[3.25] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

gotta have to say: i kinda zerged the last acts of the campaign. im not sure if they changed something since i last played poe, but built feels a lot less tanky than prior leagues during leveling.

have to see how it goes in maps now.
"
Gottwurm wrote:
gotta have to say: i kinda zerged the last acts of the campaign. im not sure if they changed something since i last played poe, but built feels a lot less tanky than prior leagues during leveling.

I usually don't switch to CI until I've got a 8-10C body armour myself. Apart from the sewers and that one chaos damage boss, there isn't much chas damage going around and you usually double your EHP that way.

With that said, this league doesn't have a lot of borrowed power during campaign (when compared to Affliction or Crucible, for example), so that might make it more difficult before maps.
"
WinterHiko wrote:
"
Gottwurm wrote:

I usually don't switch to CI until I've got a 8-10C body armour myself. Apart from the sewers and that one chaos damage boss, there isn't much chas damage going around and you usually double your EHP that way.

With that said, this league doesn't have a lot of borrowed power during campaign (when compared to Affliction or Crucible, for example), so that might make it more difficult before maps.

It feels like some of the mobs from the league mechanic with the ore come further buffed than usual. In particular, the Bismuth ore empowers all other mobs in the area/map so that adds up.

Encountering Ritual in the Northern Forest in Act 2, both my husband and I got killed twice (thankfully not at the same time) while partaking in it. Now, we did not play Affliction so we had no prior knowledge to how these mobs work and it has been said that they - for that particular content - have been replaced with Wildwood mobs exclusively, with some abilities hitting like truck as opposed to how they used to be.

I have mentioned it to him that it feels they've somewhat buffed the campaign mobs a little. It is not insurmountable, especially when swapping to self-cast WI, then Cyclone...but beforehand, I do Icicle Mines...and it doesn't feel great. We are currently on the tail end of Act 6, so I have no idea beyond that so far. I am 1 point away from swapping to CI, and I won't lie; can't wait not to have to care about chaos degen or life flasks anymore.

Anyone else has an early leveling setup other than Stormblast/Icicle Mines that does not take many, if any, regrets to swap to WI? I ask because my husband has this weird fixation on our level differences, and he gets a bit...frustrated...when I get like 2 or 3 ahead of him (prior to maps only), therefore I was thinking of starting another Trickster to level on the side solo just to scratch my PoE itch and sharing my gear between them until my main and his finish the campaign (at the rate we're going, might only happen Thursday or Friday, what with the kids' activities and needing to AFK when they need something).
Ritual is apparently much more difficult this league, though I have not tried it myself.

As for early leveling, I always suggest cold dot : Frost Bomb + Creeping Frost + Cold Snap. Follow the usual pathing and add the second cold damage wheel. Requires 4-5 respec points and works like a charm until you get staves.
"
WinterHiko wrote:
Ritual is apparently much more difficult this league, though I have not tried it myself.

As for early leveling, I always suggest cold dot : Frost Bomb + Creeping Frost + Cold Snap. Follow the usual pathing and add the second cold damage wheel. Requires 4-5 respec points and works like a charm until you get staves.

Gems and links?

And second cold wheel?

Sorry, mind is a bit of a jumbled mess at the moment with twins home with the flu instead of at school.
"
Bellaluna1722 wrote:
"
WinterHiko wrote:

Gems and links?

And second cold wheel?

Sorry, mind is a bit of a jumbled mess at the moment with twins home with the flu instead of at school.

Mostly, you rotate through this :

Frost Bomb (applies exposure)
Cold Snap with Bonechill
Creeping Frost
Vortex
Frostbite

Add in Purity of Elements/Determination/Clarity. Use support gems that enhance damage when they become available. Cold Snap has good initial damage to clear trash mobs and you rotate through everythign on bosses.

As for second wheel, I'm talking about the cold mastery at the top. In the leveling PoB, we take the outer wheel for straight cold damage. The inner wheel has Cold DoT multiplier and a bunch of extra cold damage for four points.
Last edited by WinterHiko on Jul 29, 2024, 5:45:53 PM
Hello, decided to start this build as starter, a bit rough start but became much better later. 1 question regarding new base chest armour (Necrotic Armour) If having +343 evasion, 74 es and 100% evasion and es as prefixes with 20% quality it gives 2794 evasion and 571 ES, not counting trickster passives, which is big ES number but it req 173 dex which is realy hard to keep w\o Astramentis. So is it somehow possible to run this armour w\o Astramentis or just switch to lower base armour? My current dex is 193.
Last edited by MaxdamagePoE on Jul 30, 2024, 5:13:40 AM
"
MaxdamagePoE wrote:
Hello, decided to start this build as starter, a bit rough start but became much better later. 1 question regarding new base chest armour (Necrotic Armour) If having +343 evasion, 74 es and 100% evasion and es as prefixes with 20% quality it gives 2794 evasion and 571 ES, not counting trickster passives, which is big ES number but it req 173 dex which is realy hard to keep w\o Astramentis. So is it somehow possible to run this armour w\o Astramentis or just switch to lower base armour? My current dex is 193.

It may be possible to craft something like this in this league. This was from the Kalandra league.

Your profile is set to private. You need to set it to public so we can take a look at your character, or post a PoB link so we can import it.[/quote]
Open[/quote]

Unfortunately it still shows up as private.[/quote]

Open it and press 2 checkboxes)
I started to experience a lack of mana on the staff for Bosing, tell me how to fix this. The profile is open. On the amulet -6 mana skills and on the ring 5% less. Mana just flies away. For cards on fihr grab.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info