[3.25] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
AHDPE9IH wrote:
Something dies often. I used to play for a while, it was really tanky, I closed 3 labs. Everything is according to the guide. I don't know, they buffed the mobs, I had fun when I switched from Frost Blade to this build, now I don't understand at all, only one-shots. 4k EC tier 2 one-shots 75+, I think it's the game itself.

Your profile is set to private. You need to set it to public so we can take a look at your character, or post a PoB link so we can import it.
"
Mumuzet wrote:
@Anhyvar
Socket and Links describes the end game set-up. There are differences in the leveling trees because the gear and gems available are gradually changing in the course of the game. As you noticed we may start with 5S weapon with any +% Increased Int at level 38 and change with 6S +18% Increased Int when possible. I even played with 4S. Not too easy, but doable.
ColdSnap remains level 1 as in the final set-up which is CWDT lv 1 - Cold Snap lv 1 - Bonechill - Unbound Ailments, but you may add quality to it. All the final levels and quality for gems are in the Gems section.

I think that my problem then is that I don't know when I switch from one setup to the next. Currently I'm level 42 in Act 4, with 1/3rd of the 'Lv 54-58: Switch to CI' nodes, and with a 4-link Whispering Ice. Do I then choose for the fourth socket for map clearing Power Charge on Critical from Sockets and Links or Concentrated Effect from PoB Leveling trees?
"
Anhyvar wrote:
"
Mumuzet wrote:
@Anhyvar
Socket and Links describes the end game set-up. There are differences in the leveling trees because the gear and gems available are gradually changing in the course of the game. As you noticed we may start with 5S weapon with any +% Increased Int at level 38 and change with 6S +18% Increased Int when possible. I even played with 4S. Not too easy, but doable.
ColdSnap remains level 1 as in the final set-up which is CWDT lv 1 - Cold Snap lv 1 - Bonechill - Unbound Ailments, but you may add quality to it. All the final levels and quality for gems are in the Gems section.

I think that my problem then is that I don't know when I switch from one setup to the next. Currently I'm level 42 in Act 4, with 1/3rd of the 'Lv 54-58: Switch to CI' nodes, and with a 4-link Whispering Ice. Do I then choose for the fourth socket for map clearing Power Charge on Critical from Sockets and Links or Concentrated Effect from PoB Leveling trees?

At that level, you haven't picked any +max power charges, or any crit nodes. You're probably better off with Concentrated Effect.
If you're starting late like me: Astramentis is currently extremely expensive, probably due to being featured in some meta build. Instead of buying one for 3 div you can get a better rare or mirrored amulet with tons of stats for 3c.
What is the main advantage of using Cold Snap instead of Vortex?
"
vbvan wrote:
What is the main advantage of using Cold Snap instead of Vortex?

Vortex isn't instant cast anymore, so it interrupts Cyclone. Being able to cast it when passing on enemies was the main draw.

On a CWDT link, Cold Snap spawns under enemies instead of you and generates Frenzy charges when enemies die on it. I believe it also has a better radius, though I'm not completely certain on that last one.
"
evouga wrote:
If you're starting late like me: Astramentis is currently extremely expensive, probably due to being featured in some meta build. Instead of buying one for 3 div you can get a better rare or mirrored amulet with tons of stats for 3c.

holy crap since when is Astramentis that much!? wasnt it like a 1c item last league?
"
evouga wrote:

Astramentis is always expensive in the first week of the league. I have never seen it being super affordable, so I either look for the Polymath cards, or wait and use what I can afford first.

Plus, with the reflective mists being brought back, such an amulet might be better anyway.

For example, The Stampede boots have lowered by 30 chaos from yesterday, so things will go down. I'm on the tail end of act 6 right now and will soon transition to CI, but taking my time (my husband and I have 5 kids, aged between 7 [twins] and 2 generally take between 3 to 6 days to get to maps due to that).

I know being slow has its drawbacks but I'll never be able to get to maps day 1 and halfway through atlas. It is what it is.

The one upside is seeing some items become more affordable between days 2-5.
"
WinterHiko wrote:
"
AHDPE9IH wrote:
Something dies often. I used to play for a while, it was really tanky, I closed 3 labs. Everything is according to the guide. I don't know, they buffed the mobs, I had fun when I switched from Frost Blade to this build, now I don't understand at all, only one-shots. 4k EC tier 2 one-shots 75+, I think it's the game itself.

Your profile is set to private. You need to set it to public so we can take a look at your character, or post a PoB link so we can import it.

Open
"
AHDPE9IH wrote:
"
WinterHiko wrote:
"
AHDPE9IH wrote:

Open

Unfortunately it still shows up as private.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info