3.21.2b Patch Notes

Completely destroyed the performance... Game is unplayable now.
Hopefully this will be fixed with the new league otherwise rip.
GGG just throws in new difficulty factors: "slowness" and "instants death" :)

I guess just take a rest until next league
i Can't play the game after the last patch. huge fps drops in maps. fix it please.
Spoiler
"
AintCare wrote:
"
sham_pain wrote:
Didn't play for 2 months but wanted to check the new engine and I have no idea what people are on about. It runs pretty much the same for me.

got a rtx 3080, and even before the update I didn't put graphic settings at max, because with a lot going on in a map, I didn't want my GPU temp to be at 80°C and max power consumption the whole time.
Also, with how much clutter there is in PoE 1, I don't really notice a difference in quality between max settings and medium other than texture settings which I keep at high.

anyways, running at 120fps (capped to monitor settings) in most scenarios just like before

-1080p, windowed fullscreen, vsync off, 120 fps cap, dx12
- AA off, GI on, shadows + GI low, sun shadow high, number of lights medium, water & texture high, filtering 2x
-dynamic culling & resolution off

damn, what monitor size do you have? 1080p is super low, i can manage 1440p with gtx970 again, mind you not at your fps, but i dont see a diff in fps till <30 so.... maybe i'm just too old to see it, but I can 100% tell if its 1080p vs 1440p lol

unfortunately my monitor only supports 1080p but I do find it sufficient for now, but yeah I believe you that once you go 1440p, you will see the difference clearly, kinda like going from 60Hz to 120 or 144. A better monitor is definitely next on my upgrade list.
"
sham_pain wrote:

unfortunately my monitor only supports 1080p but I do find it sufficient for now, but yeah I believe you that once you go 1440p, you will see the difference clearly, kinda like going from 60Hz to 120 or 144. A better monitor is definitely next on my upgrade list.

1080p with a great refresh rate (and actually fps ingame) is still 100 times better than sitting on 1440p and just 60-30 like the other guy tbh who tries to run 1440p on a 1080p gpu.

If anything even 720p 144 or more fps would feel much better than 1440p with lousy 60fps
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
Last edited by Pashid on Aug 5, 2023, 9:07:11 PM
"
Pashid wrote:
"
sham_pain wrote:

1080p with a great refresh rate (and actually fps ingame) is still 100 times better than sitting on 1440p and just 60-30 like the other guy tbh who tries to run 1440p on a 1080p gpu.

If anything even 720p 144 or more fps would feel much better than 1440p with lousy 60fps

the other guy has a 27" display. try 1080p on 27" and report back lel

Edit: the display is actually 144Hz ready, but after testing 60fps vs 140+ i see absolutely no diff.... even in games where screen tear is somewhat of an issue like War thunder... I just don't get it, don't see the diff
Last edited by AintCare on Aug 5, 2023, 9:55:58 PM
"
AintCare wrote:

Edit: the display is actually 144Hz ready, but after testing 60fps vs 140+ i see absolutely no diff.... even in games where screen tear is somewhat of an issue like War thunder... I just don't get it, don't see the diff

Something's wrong with your eyes than cause you can see a clear difference in animations between 60 fps and more since 60fps skips a lot more animation frames than 140 for example.

Spoiler
just a random side by side video which might even show you the difference. Yes it's not PoE but the difference applies to every game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9prm5ZB_KZg

"
try 1080p on 27" and report back lel

That works actually more than just fine with the modern technology, just google and you find a tons of 27" 1080p with great refresh rate. Larger surface doesn't mean that it's a higher res right away
Last edited by Pashid on Aug 5, 2023, 10:20:45 PM
Unfortunately now I can't play on my pc. Fortunately they broke the game on my pc before I bought the core supporter pack.
"
Pashid wrote:
"
AintCare wrote:

Something's wrong with your eyes than cause you can see a clear difference in animations between 60 fps and more since 60fps skips a lot more animation frames than 140 for example.

Spoiler
just a random side by side video which might even show you the difference. Yes it's not PoE but the difference applies to every game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9prm5ZB_KZg

"
try 1080p on 27" and report back lel

That works actually more than just fine with the modern technology, just google and you find a tons of 27" 1080p with great refresh rate. Larger surface doesn't mean that it's a higher res right away

well considering in poe I hardly see the animations of monsters due to clutter, the minute diff in smoothness are somewhat lost, and by minute I mean it, liek the video you posted needed to be in slo-mo to even see it.... In more active games like War-thunder/Chivalry etc I get too much of tunnel vision to see those things, there is way too much action, I honestly thought it was just about screen tear...

and I don't know how can you even compare 1080p vs 2k on 27"... the way it looked on my side for those few days I was forced to run it at lower res was terrible. Like this I cant look passed. If I had smaller monitor this wouldn't be an issue 100%
Last edited by AintCare on Aug 5, 2023, 11:52:10 PM
"
AintCare wrote:

well considering in poe I hardly see the animations of monsters due to clutter, the minute diff in smoothness are somewhat lost, and by minute I mean it, liek the video you posted needed to be in slo-mo to even see it.... In more active games like War-thunder/Chivalry etc I get too much of tunnel vision to see those things, there is way too much action, I honestly thought it was just about screen tear...

Well in both cases you have still much smoother and less laggy gameplay.
Even if you don't look at animations directly you feel a difference in screen transactions, camera movement. That's also one of the reasons why most esport players play their game on a extra high refresh rate (240 or even higher) cause you feel the difference and get to react to something much faster.

"
and I don't know how can you even compare 1080p vs 2k on 27"

Cause there's barely any big difference between a 1080p and a 1440p on 27" as both cover the pixel density just fine without any quality lose. Going above 27" for a 1080p is going to turn most graphics pretty ugly as all the pixel simply get stretched out. a 1440p 27" is not bad but you would feel a much higher difference with a 32" cause 1440p on a 27" gives you just a few more pixel per inch compared to 1080p

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info