3.23 EXPLOSIVE ARROW BALLISTA ELEMENTALIST - League-Start to End-Game. Easy mode.

well sell this totem explode bow ;p you cannot deal phys dmg anyway.
get a proper one with +gems as much as u can, mege crucible for another +1gem

spec out from those leveling tree nodes. Get lethal pride, annoit watchtowers on some +1gem and dot multi amulet. Rest you can fill as tou look on others.
Hello i play PoE since 2 weeks and i'm still trying to understand why my ignite DPS sucks...i'm a super noob so hope that somebody more expirienced than me can help me to improve or at least to understand what i did wrong.
PS: sorry for my english xD

my path of bulding:
https://pastebin.com/jt720YR8
"
well sell this totem explode bow ;p you cannot deal phys dmg anyway.
OMG I didn't even realize that LOL I spent a fortune on that bow (for me anyway). Good catch

When you say spec out of leveling tree nodes what do you mean? I am admittedly a bit lost when it comes to more advanced skill tree modifications such as Lethal Pride, I've never had one and don't quite understand how to use it properly
Posted the other day and still looking for help as I cannot work out how to fix my build and get back on track.

Finished campaign and now really stuck in maps. Finding it hard to survive in T5 maps.

This is my POB: https://pobb.in/K6Z9jRtsegb7

I know there is a lot wrong with it but I am not confident in the gems to commit to buying a new chest just yet. Also I know bow is wrong but again need to confirm gems.

Then I need to replace helm and look at better gloves and neck/ring. Really new so not sure what best way to approach is as I know I am going to be short on resistances when I take off current helm.

I really do not understand this game and keep making bad choices trying to fix this before coming here for help.
Last edited by Enigmatic_LFC on May 13, 2023, 7:29:27 AM
"
Enigmatic_LFC wrote:

alost everything is bad, so change it !
there is alot of cheap uniques you can get,

Atziri steps
Hirri Ire
devoto's devotion
some amulet with dot multi and +1gem
quiver with dot multi,speed and ele/bow dmg.

remove mana flask, you dont wonna use mana for anything. Get cinderswallow with HP on kill.
Why you have 2x granite flasks ? they doesnt stack. Get evasion one
Get lethal pride

run grace+purity+precision, you wont fit banner and deterination without investment. You need more than 3000 accuracy rating to have 95%+ hitchance.
you need to have 4400+ hp and 100% spell supp + as much eva and armour as possible to not die to 1shots
Last edited by Kenavru on May 13, 2023, 7:45:34 AM
"
Kenavru wrote:
"
Enigmatic_LFC wrote:

alost everything is bad, so change it !

This I know, I just need guidance and a plan to change it.

I have bought the Polaric ring but need 5 levels before I can equip it. Not that familiar with a lot of the other pieces you list but will certainly look at those to move away from what I have rn.

I feel like my first priority needs to be survival. What is the best way to get "4400+ hp and 100% spell supp" from where I am currently? Keeping in mind I have very little currency at this point.

"
Enigmatic_LFC wrote:

I just took a look at your pob.
At first glance I think i agree with Kenavru.

Your survivability seems ok for what you are currently doing, you have 3k+ hp, capped resistances, taunt on totems
The only issue i see is your spell suppression at 24%

Now there seem to be 0 dps on your build, and I don't see obvious bricks in it... (where is the added cold/lightning damage tho ?)

It's just like Kenavru said. Here are some tips :

- get atziri's steps boots, cheap good boots that you can keep for a long time. Will give you lots of spell suppression, hp and more evasion

- get a dovoto's devotion helmet, also very cheap. If you got a few chaos, try to get them with the 15% explosive arrow attack speed enchant to get a dps boost from it. They will grant you evasion, armor, chaos res, movespeed and attack speed. Can be kept in late game too.

- apply catalysts on your belt to go from 35 to 42% faster ignites. WIll provide more dps and make monsters die faster this increasing your survivability too.

- there seem to be too many auras in your setup. Whatever you do, keep the purity of elements for cap + ailment immunity (huge qol/survivability mapping)

- level up your gems (mainly looking at your ea setup here) and get at least your support gems 20/20. If you got a few chaos, even buy the 20/20 Burning damage and Elemental Damage with Attacks (your burning damage is level 5 0 qual :o )

- i'm not sure you have a source for cold/lightning damage. If so : Craft even the lowest add lightning damage to whatever item you have, just to be able to proc elemental equilibrium.

- allocate Reflexes on your tree for evade and +14% spell suppression chance
Then replace your tabula rasa with whatever corrupted 6 link evasion rating base chest (with socket colors that you currently need) just so you can allocate the evasion mastery on your tree to get another +15% spell suppression.
If you've done the other changes, you'll be at something like 76% spell suppression at that point (from 24% initially if i remember correctly)

- replace one of your rings ( i guess the mind spiral one ?) with polaric devastation ring. Put that new ring on the LEFT slot to cover enemies in ash.

- Do the 4th lab so you can get bastion of elements for more survivability.

Please do all this, and you'll basically have like 3 to 4 times your current dps, with improved survivability.

When you're there, we can talk about your build again.

Gl mate.

EAb crafts info : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-post/25179328
Last edited by Headtourist on May 13, 2023, 10:15:33 AM
"
IlCapretto wrote:
Hello i play PoE since 2 weeks and i'm still trying to understand why my ignite DPS sucks...i'm a super noob so hope that somebody more expirienced than me can help me to improve or at least to understand what i did wrong.
PS: sorry for my english xD

my path of bulding:
https://pastebin.com/jt720YR8

I think there's nothing "inherently wrong" with you build. Here are a few ideas, nothing fancy

- Level your empower (or buy a level 4 one).
- Get ignite proliferation implicit on gloves (you have 0 ignite prolif right now unless i'm blind, mapping must feel awful)
- Get an enchanted helmet, again, you can't go wrong with 15% increased ea attack speed devoto's devotion ! You'll be lacking 2% spell suppression, should be easy to fix. Swap to atziri's steps if needed, you won't lose much from that.
- apply catalysts to your belt so ignites are 42% faster instead of 35%
- if you have the ignite prolif implicit on gloves as stated earlier, swap out the rain of splinters for more ignite dps on bosses.
- make a better bow (and enjoy crucible mechanics) with at least the lifetap node so you can swap out lifetap gem for burning damage/awakened burning damage. Maybe switch to thicket bow also. There's lots of improvements on the bow side (even though the crafting on yours is great. With one such as mine (which is not "great") you're looking at at 25% dps increase. (craft guide page 290-291 in case cause getting crucible + fractured damage over time base will be real painful...)

( - what's the point of strike leader on your cluster setup, i see it's allocated ??? maybe rework your cluster setup, i see room for improvement there.

I'm not going too deep on it but you go from like 12M to 17M pinnacle boss ignite dps with these changes and probably real better mapping.

2, Don't set your Fuses to 20 if you can't reach them. Otherwise POB will give you false numbers on everything.
AttackRate *6 Totems * Hitchance * (increased duration) = Fuses

How to calculate increased duration?
"
2, Don't set your Fuses to 20 if you can't reach them. Otherwise POB will give you false numbers on everything.
AttackRate *6 Totems * Hitchance * (increased duration) = Fuses

How to calculate increased duration?

Don't bother.
On POB, just choose the "maximum sustainable fuses" option.
If you want to see how many fuses you currently are able to sustain, switch back to "Explosion # of fuses" and manually find the dps value that was previously shown to you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info