3.23 EXPLOSIVE ARROW BALLISTA ELEMENTALIST - League-Start to End-Game. Easy mode.

"
So you combine the Rustic Sash Vendor recipe and the synthesizing harvest craft? Or Vivid Vultures?

Vivid+craicics. Another 80d gone since last message :')

EAb crafts info : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-post/25179328
So im going to craft a new bow.
For the cruzible tree it seems something like this is optimal:

1st node
+1 socketed Dexterity gems

2nd node
Allocates Farsight
(24% damage with bows, 6% IAS, 16% accuracy and 24% DoT with bow skills)
Can also be "Avatar of the hunt" but Farsight seems better.

3rd node
+24% Fire DoT multiplier, -30% fire res.
(there seems to be a 32% better tier variation of this)

4th node
Lvl10 LifeTap

5th node
Unsure here, the node making enemy's shatter as frozen, does it interfere with profileration and is it good?
Is there any other good nodes for 5th position?

Also some things i wonder
2nd node could be Point Blank (30% MORE damage at short distance, lower far away).
Will this be better than Farsight?
In bossfights the totems are very close.

Any ideas for a optimal EA totem cruzible tree?
"
Mateo_swe wrote:
So im going to craft a new bow.
For the cruzible tree it seems something like this is optimal:

1st node
+1 socketed Dexterity gems

2nd node
Allocates Farsight
(24% damage with bows, 6% IAS, 16% accuracy and 24% DoT with bow skills)
Can also be "Avatar of the hunt" but Farsight seems better.

3rd node
+24% Fire DoT multiplier, -30% fire res.
(there seems to be a 32% better tier variation of this)

4th node
Lvl10 LifeTap

5th node
Unsure here, the node making enemy's shatter as frozen, does it interfere with profileration and is it good?
Is there any other good nodes for 5th position?

Also some things i wonder
2nd node could be Point Blank (30% MORE damage at short distance, lower far away).
Will this be better than Farsight?
In bossfights the totems are very close.

Any ideas for a optimal EA totem cruzible tree?

You pretty much summed it up.
+1 to dex or bow gems
farsight or avatar of the hunt depending on your own preferences (personally went for avatar cause i was able to get farsight with a jewel, while avatar, well we have a jewel to get all nodes except that one in the area so it could be problematic). Some people pick farsight there so your choice really.
+32% to fire dot multi (yes it is a thing)
lifetap (ALTHOUGH, some EA ballista players make builds without lifetap at all, but we could discuss this for hours).
No reason to go for a 5th node, it could interfere with prolif and doesnt grant anything, tbh.

I don't think point blank is great. Didn't go into calculations, but it's situational at best so wouldnt pick it over guaranteed bonuses.

Edit : when you're done with the tree, don't forget to split the base so you have have two bows in the end.
Last edited by Headtourist on Jul 15, 2023, 2:38:13 PM
"
Headtourist wrote:

Vivid+craicics. Another 80d gone since last message :')

Remember this part form the amulet crafting porcess I laid out earlier?

"

5) Harvest craft add fire. This has a 50% chance to remove one of the good mods (fire damage or dot). In that case ... time to start over. Otherwise you now have +1 to all, +1 to fire, 31-34% fire damage, T1 Dot, and one open prefix.

I missed that 50% shot five times in a row now, and it is getting costly.
Not very constructive, I know, but I had to vent somewhere. :)
"
Headtourist wrote:

Edit : when you're done with the tree, don't forget to split the base so you have have two bows in the end.

Unless you started with a synthesized base. Which will give you a better bow in the end, but can not be split.
On the matter of crucible trees:

We all know GGG is unpredictable, but taking your best guess how would you build the tree if the intention was for it to be viable/optimal for leagues to come in Standard?

This is mostly about the second node, all the others seem good no matter what. But Avatar of the Hunt is good (and Farsight not so good) right now becasue of the exact way the passive tree is shaped. On its own Deadly Draw is better than both, but it is so easy to path to that one so noone picks it right now for the crucible tree.

Thoughts?
Last edited by Asinoeh on Jul 20, 2023, 5:23:51 AM
Well Farsight has slightly better stats but if you have another way of allocating Farsight then i would choose something else.
Avatar of the hunt is allocated by most using the Unnatural instinct jewel and Deadly draw is on its way down to the totem nodes at the bottom so its taken anyway.

But first node, should i choose +1 Dexterity gems or +1 to Bow gems?
Im leaning to Dexterity gems as it will affect EA gem and Awakened Deadly Alments gems witch seem better than EA and ballista totems gems (bow gems).
Or anyone have other opinion?

And so there isnt a good 5th node to pick then.
I havent found any that seems useful.
Its the shatter node but it might interfere with the spreading of the ignites to nearby monsters.
Its not possible to use the 5th node that says Lightning arrow or Ice shot can ignite and have 25% to do 100% more damage?
But then one has to modify to LA or ice shot and try scale up the lightning/cold damage.
I doubt it will be more damage than EA though but i havent looked into it.
Interesting to know it its a viable way.
"
Mateo_swe wrote:
Well Farsight has slightly better stats but if you have another way of allocating Farsight then i would choose something else.
Avatar of the hunt is allocated by most using the Unnatural instinct jewel and Deadly draw is on its way down to the totem nodes at the bottom so its taken anyway.

About Avatar of the hunt, it is NOT allocated when using the unnatural instinct jewel. This jewel gives you the bonuses of the small passives (and only small passives) in the area. This is exactly the reason why several of us (including me) get avatar of the hunt on the crucible tree (whatever happens, if we use the jewel, we dont want to allocate points to get avatar cause each point would be pure loss).

Spoiler
Avatar of the Hunt is a notable passive skill

"
But first node, should i choose +1 Dexterity gems or +1 to Bow gems?
Im leaning to Dexterity gems as it will affect EA gem and Awakened Deadly Alments gems witch seem better than EA and ballista totems gems (bow gems).
Or anyone have other opinion?

Didn't go through PoB to answer so i might be wrong, but last i checked they both granted the same bonuses when it came to damage. You can't go wrong with them.

"
And so there isnt a good 5th node to pick then.
I havent found any that seems useful.

Yup.
Last edited by Headtourist on Jul 21, 2023, 12:58:12 PM
Ahh, you are right about the avatar of the hunt and i was wrong, sorry about that.
Its not allocated by the jewel, just the small skills around it.

But i think the attackspeed and accuracy of the Farsight node would be better than the evasion and movespeed of Avatar of the hunt.
At least for me, but if you already have enough attackspeed for max fuses it might be the other way.
Avatar of the hunt has slightly more damage if you dont weigh in the attackspeed and extra accuracy from Farsight.

I tried to farm spiders and frogs by doing tier 4 Cemetary maps with Beast scarabs.
I first found several spiders and 2 frogs but i spent the frogs and i didnt get the nodes at the crucible.
Now i have run many more cemetary maps but no more frogs has been found.
They seem very rare, thats a bummer.
And its very expensive to buy them.

Another thing, isnt there a helmet that can allocate like 3 passives from the tree?
I seem to remember something like that, a blight item i think.
Then one could allocate Avatar of the hunt, Farsight and something else like Aspect of the eagle or Charisma for Better mana reservation efficiency.
That would be very good, i must check if that is possible with the blight items.
Last edited by Mateo_swe on Jul 22, 2023, 12:02:38 PM
"
Mateo_swe wrote:
Ahh, you are right about the avatar of the hunt and i was wrong, sorry about that.
Its not allocated by the jewel, just the small skills around it.

But i think the attackspeed and accuracy of the Farsight node would be better than the evasion and movespeed of Avatar of the hunt.
At least for me, but if you already have enough attackspeed for max fuses it might be the other way.
Avatar of the hunt has slightly more damage if you dont weigh in the attackspeed and extra accuracy from Farsight.

Again, it depends on your own preferences.

I'm allocating farsight using impossible escape jewel with precise technique radius. This also allows me to get bow damage and attack speed small node (and other things : entrench, freedom of movement, currently)

Some people allocate avatar with impossible escape with precise technique en elemental equilibrium radius. That way you can get crystal skin, burning brutality...

Last edited by Headtourist on Jul 23, 2023, 12:49:31 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info