3.23 EXPLOSIVE ARROW BALLISTA ELEMENTALIST - League-Start to End-Game. Easy mode.

The question for me still is - and I am aware this is highly speculative - which of these will be best going forward.

Which one would you pick for a bow that is supposed to last a few leagues in standard?
"
Asinoeh wrote:
The question for me still is - and I am aware this is highly speculative - which of these will be best going forward.

Which one would you pick for a bow that is supposed to last a few leagues in standard?

Well if we are going to speculate :
- tree may stay as it is
- tree may change and we have no clue what will happen.

Based on this :
1) Just pick whatever you think is best right now
2) if you have time and currency to spend, make several different crucible trees, just in case.

This is assuming they wont remove our trees when league ends and everything goes to standard. I don't think they've ever removed any items/mods on items in the past, I don't see this happening now.
EAb crafts info : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-post/25179328
I have a cruzible tree crafting question about EA totem bow.
I have the first bow with 4th node "LifeTap" and have leveled it up to that 4th node.
Then i have another second bow with a tree with the third node "+32 Fire dot multi".
Should i level the tree of the second bow (that goes on the top in the curzible) pathed exact the same path as the bottom bow?
Or is it better to path a parallel path (if possible) on the top bow and just go down on the last 3rd node, so it get in the right position on the bottom bow?
Or does it not matter?

I have watched many YT videos on this and its not clear what is the best way of making the cruzible tree at the forge.
Though it seems best is to start at the last node to the right, 4th or 5th node and then craft your way to the left, step by step.
"
Mateo_swe wrote:
I have a cruzible tree crafting question about EA totem bow.
I have the first bow with 4th node "LifeTap" and have leveled it up to that 4th node.
Then i have another second bow with a tree with the third node "+32 Fire dot multi".
Should i level the tree of the second bow (that goes on the top in the curzible) pathed exact the same path as the bottom bow?
Or is it better to path a parallel path (if possible) on the top bow and just go down on the last 3rd node, so it get in the right position on the bottom bow?
Or does it not matter?

I have watched many YT videos on this and its not clear what is the best way of making the cruzible tree at the forge.
Though it seems best is to start at the last node to the right, 4th or 5th node and then craft your way to the left, step by step.

In case, this helped me a lot early league : https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1roxGW3uSeHWofLX96EHdLyyHu5K8QPYHDgFHwGNGu84/edit#slide=id.g238c6edb669_0_0

Thanks.

Based on this it seems its better to make the trees follow same path in both bows.
It will be a 50/50 (minus the chance to be up/downgraded or mutated) to pick the correct skill wanted.
I wish GGG made the frogs easier to farm.
I tried to find frogs yesterday but only found one frog.
And doing tier 4 maps is not as fun as not so much good loot can be found at this low tier (except for the frogs and spiders).
Last edited by Mateo_swe on Jul 26, 2023, 7:44:56 AM
"
Mateo_swe wrote:

As far as I know merging works roughly as follows:

If for a given position both trees have a node then:
- If one node is allocated and the other is not, the allocated node has an about 70% chance to be the final result.
- In all other cases it is 50:50

If for a given position only one tree has a node then:
- There is a 70% chance the node is in the final tree and a 30% chance it goes poof. This is independent of whether the node is allocated or not.

After that there is still a roughly 10% chance for something bad to happen.

Hence in your example you should completely de-allocate the tree leading to node 4, and completely allocate the tree leading to node 3 (assuming the tree leading to node 3 has nothing where node 4 is). That way for each node you have a 70% chance to get the desired result, for a 49% chance overall.

P.S: I also found it better to move along the edge of the tree. That way I avoid the case where I get all the nodes I want, but the correct connections are no longer there.
Last edited by Asinoeh on Jul 26, 2023, 11:14:28 AM
"
Headtourist wrote:

Based on this :
1) Just pick whatever you think is best right now
2) if you have time and currency to spend, make several different crucible trees, just in case.

I probably won't have the time or ressources to do more than one tree. Also, if I do this I definitely will use a three implicit synthesized base (not necessarly with great implicits) for higher growth potential. Tuning that can be also done next league. It's the tree I need to do now.

I believe with the current passive tree Avatar of the Hunt is the best option, since it is basically no option to path to it. All other options fall behind once your attack speed is overcapped, even Farsight (even if Impossible Escape would not exist) or are too easy to get regularly, like Deadly Draw.
Last edited by Asinoeh on Jul 26, 2023, 9:58:05 AM
"
Mateo_swe wrote:

And doing tier 4 maps is not as fun as not so much good loot can be found at this low tier (except for the frogs and spiders).

Tier 4 map bestary farming combines rather well with Essences.
started ballista explosive arrow 2 days ago,
for now really liking it but its getting a little hard on yellow maps
this is my build so far

https://pobb.in/jSao8h6pZTkE

any advice what to do now

1 have 1,5 divine to invest
"
fidek1 wrote:
started ballista explosive arrow 2 days ago,
for now really liking it but its getting a little hard on yellow maps
this is my build so far

https://pobb.in/jSao8h6pZTkE

any advice what to do now

1 have 1,5 divine to invest

Hello.

Some investment directions below :

- replace Praxis ring with Polaric Devastation Ring (equip on left ring slot) and your other ring with a Taming ring. Total cost : 40-50c
- get an enchanted helmet that has ok stats compared with yours and the enchant "Explosive arrow has 15% increased attack speed. I'm sure there are a lot on market for a few c. OR, get a Devoto's Devotion helmet (best would be both but we're late in the league, you won't find that.
- get Atziri's step boots for movespeed, spell suppression (you really lack spell supprr right now) and evasion. Cost around 10c.
- get any Hyrri's ire chestplate (probs around 50c). Upgrade sockets/links if you need more than it currently has. Massive increase in dps, evasion, spell suppression.
- While you're on trade site, try to find gloves with attack speed on it and life and/or accuracy and/or spell suppression on it. Depending on the criteria, shouldn't cost much (a few dozen c, i guess) and will be a lot better than yours.
- get better flasks. You currently have 2 white quicksilver flasks, 2 hallowed life flasks... There's a lot of room for improvement. Maybe get an atziri's promise with 8% elem damage as extra chaos. Should cost around 10c.

At some point, you'll have to upgrade your bow and quiver. You can get an easy 6L bow with some divination cards (now it will also need some crafting and socket recolor to be effective), or check 6L short/thicket bows on trade to see if you find something that would be better than your bow, and has the colors you want for your explosive arrow setup. A starter 6L bow is easy to setup with a few essences. At your level, a 4L storm cloud won't be that good anymore.

Edit : throw 20 turbulent catalysts at your belt so you get to 42% faster ignite instead of 35%. Cost : 10-15c for 20 catalysts.
Last edited by Headtourist on Jul 30, 2023, 9:29:20 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info