usage are all over the place and not even in the game it happens on the title screen on all 3 renderers and the game is not even maxing my CPU usage. (sent them my report)

The game isnt supposed to max your cpu usage any longer though as per the original patch notes the load has been moved to the gpu.

Going through the replies in the patch notes, my response was mainly to the people calling this issue "lag". And others saying that GGG is ignoring the majority of players who are having issues which is also not true.

I have respect for those that took the time to contact support and have them look over their issues. That is the right way to handle your situation.

There are many people who are playing the game off of a usb drive and expecting the shaders to compile in just a couple hours...

Going through all the comments is why I posted what I did. Lots of people posting without a clue on what their problem is 4 days after the patch which tells me they didnt submit a support ticket and are complaining because they are too lazy to do anything about it.

What fixed my issue was launch the game with the -dx11 -refresh parameter in steam. I also had deleted my poe cache folders. I have been playing the last 3 days with zero issues. I do not have a top of the line laptop either.

At this point it is a tiny % of people who are having issues and based on this thread many of them did not take steps towards fixing their problems.

Who's the f does this ??? Why this exist? So you either have 144fps or 72fps if u have 144hz monitor and u can't keep stable 144fps (which is absurd for this game) you are screwed. Only option for me now is to turn off vsync in nvidia driver and game itself and cap fps to 144 ingame.

Sry for the double post but can someone explain this?
Last edited by kory1979 on Jul 27, 2023, 6:40:34 AM
"
I did all of this and I'm still having reduction and stutters that weren't there before.

I could be wrong, you could be wrong, but for the love of God, do not belittle people.

I will always belittle those who take no responsibility towards helping themselves.

People should never take anything personal to heart. Thats a problem in todays society. I basically said people are being lazy in a long post.

I called out those who are calling this "lag". The game is not lagging for anyone.

First try this: -dx11 -refresh parameter in steam Do you know how to input this into your launch options?

Then there is deleting your poe cache folders, multiple folders. There are guides that pop up, top of page on google.

update to latest graphics driver?
Are you using geforce experience? should never use that and you should do a manual "clean" installation.

patch notes also added a triple buffering graphics option have you enabled this?

What GPU do you currently have?
"
kory1979 wrote:

Who's the f does this ??? Why this exist? So you either have 144fps or 72fps if u have 144hz monitor and u can't keep stable 144fps (which is absurd for this game) you are screwed. Only option for me now is to turn off vsync in nvidia driver and game itself and cap fps to 144 ingame.

Sry for the double post but can someone explain this?

Just use adaptive. press f1 in game. it will show your fps and other stats.

If your hardware is strong enough you should easily maintain your 144fps.

I play on a 5 year old laptop at 120fps on an external monitor attached to my laptop.

but yeah, no reason to use classic vsync

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info