3.23 EXPLOSIVE ARROW BALLISTA ELEMENTALIST - League-Start to End-Game. Easy mode.

"
Asinoeh wrote:
Why isn't Ancestral Vision used more?

We aim for 100% spell suppression anyways. So get the jewel, get 50% Chance to Avoid Elemental Ailments on boots (explicit suffix + elder implicit) and you are elemental ailment immune. Seems way less of a cost than running Purity of Elements to me.

well it was expensive AF at start. It was quite used on poe ninja, and other shock wariant too.

Purity also gives around +40% to res (with inc. aura effect here and there)
Last edited by Kenavru on May 19, 2023, 4:23:33 AM
"
Kenavru wrote:
"
Asinoeh wrote:
On poe ninja I see many builds that no longer run lifetap but instead regen mana with Mastermind of Discord and the fire exposure implicit on gloves.

Is Lifetap that risky?

they have lifetap in bow *crucible. Its bis support node, as lifetap doesnt give much more dps. Better socket empower as 7 link

and yes, exposure implicit & ignire spread is also more efficient way than combustion and ignite prolif. As we write on every page since last 7+ ;D

Actually they do not play lifetap anymore. Vaal Clarity let's you free cast quite quickly and some points in mana nodes gives you enough mana to summon some ballistas without vaal clarity active. I also switched to this kind of build now. It quickly caps at 35Mil ignite dps vs uber bosses.
However, it feels a little bit more squishy.

Maybe someone got ideas how to get more defensivness? I will try to upgrade my ring, but I don't know what else I could swap. Here is my pob :) https://pobb.in/a2l-s3qp7kWZ

EDIT:

Also, crafting the bow with +2 bow gems is easy and cheap. However, if you run empower, you get more value out of +2 support gems (if you can afford it ~10-12div). On page 298 I described how to craft it that way (if you get a fractured base with T1 dot it's way cheaper).

Last edited by Rababerbaerbel on May 19, 2023, 8:30:28 PM
"
Actually they do not play lifetap anymore.

Not completely sure about this.

Unless I made a mistake, modifying my bow to be more like yours (+2 supp/more atk speed) only increased my ign dps by 500k (about 2-2.5%), while deactivating lifetap in configuration makes me lose about 3M dps... this from a 25M uber ignite dps.

The huge difference that makes your bow clearly better is the fire damage implicit (again on my bow, would be 1.9M more ignite dps

Now it may depend on one's build/gear.

(For the reference, but still a work in progress regarding implicits :

-

+Taking a look at POB but i'm not an example of tankiness either... I'll edit if I see something interesting.
Yeah at this point it's the tankiness vs/damage i suppose...

I have like 3+ times your ehp running on evasion, but :
- i keep purity of elements instead of running wrath
- i haven't switched to double malevolence watchers because i want the +chaos res from purity of elements
- you have unallocated totem nodes, don't have the totem taunt from mastery (which is a big plus for global survivability)
- overall you have 30% less hp and 30% more dps
and so on...

Then I'm the complete opposite style : lazy quality of life guy with ailment immunity from aura, burning ground immunity on boots... :d
EAb crafts info : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-post/25179328
Last edited by Headtourist on May 19, 2023, 9:14:52 PM
"

while deactivating lifetap in configuration makes me lose about 3M dps... this from a 25M uber ignite dps.

The huge difference that makes your bow clearly better is the fire damage implicit (again on my bow, would be 1.9M more ignite dps

Now it may depend on one's build/gear.

I guess running double curse and wrath makes the ignite dps cap easily, thus making lifetap obsulete.

"

you have unallocated totem nodes, don't have the totem taunt from mastery

Will spec the taunt, might make mapping better.
Last edited by Rababerbaerbel on May 19, 2023, 9:12:45 PM
Well anyway your dps is well overcapped for maps so when not uberbossing, swapping out wrath for purity of elements (unless you got ailment immunity somewhere else, i didn't check that) should be great too.

Now you also talked about rings. I saw that almost everyone was using the taming, and you do too.

I tried something else and bought this today to replace my old ring :

On your character, that kind of ring grants a lot of chaos res (you don't have much, that one would be +46% and some kind of burning ground dps (do you even need it though lol)

Edit :

+ Shaper of Storms grants you 2M burning ground DPS (ign you're still overcapped without), while Bastion of Elements would give you 10k ehp.
Again, dps vs survivability :D

Edit 2 : Your "While a Unique Enemy is in your Presence, Inflict Fire Exposure on Hit, applying -15% to Fire Resistance" implicit on gloves gives you nothing, except numbers on peoninja :D You could replace it with something else
Last edited by Headtourist on May 19, 2023, 10:05:31 PM
"

On your character, that kind of ring grants a lot of chaos res (you don't have much, that one would be +46% and some kind of burning ground dps (do you even need it though lol)

I was exactly thinking about a ring like that! I need chaos res badly. Dps will probably still be high enough without burning aswell.

"

+ Shaper of Storms grants you 2M burning ground DPS (ign you're still overcapped without), while Bastion of Elements would give you 10k ehp.
Again, dps vs survivability :D

The point is, this build uses 17 fuses instead of 20 (Ignite dps still capped at 17 --> no watchtowers but whispers of doom). Removing shaper of storms at 17 fuses uncaps the ign and overcaps my resses even further. I'm not a fan of that :p

"

Your "While a Unique Enemy is in your Presence, Inflict Fire Exposure on Hit, applying -15% to Fire Resistance" implicit on gloves gives you nothing, except numbers on peoninja :D You could replace it with something else

Is it also nothing vs bosses? Then I'll change that for sure.
"
The point is, this build uses 17 fuses instead of 20 (Ignite dps still capped at 17 --> no watchtowers but whispers of doom). Removing shaper of storms at 17 fuses uncaps the ign and overcaps my resses even further. I'm not a fan of that :p

Ok, I didnt deactivate your flasks before trying. With flask there was no change.
I didnt even notice you were at 17 fuses (i kinda only use the max sustainable fuses option)

"
Is it also nothing vs bosses? Then I'll change that for sure.

Yup. It overriden by Elemental Equilibrium which grants exposure that applies -25% resist. They don't stack or anything.

Spoiler
"The reason people are putting Fire Exposure on their gloves is strictly for padding their DPS numbers on PoE Ninja. If you import a POB profile from PoE Ninja, such as this one, https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/gladkopls/Pain_Sanctum?i=1&search=class%3DElementalist%26skill%3DExplosive-Arrow%26sort%3Ddps you will see on the configuration tab that "Enemy was hit by cold damage" and "Enemy was hit by lightning damage" are not checked, despite the player having flat cold and lightning damage on their gear.

Since we have Elemental Equilibrium, we actually get a better exposure (-25%) than the gloves (-15%), but PoE Ninja doesn't properly configure the PoB so it doesn't show up on their site.

You can test/prove this by editing the gloves of the character in the profile I linked. Remove their fire exposure modifier and then go into the configuration tab and check "Enemy was hit by cold". This checkbox helps POB know that we did cold damage and therefore the enemy should have fire and lightning exposure (because of EE).

Ignite DPS for 1 fuse upon importing the profile : 4.5M
Ignite DPS after removing fire exposure from gloves : 3.5M
Ignite DPS after checking "Enemy was hit by cold" (or lightning) : 4.7M

The third bullet point is what our actual damage is. The second bullet point is what it would be on PoE Ninja. The first is what the player tricks PoE Ninja into seeing.

POE Ninja Warrior-ing and nothing more." (from reddit)
Last edited by Headtourist on May 19, 2023, 10:58:00 PM
"

Also, crafting the bow with +2 bow gems is easy and cheap.

Is it?

I tried the craft of exile simulator, and annulling everything off except for +2 to bow skills and the attack speed seems almost impossible to pull off.

Of course there is a good chance I misunderstood some part of the instructions. :)
Last edited by Asinoeh on May 20, 2023, 8:19:37 PM
I have a large cluster with burning bright, cremator, widespread destruction and 2 attack speed to fire skills, is this a viable option? Not sure if cremator messes with our ignite
I don't know about cremator. While many of us get the same jewel and allocate burning bright and and widespreat destruction, cremator isn't allocated in most cases.

From what i gather, from a pure explosive arrow perspective, it shouldn't mess with the proliferation because the chance enemies are killed by hits is low to non-existent, dps comes from damage over time, not hits.
Now say you use other skills with frenzy, culling strike... then enemies may not die from hits, messing with the proliferation if cremator is allocated.

Clearly not an expert, though, may require some testing.

Again, seems to me almost noone is using it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info