3.23 EXPLOSIVE ARROW BALLISTA ELEMENTALIST - League-Start to End-Game. Easy mode.

"
Mateo_swe wrote:
What cluster jewels are most efficient for EA totem?
The Bow one or fire damage or something else?

I had a discussion about this ingame with someone from the forum who did some testing, results : bow was bad compared to fire damage.
Haven't tried myself, no reason to.

"
Also why are nobody using replica emberwake?
I know it cuts skill duration by 90% but 58% faster ignite damage seem tempting.
New arrows is shoot constantly so maybe the duration reduction can be not so much of an issue.
I have one, maybe i try it and see if it is doable.

From what i read, some monsters that already reduced ignite duration on them might become invincible to our build due to that.

Then, just went to POB to see the numbers, if i were using it, my ignites would last something like 0.65s. Man I can't even begin to imagine how much attack speed etc you would need to be able to make this worth.

The 90% reduced duration looks like the big drawback of the item, there are simply better options to increase the ignite dps, that won't mess everything up.
EAb crafts info : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-post/25179328
Last edited by Headtourist on Jun 26, 2023, 3:18:22 PM
"
Headtourist wrote:
"
Mateo_swe wrote:

I had a discussion about this ingame with someone from the forum who did some testing, results : bow was bad compared to fire damage.

Hmm, weird. My PoB quite clearly says that bow is better. Notably so.
"
Asinoeh wrote:
"
Headtourist wrote:
"
Mateo_swe wrote:

Hmm, weird. My PoB quite clearly says that bow is better. Notably so.

Ok so i had to try it on pob. With your jewel my dps is a little bit superior
Although, if using the third node, the fire jewel becomes better again (but i dont know anyone who does that).
Regarding unsing an replica emberwake i would think you must tweak some things first like increase the skill duration wherever possible.
But maybe the drawback of the replica emberwake will make it unusable or less good than other options.

I also have a Taming ring, it gives 60% increased elemental damage plus 20% increased damage with hits and alments per ignite, shock and freeze.
It seems pretty good.

I also have a Pyre ring, it gives 78% increased burning damage, 93% if qualitied up.
But it converts 40% of cold damage to fire, so no flat cold can be had on gear anywhere in that case i assume.

I dont have a Polaric Devastation ring unfortunaltly.
I think i go with the taming ring, it has 39% all res also that is much needed.

So, fire and bow cluster jewels are about the same so it shouldnt matter too much what i choose.
REgarding the Lethal Pride variants.

Does the different number of warriors do different things?
Or is it just the Kaom, Rakiata etc, that matters?

I have a 16217 warriors under Rakiata and it makes every small node have extra stength along with some faster ignites and other extra stuff on the bigger nodes.

I wonder how these Lethal prides work, anyone know?
"
Mateo_swe wrote:
REgarding the Lethal Pride variants.

Does the different number of warriors do different things?
Or is it just the Kaom, Rakiata etc, that matters?

I have a 16217 warriors under Rakiata and it makes every small node have extra stength along with some faster ignites and other extra stuff on the bigger nodes.

I wonder how these Lethal prides work, anyone know?

Hey. The number is a "seed" on the jewel, that seed determines the bonuses that affect nodes of the tree.

It used to be really difficult to find the best jewels, but there are tools now, such as the "timeless jewel finder" on POB tree page.
Use it to find your "perfect" jewel :)
hi,

Fist time doing a build,
i got the Skirlish Two-point arrow quiver during the story, it gat a + 1 to maximum number of totem

I was wondering it it was good for the build and if not if it's only useful till i have something better
Even tho we don't use all the stat that that quiver has ( specially the : 0.2% of physical attack damage leeched as mana)
"
Fist time doing a build,
i got the Skirlish Two-point arrow quiver during the story, it gat a + 1 to maximum number of totem

I was wondering it it was good for the build and if not if it's only useful till i have something better
Even tho we don't use all the stat that that quiver has ( specially the : 0.2% of physical attack damage leeched as mana)

Hey. Yes skirmish is very good and you can basically keep it until you are able to switch to 6 total totems with tree + get a better quiver.
And speaking of unique items you can also get yourself a good storm cloud bow. I used it until level 85 i think.

Regarding levelling gear you can take a look at palsteron's guide. The endgame gear is not the same (palsteron uses lightning coil etc) but it can give you another view, tips and information.

Edit : just noticed you were level70+ with a storm cloud.
Last edited by Headtourist on Jul 2, 2023, 8:16:46 AM
For something completely different:

Which farming strategies do you think play best to this build's strengths? Ideally low investment as well. :)
This build can do many farming methods.
Its not a tanky build that can facetank hard bosses but we got very high damage and as the totems do all the attacking and also taunts we rarely take full force damage and mostly stay out of the way of the damage.

If you want to make currency farming Harvest is very profitable.
If you take some harvest nodes on atlas tree you get minimum 1000 lifeforce per harvest/map and that goes quick.
4800 yellow lifeforce is sold for a divine and you make that quite fast.
I combine harvest, Legion and Dilerium farming and it works good, maybe there are better methods.
Legion farming is good as the currency incubators quite often drops a divine.
Dilerium is nice as the cluster jewels can be rolled good and sold for quite much.
The very high damage makes this build can du the hardest bosses but then you must get endgame gear.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info