3.21.2b Patch Notes

ok... i think i found something... not sure if it's already known or not since i didn't read all the comments here... lol...

here's what i found... if you're using a laptop with both integrated and nvidia gpu then you can try this... i've highlighted the 3 most important options that can affect the game...

i don't know how to add picture in this post so i've posted the picture on reddit... :-/

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/15jjmc1/poe_nvidia_settings_for_laptop_that_have_both/

First of all set the rendering gpu to nvidia... don't use auto...

The second one is the most important one... turn the compute performance OFF or the game will just crash after you select your char when loading....

The third one is for the shader cache... set it to unlimited... the game will have a problem if it doesn't have enough space for the shader cache... and if you only see the option for On/Off in the drop down then you have to update your nvidia driver to the latest version...

that's all... hope this will fix the problems for you...
nice
Game is unplayable for my 6 year old machine atm, I was looking forward to next league, can we get a playable version of PoE for older machines again?

Edit: okay found the problem, one of my ram sticks was dusty and I had 4GB/8GB useable... it probably got dusty when I blew the dust off the case last weekend... I guess the CPU had to compensate for the low RAM.
Last edited by DeLJaDe on Aug 6, 2023, 6:21:15 AM
i deleted the shader cache folder in appdata/roaming/path of exile and it solved 90% of my perfomance issues that were introduced in this patch. maybe this will help someone
"
i deleted the shader cache folder in appdata/roaming/path of exile and it solved 90% of my perfomance issues that were introduced in this patch. maybe this will help someone

big help but i go more i delete all shope image and minimap and shaders i just didnt take engine file help alot atlest with loading and cpu usage
I don't know what's going on but since the patch on day 4 I have a lot of fps lag
Now, POE is playable. I've done two things in "Graphics Settings":

1) Disabled "Engine Multithreading".
2) "Shadows + GI Quality" changed to HIGH.
"
Pashid wrote:

"
and I don't know how can you even compare 1080p vs 2k on 27"

Cause there's barely any big difference between a 1080p and a 1440p on 27" as both cover the pixel density just fine without any quality lose. Going above 27" for a 1080p is going to turn most graphics pretty ugly as all the pixel simply get stretched out. a 1440p 27" is not bad but you would feel a much higher difference with a 32" cause 1440p on a 27" gives you just a few more pixel per inch compared to 1080p

did you see 1080p vs 1440p on a 2k native 27"?
Last edited by AintCare on Aug 6, 2023, 7:53:13 PM
"
AintCare wrote:

did you see 1080p vs 1440p on a 2k native 27"?

Yes and I couldn't feel much of a big difference and went for a 32" 1440p instead to actually feel a large improvement tbh.
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
"
Pashid wrote:

Yes and I couldn't feel much of a big difference and went for a 32" 1440p instead to actually feel a large improvement tbh.

much of a big.... ok well to me is non-negligible if we going to go this route... where 140hz->60Hz is negligible, I would even argue that down to 30Hz is negligible. Running the screen at its native resolution is recommended by almost anyone, so this is a very weird take here.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info