3.23 EXPLOSIVE ARROW BALLISTA ELEMENTALIST - League-Start to End-Game. Easy mode.

fatzke_steiner

Why you havent used eldrich orbs (the blue and red ones) to put 2 extra implict stats on your gloves?
Look at gloves on page 304 for example, extra attckspeed.
You can do this on any rare gloves, boots and helm.
Boots can get faster ignites, that boosts your damage.
"
Asinoeh wrote:
My current PoB is https://pobb.in/QjD833XPn2Js, and I am sitting at 19M Uber Pinnacle DPS, so not really complaining. Still I'd appreciate your thoughts on where to go next.

If you got free choice on the base, which one would you pick? Marble, Citrine, something else?

- Not DPS relevant, but since my boots have fractured move speed it seems tempting to eldritch craft better prefixes for more life.

- I have been pondering to go for Impossible Escape and in turn get rid of the passive tree to the right of Elemental Equilibrium, but I'd lose 12% move speed that way. The rest can probably be compensated.

1) Regarding the ammy : it may depend on your stat requirements, your current amulet is a citrine one and losing the dex/str might be problematic.
Now if your stats are fine, i personally would go for marble amulet if i were given the choice. Life recovery is real nice especially since we're using lifetap.
I didnt go for it, had to get stats on mine.

2) Your boots seem fine to me, and your hp too. I could see other potential reasons to want to recraft them depending on changes on your tree/items (like if you come to need spell suppression on them), but definitely not for a few hp.

3) I think the tree could be improved a bit, now it's your tree and your decisions, so if you want more ms there, just keep it ^^
If you like ms that much, you could also use devoto for mapping instead of your helmet, and maybe get another quicksilver flask to get 12/14 more ms.

I think the whole flask setup could be enhanced tbh, you could get some more damge in this department : atziri's promise, cinderswallow urn...)

A good watcher's eye could also help you with damage and/or defensive stats. Great ones might be a bit expensive at this point in the league though.

Great bow by the way. Currently reworking my main one to get 3 nice implicits and then go for the bit more expensive craft that you did.

Edit : Also in the movespeed/tree department : i use an impossible escape jewel with precise technique to get several nodes, one if them granting things such as 10% ms while phasing. You may wanna try that, there's damage, defences and ms available with that jewel.
EAb crafts info : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-post/25179328
Last edited by Headtourist on Jul 13, 2023, 1:29:16 PM
"

Any Recommendations for the next Step?

Got about 5D and i would like to do Maven, but cant finish Cortex. (Ouch That was an expensive Lesson)

Thanks for all the Posts before, and the nice Guide !!!

Some directions :

-> Ignite proliferation as an implicit on gloves with so you can swap out ignite proliferation for empower 4 or awakened elemental damage with attacks 5.

-> cluster jewel setup/tree rework

-> i see your quiver has +1 arrow. If it's your only +1 arrow there's an issue there cause the arrows don't go straight to the target (there's one on the left and one on the right). You may not notice it on packs but on single target this may hurt you a lot.

-> more attack speed. You currently reach something like 12 fuses, if you reached 20 you would literally DOUBLE your dps. That means attack speed on gloves, on quiver, maybe on jewel(s), maybe on a flask...

Yeah i think you should try to make a better quiver. I think we talked about these recently, there should be some links or craft methods in the previous pages.

Then there's using malevolence. This will go with the cluster jewels setup and probably an upgrade of the enlighten gem to level 4). Consider that aura once you get the according cluster (check our characters if needed)
Last edited by Headtourist on Jul 13, 2023, 1:48:17 PM
Thx a lot. I just thougt about switching the ignite proliferation gem with the implicit on the gloves.
But with the fuses i calculated 1,96 Attacks * 0,95 hitchance * 6 Totem * 2 Arrows = 22 Fuses. Aint right? I swapped some Attack Speed Gear for Damage over time multiplier cause i thought its easier that way. The thing with 2 Arrows makes sense, should have recognized it earlier :/ Maybe ill try rain of splinters...? Saw some Characters on Poeninja using multiple Projectiles and i thougt its a smart way to get up the fuses and save space for over time dmg....

Anyway ill try all that. Thx again.
"
Ronacek wrote:
Hi, my PoB is https://pobb.in/_FEjRVpUCsEK

and i would love to ask for help, where should i go next? have around 8D (so maybe enlighten lv4 and malevolence?) but im still dying in some maps and bosses like maven are big no no for me.

Thanks for any advice.

Hello. I'm gonna try to point out some things and give you directions.

Items :

- I think you should remove the last node of the tree (shatter enemies as though frozen) cause it may prevent ignite proliferation.

- WARNING : Your gloves are lowering your damage ! You can't have any added fire damage anywhere, it breaks Elemental Equilibrium.
Find other gloves with attack speed/spell suppression etc, and add exarch/eater implicits to them. You want ignite proliferation implicit on the gloves.

- WARNING : Your second ring also has added fire damage ! Same as the gloves, gotta remove it. You could use a taming ring there, it's cheap and effective.

- You may want to upgrade your flasks at some point. Cinderswallow urn (take one that grants %hp when ignited enemies die) and atziri's promise (8% elemental as extra chaos damage) will grant a great boost to your damage when active.
Take a look at some Elementalist EA ballista builds to see the kind of flasks we use.

- Long term you really want to upgrade your bow. I suggest you try to make a crucible tree on another thicket bow. This can be very long and expensive to do depending on your luck and what you wanna achieve.
You will be looking for :
* +1 to bow/dexterity gems (1st node)
* +32 to fire damage over time multi (3rd node)
* lifetap (4th node)
The second node, even getting a few % attack speed would be great already. Try to get the threee other nodes, will already be great. When you are there and have some currency, there are tutorials for making a decent bow (we even have several ways of doing it)
With this kind of bow you're looking at 30-35% more damage compared to yours, that's a lot.

Tree :

You can try to level a bit more by yourself. If you fix the "warning" points i pointed out earlier you should be more consistent killing things and xp'ing.
When you have a few div that you can spare, you can then go into some 5 ways to level to 100 for extra tree points.
The tree otherwise seems fine, although you could get a better cluster setup (your large cluster has 11 nodes, could be less (8) and a medium cluster to add to the build, (again, check our setups, in case).

Skills :

You dont need the ignite proliferation gem (you can get the implicit on gloves, remember). So there's some upgrade to make here, probably awakened deadly ailments. When you'll upgrade your bow for one with lifetap on crucible tree, you'll use empower instead of lifetap on your ea gem setup.

Aura setup : You'll want malevolence to boost your damage. Maybe when you have enlighten 4, a reservation jewel with malevolence explicit and if you level down precision a bit.

I see immortal call + molten shell in your build. They share the same cooldowns since they are guard skills. Pick one but dont play both.

Note : Unless i'm mistaken i haven't seen flammability anywhere be on a ring or on a gem setup. You want flammability (preferably on a gem setup), especially considering your helmet boosts it.
WARNING : Use flammability for a LOT more damage.

I think you already got work to do at this point so i'll stop there. No point talking about dozens of div worth amulets, watcher's etc ^^

GL !

"
Thx a lot. I just thougt about switching the ignite proliferation gem with the implicit on the gloves.
But with the fuses i calculated 1,96 Attacks * 0,95 hitchance * 6 Totem * 2 Arrows = 22 Fuses. Aint right? I swapped some Attack Speed Gear for Damage over time multiplier cause i thought its easier that way. The thing with 2 Arrows makes sense, should have recognized it earlier :/ Maybe ill try rain of splinters...? Saw some Characters on Poeninja using multiple Projectiles and i thougt its a smart way to get up the fuses and save space for over time dmg....

Anyway ill try all that. Thx again.

About fuses calculations, don't bother trying to calculate yourself.
POB has the option under explosive arrow to show the damage at "maximum sustainable fuses", that's the reference for your damage (and you can compare this value to the manually set number of fuses to see how many fuses you have.
I'm not sure i'm being clear, just look at the "main skill section" on the left of pob.

Ok i didnt read what was next : ok so you calculated counting 2 arrows. You can't, because they are actually fired at different directions. You have half that (never consider number of arrows).

Rain of splinters can make it easier to clean some content ("faster clear of packs of monsters") but it has a great cost on your damage. Don't use it unless you are more than capped against regular content, and dont use it against bosses. I tried to use it at some point and bought one just to see, but it didnt look very useful to me. Ignite proliferation on gloves is more than enough to deal with packs.

"
Headtourist wrote:
"
Ronacek wrote:
Hi, my PoB is https://pobb.in/_FEjRVpUCsEK

and i would love to ask for help, where should i go next? have around 8D (so maybe enlighten lv4 and malevolence?) but im still dying in some maps and bosses like maven are big no no for me.

Thanks for any advice.

Hello. I'm gonna try to point out some things and give you directions.

Items :

- I think you should remove the last node of the tree (shatter enemies as though frozen) cause it may prevent ignite proliferation.

- WARNING : Your gloves are lowering your damage ! You can't have any added fire damage anywhere, it breaks Elemental Equilibrium.
Find other gloves with attack speed/spell suppression etc, and add exarch/eater implicits to them. You want ignite proliferation implicit on the gloves.

- WARNING : Your second ring also has added fire damage ! Same as the gloves, gotta remove it. You could use a taming ring there, it's cheap and effective.

- You may want to upgrade your flasks at some point. Cinderswallow urn (take one that grants %hp when ignited enemies die) and atziri's promise (8% elemental as extra chaos damage) will grant a great boost to your damage when active.
Take a look at some Elementalist EA ballista builds to see the kind of flasks we use.

- Long term you really want to upgrade your bow. I suggest you try to make a crucible tree on another thicket bow. This can be very long and expensive to do depending on your luck and what you wanna achieve.
You will be looking for :
* +1 to bow/dexterity gems (1st node)
* +32 to fire damage over time multi (3rd node)
* lifetap (4th node)
The second node, even getting a few % attack speed would be great already. Try to get the threee other nodes, will already be great. When you are there and have some currency, there are tutorials for making a decent bow (we even have several ways of doing it)
With this kind of bow you're looking at 30-35% more damage compared to yours, that's a lot.

Tree :

You can try to level a bit more by yourself. If you fix the "warning" points i pointed out earlier you should be more consistent killing things and xp'ing.
When you have a few div that you can spare, you can then go into some 5 ways to level to 100 for extra tree points.
The tree otherwise seems fine, although you could get a better cluster setup (your large cluster has 11 nodes, could be less (8) and a medium cluster to add to the build, (again, check our setups, in case).

Skills :

You dont need the ignite proliferation gem (you can get the implicit on gloves, remember). So there's some upgrade to make here, probably awakened deadly ailments. When you'll upgrade your bow for one with lifetap on crucible tree, you'll use empower instead of lifetap on your ea gem setup.

Aura setup : You'll want malevolence to boost your damage. Maybe when you have enlighten 4, a reservation jewel with malevolence explicit and if you level down precision a bit.

I see immortal call + molten shell in your build. They share the same cooldowns since they are guard skills. Pick one but dont play both.

Note : Unless i'm mistaken i haven't seen flammability anywhere be on a ring or on a gem setup. You want flammability (preferably on a gem setup), especially considering your helmet boosts it.
WARNING : Use flammability for a LOT more damage.

I think you already got work to do at this point so i'll stop there. No point talking about dozens of div worth amulets, watcher's etc ^^

GL !

thank you very much. played EA ballista my last league and knew that fire damage with attacks would break it, but i could not find it in this guide, so i thought they found a way around.

Will try to do your points one by one. Some of them are already done.
https://pobb.in/8gHYoiH0CL7w
Have a great day.
Last edited by Ronacek on Jul 14, 2023, 4:52:06 AM
"
Headtourist wrote:

1) Regarding the ammy : it may depend on your stat requirements, your current amulet is a citrine one and losing the dex/str might be problematic.
Now if your stats are fine, i personally would go for marble amulet if i were given the choice. Life recovery is real nice especially since we're using lifetap.
I didnt go for it, had to get stats on mine.

It is a bit of a tossup between Citrine and Marble. Lethal Pride, Hyrri's and the 20 dex on my bow should keep my requirements covered, in theory, but that locks me into those. I found a Citrine one with fractured +1 to all skills for 20div on the market so that is what I am working on now. Beats having to fracture that Marble amulet myself.

"
Headtourist wrote:

2) Your boots seem fine to me, and your hp too. I could see other potential reasons to want to recraft them depending on changes on your tree/items (like if you come to need spell suppression on them), but definitely not for a few hp.

I was only talking about eldritch crafting, i.e. toss a Grand Eldritch Ember on it, and then some Eldritch Chaos Orbs. I do not want to touch the suffixes, those are great. The prefixes, though, are not (besides the fractured move speed).

"
Headtourist wrote:

3) I think the tree could be improved a bit, now it's your tree and your decisions, so if you want more ms there, just keep it ^^

What would you change? If I remove the points to the right of Elemental Equilibrium, I need to go for Impossible Escape and Magebane, leaving me with only 3 extra skill points (and down on a bit of dps since I had to give up a jewel slot and Farsight can't fully compensate that).

"
Headtourist wrote:

and maybe get another quicksilver flask to get 12/14 more ms.

I have one like that in my stash, to swap in if the mood strikes me. I do prefer reduced charge use to gaining charges when hit, though. Who wants to be hit? :)

"
Headtourist wrote:
A good watcher's eye could also help you with damage and/or defensive stats. Great ones might be a bit expensive at this point in the league though.

What mods am I looking for? Faster DoT on Malevolence and Attack Speed from Precision like yours? That combination is hardly any dps improvement to a good regular jewel (with life, dot, burning damage and fire damage).

"
Headtourist wrote:

Great bow by the way. Currently reworking my main one to get 3 nice implicits and then go for the bit more expensive craft that you did.

How would you work on those implicits?

I'd love to get +1 to socketed support gems on mine instead of the dexterity, but that would cost a major fortune in Vivid Vultures and Craicic Chimerals. I was lucky to get my synthesized base as it is now for 6div on the market (was only looking for attack speed at the time :)).
Last edited by Asinoeh on Jul 14, 2023, 7:22:00 AM
"
Asinoeh wrote:

What would you change? If I remove the points to the right of Elemental Equilibrium, I need to go for Impossible Escape and Magebane, leaving me with only 3 extra skill points (and down on a bit of dps since I had to give up a jewel slot and Farsight can't fully compensate that).

I have one like that in my stash, to swap in if the mood strikes me. I do prefer reduced charge use to gaining charges when hit, though. Who wants to be hit? :)

What mods am I looking for? Faster DoT on Malevolence and Attack Speed from Precision like yours? That combination is hardly any dps improvement to a good regular jewel (with life, dot, burning damage and fire damage).

How would you work on those implicits?

I'd love to get +1 to socketed support gems on mine instead of the dexterity, but that would cost a major fortune in Vivid Vultures and Craicic Chimerals. I was lucky to get my synthesized base as it is now for 6div on the market (was only looking for attack speed at the time :)).

Tree :
Well, there's the 7 points on the right of the tree (imo) and possibly the 2 points allocated for Ironwood (bottom of the tree). But they're all depending on your own preference. There's a jewel socket for 3 for example.
I wouldnt dare say my tree is perfect, it is the way i like it, i must be quite lonely going for Hired Killer ^^

+
Spoiler
Edit : Also in the movespeed/tree department : i use an impossible escape jewel with precise technique to get several nodes, one if them granting things such as 10% ms while phasing. You may wanna try that, there's damage, defences and ms available with that jewel.

Flasks :
Yeah, i mostly meant that there are other options since you like (and should like) movespeed. Now there are situations where the charges when hit can be useful, on sirus for example, between phases, the "wind" that pushes you out of the ring is considered as hits, it fills up my divine and quicksilver flasks. And during mapping, killing monsters is enough to have it up most of the time.

Watcher's :
Mine certainly doesnt give you "much" because you are already at 20 fuses so the extra attack speed seems meh (although it can help guarantee the 20 fuses depending on the situation, remember that we cant be sure we always hit that), also i use it to counter physical a bit more since i dont use armour :d
But say you get a triple watcher's with malevolence faster ailments, malevolence dot multi and a third useful thing, like grace movement speed and that's god tier.
Now, double malevolence would already be 6 to 10% more ignite dps than your rare jewel depending on rolls. With your current damage that's already a big increase ^^

Bow implicits :
i currently have 41-44% increased fire damage and some attack speed implicit (3-4%, not great but good enough to me), the third implicit is meh. So i'm trying to bruteforce it to be better, imprint, synth etc, until i get 3 useful mods (i won't chase things like +1 if i hit 3 nice implicits, i don't have mirrors in the bank :D )
So yeah, it's bruteforce, i sank 80 div on it this week, and i'm still going. That's why i made and use another bow, my main was scoured and made magic so i could use craicics.
Wouldn't recommend going for that unless you have another bow and lots of currency to burn D:
Edit : especially considering i'm already damage capped against ubers, say it's just a project/goal to keep me playing...
Last edited by Headtourist on Jul 14, 2023, 8:45:50 AM
"
Headtourist wrote:

Watcher's :
Mine certainly doesnt give you "much" because you are already at 20 fuses so the extra attack speed seems meh (although it can help guarantee the 20 fuses depending on the situation, remember that we cant be sure we always hit that), also i use it to counter physical a bit more since i dont use armour :d
But say you get a triple watcher's with malevolence faster ailments, malevolence dot multi and a third useful thing, like grace movement speed and that's god tier.
Now, double malevolence would already be 6 to 10% more ignite dps than your rare jewel depending on rolls. With your current damage that's already a big increase ^^

Upgrading from a good regular jewel to Double Malevolence Watcher's eye currently would give me about 1.5M (assuming I use divines to get the additional ignite speed up to 15%). Unfortunately they start at 80 div, but I'll keep my eyes open for a bargain.

You also have a good point about additional attack speed. That does not increase our theoretical max dps much, but might be a lot more valuable in practical situations when we are not in the ideal world.

"
Headtourist wrote:

Bow implicits :
So i'm trying to bruteforce it to be better, imprint, synth etc, until i get 3 useful mods (i won't chase things like +1 if i hit 3 nice implicits, i don't have mirrors in the bank :D )

So you combine the Rustic Sash Vendor recipe and the synthesizing harvest craft? Or Vivid Vultures?
"
Headtourist wrote:

it's just a project/goal to keep me playing...

Yeah, when would one try to craft the best possible EA bow if not in crucible league. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info