3.21.2b Patch Notes

patch note porfavor!!!!
First post here - I followed that kind (and brilliant persons) post on reddit with clearing the shader cache / and allowing the game to rebuild it. so far so good - my game is noticeably better, even when getting the new shaders. I personally don't understand the systems at work - but that guy does. brilliant!
"
207Carrots wrote:
First post here - I followed that kind (and brilliant persons) post on reddit with clearing the shader cache / and allowing the game to rebuild it. so far so good - my game is noticeably better, even when getting the new shaders. I personally don't understand the systems at work - but that guy does. brilliant!

No one should ever need to go on a different website to fix the the mess GGG do with the grafixs of the game if it bugs YOUR computer.

THEY mess it up, THEY will fix it. period.
(Thats what our 1000's of $ of MTX purchases pays them to do)

i cant even play the game no more. everything blinks on my screen giving me massive headaches

none of the fixes works i dont even know why they posted patch notes.....

not playing this until an official fix is done.

also to anyone wondering, theres WAY better engines out there than POE2 and D4 that your old PCs can play on max. have nothing to do with this.

they simply did some coding errors and its obvious they dont know how to fix it yet.

POE2 comes out in 2...3 years (i would say 4 because its going to be pushed back over and over again) so why mess with our grafix settings now ....

Revert back !!!

test your stuff first before patching maybe ?
Last edited by h311raiser69 on Aug 10, 2023, 7:26:52 PM
"
h311raiser69 wrote:

Revert back !!!

just FYI incase you didn't realize it yet, the POE player community IS THE TEST and has been ever since the game came out. You are literally playing the game to generate data. Literally that's how bugs get found and reported and game balance numbers get done, go see the bug forum as that's what we players do. that's why league patches get made, they get a large sample size player test and then apply updates accordingly, easiest way to get free large sample size test data....they aren't gonna spend money on a large QA team when they can just push out new patch to the players and get instant feedback and data collection.

- why get a team of 50 ppl working as QA when you have 30,000 players all with individual specs at your disposal

- why develop a trade site when the users made their own trade site. (respect to poe.trade, RIP)
- why develop a tool to analyze your character/build when the users made their own (repsect to pob devs)
- why develop a filter system when filterblade created it, mad props to fitlerblade and neversink

I'm 100% sure there is already bunch of tickets backlogged about the graphics issue, and they are AWARE of it, THOUGH whether or not action is being taken is entirely another issue cause there's no feedback coming from them other than Kieren_GGG (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3406660)

Given that GGG mentioned Poe1 being run on a skeleton crew of 8 ppl, I'm not surprised. Though it is strange to keep such a bad patch in place, I suspect it's for testing/benchmarking and using league-end playerbase as the "guinea pigs".
Last edited by vietknight on Aug 10, 2023, 11:10:45 PM
"
vietknight wrote:
they aren't gonna spend money on a large QA team when they can just push out new patch to the players and get instant feedback and data collection.

- why get a team of 50 ppl working as QA when you have 30,000 players all with individual specs at your disposal
- why develop a trade site when the users made their own trade site. (respect to poe.trade, RIP)
- why develop a tool to analyze your character/build when the users made their own (repsect to pob devs)
- why develop a filter system when filterblade created it, mad props to fitlerblade and neversink

Please share with me the name of another company who did this but GGG did not. It seems you are stating this in a way that it is expected and a standard in the industry.
Last edited by genghisschwarzkhan on Aug 11, 2023, 1:58:28 AM
"
Please share with me the name of another company who did this but GGG did not. It seems you are stating this in a way that it is expected and a standard in the industry.

He's not talking about other companies. He's talking about GGG. I don't see how you assume that he's stating that it is an industry standard. Everything he said is 100% true.

I aswell stopped playing due to the patch. All we can do is wait.
Last edited by Hydra1975 on Aug 11, 2023, 3:20:08 AM
still can't join rogue harbour without game crash
"
vietknight wrote:
"
h311raiser69 wrote:

Revert back !!!

just FYI incase you didn't realize it yet, the POE player community IS THE TEST and has been ever since the game came out. You are literally playing the game to generate data. Literally that's how bugs get found and reported and game balance numbers get done, go see the bug forum as that's what we players do. that's why league patches get made, they get a large sample size player test and then apply updates accordingly, easiest way to get free large sample size test data....they aren't gonna spend money on a large QA team when they can just push out new patch to the players and get instant feedback and data collection.

I'm 100% sure there is already bunch of tickets backlogged about the graphics issue, and they are AWARE of it, THOUGH whether or not action is being taken is entirely another issue cause there's no feedback coming from them other than Kieren_GGG (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3406660)

Given that GGG mentioned Poe1 being run on a skeleton crew of 8 ppl, I'm not surprised. Though it is strange to keep such a bad patch in place, I suspect it's for testing/benchmarking and using league-end playerbase as the "guinea pigs".

don't forget the challenges that every league look more and more like a bug tester to do list
A picture is worth a thousand words, that's how they care:

I bet server uptime costs some money in this free game.
"End of March makes 3 months and 21 days which is almost 4 months and not 3 1/2, get your math right hoho."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info