3.23 EXPLOSIVE ARROW BALLISTA ELEMENTALIST - League-Start to End-Game. Easy mode.

hello im new to the game, and tried to do your build but i feel im very weak, i practically cant even finish level 16 maps in the state im in now
could you help me and tell me what im doing wrong?

https://poe.ninja/pob/cyR
"
Headtourist wrote:
"
Enigmatic_LFC wrote:

I just took a look at your pob.
At first glance I think i agree with Kenavru....

Thanks for that, it helps a lot.

"get atziri's steps boots"
Done

"get a dovoto's devotion helmet"
I got a helm. Could only see one's with an enchant for 1 div or 3 div so will have to leave that until I have more currency. Is there there in game content I can run to try and get this enchant? Is it the lab?

"apply catalysts on your belt"
Could I please confirm this is abrasive catalyst before I mess that up?

"level up your gems"
Definitely will work on this. I've been switching stuff around as I got in a right fuddle between following notes/forum post/pob. I will check what I have in my stash and look to buy higher ranked ones if what I am running now is more or less correct.

"there seem to be too many auras in your setup"
I have struggled with Mana to actually activate most of these. Do I drop Determination completely as that has been mentioned in this thread recently.

"i'm not sure you have a source for cold/lightning damage"
I had/have the golem as per guide. Was running Lightning Golem until I moved stuff around trying to fix the build Now have Ice Golem but gem is only rank 5 and it is always dying. Also have Lightning Trap.

"Craft even the lowest add lightning damage to whatever item you have"
Will do this. Probably have to go on gloves or chest when I sort them out.
To confirm I am looking for "Adds # to # Lightning Damage to Attacks"?

"allocate Reflexes"
Will do. Looks like I need to earn 2 skill points to get there or take points out of something right away.

I've replaced head and feet already now which leaves me short on my resistances right now. Will have to try and fix that with a chest piece and possibly a temporary ring until I am level 80 and can use the polaric as I cannot use it right now.

Thank you again for the help and advice.
Last edited by Enigmatic_LFC on May 14, 2023, 4:46:21 AM
"
Headtourist wrote:
"
IlCapretto wrote:
Hello i play PoE since 2 weeks and i'm still trying to understand why my ignite DPS sucks...i'm a super noob so hope that somebody more expirienced than me can help me to improve or at least to understand what i did wrong.
PS: sorry for my english xD

my path of bulding:
https://pastebin.com/jt720YR8

I think there's nothing "inherently wrong" with you build. Here are a few ideas, nothing fancy

- Level your empower (or buy a level 4 one).
- Get ignite proliferation implicit on gloves (you have 0 ignite prolif right now unless i'm blind, mapping must feel awful)
- Get an enchanted helmet, again, you can't go wrong with 15% increased ea attack speed devoto's devotion ! You'll be lacking 2% spell suppression, should be easy to fix. Swap to atziri's steps if needed, you won't lose much from that.
- apply catalysts to your belt so ignites are 42% faster instead of 35%
- if you have the ignite prolif implicit on gloves as stated earlier, swap out the rain of splinters for more ignite dps on bosses.
- make a better bow (and enjoy crucible mechanics) with at least the lifetap node so you can swap out lifetap gem for burning damage/awakened burning damage. Maybe switch to thicket bow also. There's lots of improvements on the bow side (even though the crafting on yours is great. With one such as mine (which is not "great") you're looking at at 25% dps increase. (craft guide page 290-291 in case cause getting crucible + fractured damage over time base will be real painful...)

( - what's the point of strike leader on your cluster setup, i see it's allocated ??? maybe rework your cluster setup, i see room for improvement there.

I'm not going too deep on it but you go from like 12M to 17M pinnacle boss ignite dps with these changes and probably real better mapping.

Thank you so much for your help and great advice!!!...made some changes following your instructions and even though i die all the time (will never reach level 91 xD )....feel like I've made progress in the right direction.

this is the current path of building:

https://pastebin.com/7EHDjdRA
Last edited by IlCapretto on May 14, 2023, 8:18:11 AM
I am relatively new to the mapping stage, and right now I see nothing of the heralded takniness of the build.

For defenses I currently run Determination, Grace, Defiance Banner, both a Jade and a Granite flask. Working on spell suppression and eventually elemental ailment immunity right now.

My life is only 3k right now, but even with ideal gear I don't see this going far over 4k, especially if I use Hyrri's Ire for the immense spell suppression and other goodies (and use that 15% life if chest has no life node). Polaric Devastation means another node without life.

Is there a defensive layer I am missing?
Last edited by Asinoeh on May 14, 2023, 7:45:56 AM

Tks for the build, it just melts content, i need to improve some gear but for endgame is doing amazing.

POB: https://pobb.in/mr2VgfFCQih0
"
Headtourist wrote:

- if you have the ignite prolif implicit on gloves as stated earlier, swap out the rain of splinters for more ignite dps on bosses.

So Ignite Proliferation makes Rain of Spliters superfluous?
"
extaczs wrote:
hello im new to the game, and tried to do your build but i feel im very weak, i practically cant even finish level 16 maps in the state im in now
could you help me and tell me what im doing wrong?

https://poe.ninja/pob/cyR

Hello. Level up your gems !!!

You can't have damage with that :

Also get ignite proliferation implicit on your gloves with exarch currency. You have 0 ignite proliferation right now so mapping must indeed be awful.
EAb crafts info : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-post/25179328
"
Asinoeh wrote:
"
Headtourist wrote:

So Ignite Proliferation makes Rain of Spliters superfluous?

Well rain of splinters is good for clearing cause arrows will affect more mobs.
I mean it can be useful in some cases but right now you lose damage due to it while you could just have a big dps increase while being able to clear packs greatly without it.

To me it's more like an endgame qol jewel. To use when your damage is really really high, to clear content such as simulacrum more easily.

-> If i were to use it on my build i would still be ignite dps capped against non ubers so no downside from it.
EAb crafts info : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-post/25179328
"
Asinoeh wrote:
I am relatively new to the mapping stage, and right now I see nothing of the heralded takniness of the build.

For defenses I currently run Determination, Grace, Defiance Banner, both a Jade and a Granite flask. Working on spell suppression and eventually elemental ailment immunity right now.

My life is only 3k right now, but even with ideal gear I don't see this going far over 4k, especially if I use Hyrri's Ire for the immense spell suppression and other goodies (and use that 15% life if chest has no life node). Polaric Devastation means another node without life.

Is there a defensive layer I am missing?

most defense in this build comes from:
Totem taunt
Playstyle - phase between pack of mobs, trow totems and go go go
Purity of elements - aligments immunity
Evasion
Spell suppression
HP 4k+

Situations where you can get hit sould be very rare, when they happen - you shold be abe to withstand most one-shots.

You cant Facetank anything with build not based on Block + %hp od block.
And no leech.
Last edited by Kenavru on May 14, 2023, 12:16:53 PM
On poe ninja I see many builds that no longer run lifetap but instead regen mana with Mastermind of Discord and the fire exposure implicit on gloves.

Is Lifetap that risky?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info