3.23 EXPLOSIVE ARROW BALLISTA ELEMENTALIST - League-Start to End-Game. Easy mode.

I've been having a great time with this build and melting most content but when it comes to uber exarch I can't seem to figure it out. It feels like flame dash sucks for that fight and I can't escape his fire of doom. I'm not sure if I'm missing something but his video shows him melting the exarch before he even does his balls challenge but it feels like that isn't possible anymore as I start melting then his health stops and goes into the ball challenge and other crap that just melts me.

The second piece is I love sim, but I get to wave 22/23 and I feel like I just get stun locked and then die so again not sure if it's the movement skill or what's going on. If someone could take a look as a second set of eyes I would greatly appreciate it.
"
zephrys13 wrote:
I've been having a great time with this build and melting most content but when it comes to uber exarch I can't seem to figure it out. It feels like flame dash sucks for that fight and I can't escape his fire of doom. I'm not sure if I'm missing something but his video shows him melting the exarch before he even does his balls challenge but it feels like that isn't possible anymore as I start melting then his health stops and goes into the ball challenge and other crap that just melts me.

The second piece is I love sim, but I get to wave 22/23 and I feel like I just get stun locked and then die so again not sure if it's the movement skill or what's going on. If someone could take a look as a second set of eyes I would greatly appreciate it.

I've been able to do exarch (took me several attempts though), but i have 2.5* your uber pinnacle dps.
Considering your defences I would just go for a lot more uber dps. (They have 70% reduced damage)

Regarding simulacrum, I'm able to go to wave 30, again with less defences (i don't have armor, but again I have way more dps.

There's ONE important thing I noticed on your character : unless I'm mistaken, you haven't allocated a totem mastery with "Totems taunt enemies around them for 1 second when summoned"

Could be a game changer there and high QOL for your mapping too.

+ try to get a "gain 3 charges when hit" on your life flask so you can spam it.
EAb crafts info : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-post/25179328
Last edited by Headtourist on May 18, 2023, 10:10:02 AM
"
Headtourist wrote:
"
zephrys13 wrote:

I've been able to do exarch (took me several attempts though), but i have 2.5* your uber pinnacle dps.
Considering your defences I would just go for a lot more uber dps. (They have 70% reduced damage)

Regarding simulacrum, I'm able to go to wave 30, again with less defences (i don't have armor, but again I have way more dps.

There's ONE important thing I noticed on your character : unless I'm mistaken, you haven't allocated a totem mastery with "Totems taunt enemies around them for 1 second when summoned"

Could be a game changer there and high QOL for your mapping too.

+ try to get a "gain 3 charges when hit" on your life flask so you can spam it.

I appreciate the feedback! What is killing my dps versus yours? I feel like I have decent gear but are there major glaring items that make such a gap in damage? I was looking at your character, congrats on 100 by the way, and I'm similiar in most slots so I don't see where the 2.5x is coming from.
"
zephrys13 wrote:
I appreciate the feedback! What is killing my dps versus yours? I feel like I have decent gear but are there major glaring items that make such a gap in damage? I was looking at your character, congrats on 100 by the way, and I'm similiar in most slots so I don't see where the 2.5x is coming from.

About level 100, just like pretty much everyone, I paid for 5 ways from mid level 97 to level 100, if you have some currency it's clearly worth it ^^

Now, about the damage :
I just tried to import a "close to perfect crucible" - crafted bow to your POB

Spoiler
Bow
Thicket Bow
Item Level: 85
Quality: 30
Sockets: R-R-R-R-G-G
LevelReq: 56
Implicits: 2
{crafted}Quality does not increase Physical Damage
{crafted}1% increased Attack Speed per 8% Quality
+1 to Level of Socketed Gems
+2 to Level of Socketed Bow Gems
19% increased Attack Speed
{crafted}Can have up to 3 Crafted Modifiers
{crafted}+20% to Fire Damage over Time Multiplier
{crafted}Gain 16% of Fire Damage as Extra Chaos Damage
{crucible}+1 to Level of Socketed Bow Gems
{crucible}Socketed Gems are Supported by Level 10 Lifetap
{crucible}7% increased Attack Speed
+32% to Fire Damage over Time Multiplier (crucible)
-30% to Fire Resistance (crucible)

Getting a decent crucible tree on your bow : at least lifetap and +1 to bow/dex gems or 32 to fire damage over time multiplier + crafting it (method page 290-291) almost caps your dps against non ubers (with the bow i described in the spoiler you're looking at a 31% dps increase !)

Also, getting the lifetap node on crucible allows you to swap your lifetap gem for an empower one, again more dps (+ finish levelling your awakened elemental damage)

Of course this alone won't be enough, but I think it's the biggest increase you can get on a single item.

---

On a side note, I previously forgot to mention the Hired Killer node on passive skill tree, really helpful during simulacrum too (and qol on mapping)
That requires "a lot of points" tho, i personally allocated it but then again i'm max level ^^'
Last edited by Headtourist on May 18, 2023, 11:40:25 AM
cinderswallow flask will be up for most simulacrum, so HK is not worth points.

Also where spamming simulacrum 30 with no prob.
Chaos res Cap
ele Aligments + hinder/maim immunity and you are unstopable with running around ;D
anti-curse flask is also usefull.

Rest is just DPS.
Last edited by Kenavru on May 18, 2023, 5:55:34 PM
There’s definitely a few ways I can upgrade my gear and I know it’s situational but it’s Hyrris Ire a worthy upgrade?

I’ve seen some that use it and some that don’t, some say it’s worse for survivability but is the loss of armor that bad?
Disregard last post, headtourist basically answered it earlier
Hi!

I have a question...how does he have 30+ spell impression on the rare chest that`s in the PoB from youtube? that`s what the PoB shows me...i think I managed to craft 22 at most.

So where is the extra coming from?
"
Pwntowner wrote:
Hi!

I have a question...how does he have 30+ spell impression on the rare chest that`s in the PoB from youtube? that`s what the PoB shows me...i think I managed to craft 22 at most.

So where is the extra coming from?

It was nerfed in 2022.
The POB is not up to date, there are several things there you wont be able to make now. Another example would be the flammability on hit ring, the increased effect is no longer in the game.

If you want that much suppression on your chest, Hyrri's Ire is really a great option. If you struggle to get to 100% spell suppression even with it, combine it with Atziri's step boots for now, you can replace the boots later.

I still use Hyrri's Ire to this day (then, I'm full evasion, if you're going for armor there are probably better options).

Why isn't Ancestral Vision used more?

We aim for 100% spell suppression anyways. So get the jewel, get 50% Chance to Avoid Elemental Ailments on boots (explicit suffix + elder implicit) and you are elemental ailment immune. Seems way less of a cost than running Purity of Elements to me.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info