[3.25] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
Graiaule wrote:
Every league GGG messes with the design of the maps for the campaign. Normally I catch on quickly and compensate. But this time on the Ledge... WTF.

Found the extra area with the Faun and its minions?

My husband and I were like, WTF...died twice.
"
Bellaluna1722 wrote:
"
Graiaule wrote:
Every league GGG messes with the design of the maps for the campaign. Normally I catch on quickly and compensate. But this time on the Ledge... WTF.

Found the extra area with the Faun and its minions?

My husband and I were like, WTF...died twice.

No, that's the Climb! The Faun was always there. If you remember, it was the guardian of the prophet!
According to the wiki:

The Faun was moved from The Climb to The Ledge.
"
vbvan wrote:
According to the wiki:

The Faun was moved from The Climb to The Ledge.

So that would explain the more complex Ledge layout.
Would Wicked Ward be worth specing into?
Something dies often. I used to play for a while, it was really tanky, I closed 3 labs. Everything is according to the guide. I don't know, they buffed the mobs, I had fun when I switched from Frost Blade to this build, now I don't understand at all, only one-shots. 4k EC tier 2 one-shots 75+, I think it's the game itself.
Question about the socket links for the weapon that the guide describes - it says under Sockets and Links and then Weapon for map clearing to go for

"
For map clearing: Cyclone - CwC lv 15, Inspiration, Power Charge on Critical, Increased Critical Damage (5S), Energy Leech (6S).

But under PoB Leveling trees in the second post it says about the Cyclone setup:

"
Cycloning setup (lv 38+):
Cyclone - Cast while Channelling, Inspiration, Concentrated Effect, Power Charge on Critical (5S). Cyclone needs to be linked with CwC.

Where it has quite some differences with the other setup.

Regarding the bossing setup, under Sockets and Links it says that for single targets you should use:

"
Intensify, Inspiration, Power Charge on Critical, Concentrated Effect, Increased Critical Damage (5S), Cold Penetration (6S). No links required.

While under PoB Leveling trees it describes the boss setup as:

"
Inspiration, Intensify, Concentrated Effect, Power Charge on Critical, Cold Penetration (5S).

Which also has some differences from each other.

I'm assuming these differences come from the build existing already for a long time and that more experienced players can easily see what the correct version should be, but as it's been a long time since I played PoE, could someone tell me what the correct setups should be?

Thank you!
Did I understand correctly that (taken from PoB Leveling trees)

"
CWDT lv 1 - Frostbite lv 5 - Frost Bomb lv 1

is a useful skill to have, but that you want to switch that one for (taken from Sockets and Links -> Gloves, boots, helmet)

"
3L: CWDT - Immortal Call lv 6 - More Duration

as soon as you can buy Immortal Call in Act 6?

And I'm assuming that the Cold Snap (taken from PoB Leveling trees) here

"
CWDT lv 1 - Cold Snap - Bonechill

should remain also lvl 1 like the one mentioned in Sockets and Links -> Gloves, boots, helmet?

"
4L: CWDT lv 1 - Cold Snap lv 1 - Bonechill - Unbound Ailments
@Anhyvar
Socket and Links describes the end game set-up. There are differences in the leveling trees because the gear and gems available are gradually changing in the course of the game. As you noticed we may start with 5S weapon with any +% Increased Int at level 38 and change with 6S +18% Increased Int when possible. I even played with 4S. Not too easy, but doable.
ColdSnap remains level 1 as in the final set-up which is CWDT lv 1 - Cold Snap lv 1 - Bonechill - Unbound Ailments, but you may add quality to it. All the final levels and quality for gems are in the Gems section.
Last edited by Mumuzet on Jul 28, 2024, 7:34:00 AM
One thing that’s not in the guide: in the final setup, once you have Enlighten and culling strike from Ambush and Assassinate, you’ll want to put Frostblink in the chest (ideally 6-linked so that it curses too).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info