3.23 EXPLOSIVE ARROW BALLISTA ELEMENTALIST - League-Start to End-Game. Easy mode.

I have very shitty gear and want to upgrade to do the last bosses.
Especially the bow i need a new one.
The one im using is a +3 shortbow and i need a +3 thicket with the lifetap tree.
Now, buying a finished good such bow is beyond my economy.

How do you find a bow with the lifetap tree?
I have more than 2 stashtabs of bows and run the crucibe but none of them got the lifetap node.
Is there any special way of finding a bow with lifetap node or should i just keep looking at the trees of Thicket bows i find?
It seems vey rare.
I looked at the tradesite and just 1 bow was availiable with lifetap node, except for the uber expensive already finished crafted bows.

I already have a +2 amulet that im currently crafting but not finished yet, lack the rare white lifeforce for the harvest craft.
I also have a hunter quiver that im working on that eventually will be finished.
But i refuse to proceed if i not get T1 fire dot and then get T1 or T2 standard dot and good life, spent a bit already but it hasnt gone well yet.

I really need a new bow, anyone got some tips on best way of getting the lifetap node?
"
Mateo_swe wrote:

How do you find a bow with the lifetap tree?

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Crucible/QYZ6MoeIw, starting at 29c at the time of this writing.
Nice, tnx.

I didnt know you could mix trees from different kind of bows.
So both bows doesnt need to be thickets then.
Regarding nodes on cruzible trees.

Does the global damage crucible node work for EA ballista totems and the ignite damage?
Same with the "Attacks with this weapon have 15% chance to do double damage"?

Since we use totems and its also ignite dot damage things like this isnt allways working, so i thought i ask.
Hi, I have a total beginner question - if I only want to play standard league, should I use build for 3.19? Thanks
"
Hi, I have a total beginner question - if I only want to play standard league, should I use build for 3.19? Thanks

I don't think so, cause unless you find on trade old items that are perfect for it, the same nerves were applied there since (skill tree, item crafting etc).

Also, if you're a new player, there's really no point starting in standard, characters from league end up in standard anyway, so better start on league.

---

"
Regarding nodes on cruzible trees.

Does the global damage crucible node work for EA ballista totems and the ignite damage?
Same with the "Attacks with this weapon have 15% chance to do double damage"?

Since we use totems and its also ignite dot damage things like this isnt allways working, so i thought i ask.

I think the global damage node "works", but it's not the best (i tried with the 40% node, was not as good as +1 node)
The double damage attacks seem completely useless to me.
EAb crafts info : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-post/25179328
"

Also, even if you plan to play Standard once this league ends, it is still worth it to hop in the league to get yourself a thicket bow with a good crucible tree (At least lifetap, +1 to bow skills and +32% fire dot). You won't have that opportunity once this league ends, or if you do at a hugely inflated cost.
My current PoB is https://pobb.in/QjD833XPn2Js, and I am sitting at 19M Uber Pinnacle DPS, so not really complaining. Still I'd appreciate your thoughts on where to go next.

- I am hoping to get a Vorici (doesn't have to be T4) onto my chest that turns one of the red sockets white so I can swap Determination for Wrath whenever I want. Should give about 2M DPS.

- Item wise the amulet clearly has the biggest room for improvement. Thankfully I have an alternate pair of gloves in the stash with 570 accuracy rating to replace the one I'll loose by swapping out the amulet.

Reading up on crafting options this is the best I could come up with:
Spoiler

1) Get an amulet with fractured +1 to all skills. This is by far the most expensive step. On trade they start at 45div, so might as well fracture them myself. That way I at least get to pick the base. Should I go for Marble or Citrine?

2) Use Essences of Anger until you hit T1 Damage over time.

3) You need at least one open prefix, so if you don't have one it is annul and pray. And start over if you hit fire dmg or dot. Then clean out the prefixes with Suffix cannot be changed and scouring.

4) If you have an open suffix craft multimod. Then, either way, craft added fire damage to attacks.

5) Harvest craft add fire. This has a 50% chance to remove one of the good mods (fire damage or dot). In that case ... time to start over. Otherwise you now have +1 to all, +1 to fire, 31-34% fire damage, T1 Dot, and one open prefix.

6) You now can craft life or ele damage in the open prefix slot. If the suffix is open you can yolo exalt.

7) IF the suffix is open and you feel lucky you can also craft multimod and suffix cannot be changed and take the 50% chance that aisling will remove suffix cannot be changed and then gamble that she unveils into life.

I know there is also the option to start with fractured DoT. That one is (notably) cheaper, but will also yield worse results.

Any room for improvement in the above scheme? If you got free choice on the base, which one would you pick? Marble, Citrine, something else?

- Not DPS relevant, but since my boots have fractured move speed it seems tempting to eldritch craft better prefixes for more life.

- I have been pondering to go for Impossible Escape and in turn get rid of the passive tree to the right of Elemental Equilibrium, but I'd lose 12% move speed that way. The rest can probably be compensated.

Last edited by Asinoeh on Jul 11, 2023, 2:01:41 PM

Any Recommendations for the next Step?

Got about 5D and i would like to do Maven, but cant finish Cortex. (Ouch That was an expensive Lesson)

Thanks for all the Posts before, and the nice Guide !!!
Last edited by fatzke_steiner on Jul 11, 2023, 9:12:51 AM
Hi, my PoB is https://pobb.in/_FEjRVpUCsEK

and i would love to ask for help, where should i go next? have around 8D (so maybe enlighten lv4 and malevolence?) but im still dying in some maps and bosses like maven are big no no for me.

Thanks for any advice.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info