3.23 EXPLOSIVE ARROW BALLISTA ELEMENTALIST - League-Start to End-Game. Easy mode.

"
Asinoeh wrote:
On poe ninja I see many builds that no longer run lifetap but instead regen mana with Mastermind of Discord and the fire exposure implicit on gloves.

Is Lifetap that risky?

they have lifetap in bow *crucible. Its bis support node, as lifetap doesnt give much more dps. Better socket empower as 7 link

and yes, exposure implicit & ignire spread is also more efficient way than combustion and ignite prolif. As we write on every page since last 7+ ;D
Last edited by Kenavru on May 14, 2023, 4:41:57 PM
"
Kenavru wrote:
and yes, exposure implicit & ignire spread is also more efficient way than combustion and ignite prolif. As we write on every page since last 7+ ;D

But isn't the exposure implicit redundant to Elemental Equilibrium? Or does Elemental Equilibrium not count as exposure, despite its wording?

Or do we really need that mana regeneration despite lifetap on the bow?
Last edited by Asinoeh on May 15, 2023, 3:12:32 AM
"
Asinoeh wrote:
"
Kenavru wrote:

But isn't the exposure implicit redundant to Elemental Equilibrium? Or does Elemental Equilibrium not count as exposure, despite its wording?

Or do we really need that mana regeneration despite lifetap on the bow?

they dont need mana. Just this part.
"Exposure you inflict applies an extra -25% to the affected Resistance"

EE doest give exposure. Its more like "enemies has #% to # resistance"
"Enemies you hit with Elemental Damage temporarily get +25% Resistance to those Elements and -50% Resistance to other Elements"
Last edited by Kenavru on May 15, 2023, 3:22:10 AM
"
Kenavru wrote:
"Enemies you hit with Elemental Damage temporarily get +25% Resistance to those Elements and -50% Resistance to other Elements"

Well, the current wording of Elemental Equilibrium is (fandom wiki seems outdated):

Hits that deal Elemental Damage remove Exposure to those Elements and inflict Exposure to other Elements, applying -25% to Resistances
"
Asinoeh wrote:
"
Kenavru wrote:

Well, the current wording of Elemental Equilibrium is (fandom wiki seems outdated):

Hits that deal Elemental Damage remove Exposure to those Elements and inflict Exposure to other Elements, applying -25% to Resistances

Indeed. Juste to make that clear :

"[–]Plane-Salamander2580 9 points 4 months ago

Can you explain what's up with the fire exposure on gloves not working as intended?

permalinkembedsavereportgive awardreply

[–]hammer_wow[S] 12 points 4 months ago

The reason people are putting Fire Exposure on their gloves is strictly for padding their DPS numbers on PoE Ninja. If you import a POB profile from PoE Ninja, such as this one, https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/gladkopls/Pain_Sanctum?i=1&search=class%3DElementalist%26skill%3DExplosive-Arrow%26sort%3Ddps you will see on the configuration tab that "Enemy was hit by cold damage" and "Enemy was hit by lightning damage" are not checked, despite the player having flat cold and lightning damage on their gear.

Since we have Elemental Equilibrium, we actually get a better exposure (-25%) than the gloves (-15%), but PoE Ninja doesn't properly configure the PoB so it doesn't show up on their site.

You can test/prove this by editing the gloves of the character in the profile I linked. Remove their fire exposure modifier and then go into the configuration tab and check "Enemy was hit by cold". This checkbox helps POB know that we did cold damage and therefore the enemy should have fire and lightning exposure (because of EE).

Ignite DPS for 1 fuse upon importing the profile : 4.5M
Ignite DPS after removing fire exposure from gloves : 3.5M
Ignite DPS after checking "Enemy was hit by cold" (or lightning) : 4.7M

The third bullet point is what our actual damage is. The second bullet point is what it would be on PoE Ninja. The first is what the player tricks PoE Ninja into seeing.

POE Ninja Warrior-ing and nothing more."

(from reddit)
EAb crafts info : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-post/25179328
Last edited by Headtourist on May 15, 2023, 5:38:30 AM
Hi

Here in the written guide he use Ignite Proliferation and says swap with Deadly Ailments on Bosses but how you handle the diffrent colors? Ignite is blue slot and Deadly is green. I will only do maps not planning to go for bosses is it ok to use Ignite all the time?
"
AgentGibbbs wrote:
Hi

Here in the written guide he use Ignite Proliferation and says swap with Deadly Ailments on Bosses but how you handle the diffrent colors? Ignite is blue slot and Deadly is green. I will only do maps not planning to go for bosses is it ok to use Ignite all the time?

use implicit on gloves, there is no use of igniteProlif at endgame.
You will also drop lifetap gem for crucible bow.
Last edited by Kenavru on May 16, 2023, 6:05:20 AM
Ok

Thx for the help
How good is Hyrri's Ire for an EA Elementalist, in particular that huge chunk of flat cold damage?

As far as I understand it that only adds damage to the initial hit but does not help the ignite, correct?

I am wondering whether to get Hyrri's Ire or some 20% spell suppression chest with life and resists...
"
Asinoeh wrote:
How good is Hyrri's Ire for an EA Elementalist, in particular that huge chunk of flat cold damage?

As far as I understand it that only adds damage to the initial hit but does not help the ignite, correct?

I am wondering whether to get Hyrri's Ire or some 20% spell suppression chest with life and resists...

As far as I understand the mechanics involved here, Hyrri's Ire flat damage indeed adds damage to the initial hit but ALSO scales our ignite damage.

On my current setup, the chest alone is 7-8% of my explosive arrow dps against uber pinnacle bosses.
This while providing amazing defences.

Now if you can get a rare chests with great stats such as the one Brunowa's using on his pob, it's almost the same because of the implicits if you're using malevolence

"While a Unique Enemy is in your Presence,Malevolence has 37% increased Aura Effect
14% increased effect of Non-Curse Auras from your Skill"

These would increase my dps by 0.8% compared to hyrri's. (at the cost of some ehp, on my side, so not really a point doing it).

Just try items on POB, if you're all in for dps and/or have difficulty with getting your resists capped or whatever.

EAb crafts info : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-post/25179328
Last edited by Headtourist on May 18, 2023, 5:27:06 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info