https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwNByaabq2k
Last edited by Elua on Mar 9, 2024, 7:23:51 PM
nah a shit one
Last edited by Mmmtastyy on Mar 9, 2024, 11:20:52 PM
"
Elua wrote:
HOW GOOD IS LAST EPOCH?? : Kripparrian review

Way too many bugs, lack of polish and QOL features missing. Also forcing account name displaying in chat with no option to opts out or in is pretty backwards.

I would say it's a 6-7/10 with room to be a 8-9/10 if they work hard on end game content, fixing near game breaking bugs that have been around for years, and polishing the gameplay.

The foundation for LE is fantastic, but it's not a fully fledged game. They did this 1.0 release for cash, they got the crazy numbers so hopefully they are using all this profit to build upon the base.

Thing is, the 1-2 years of polish and end game building needed will bring us into POE2 release, and I think POE2 is going to near unbeatable in terms of gameplay, systems, and polish - hopefully optimized too unlike the mess of POE1 performance.

But it's optimism that there are at least some devs who aren't 100% profit driven trying to mass appeal please to everything and sticking to their core systems - all at a decent price. D4 truly is a vapid cash mobile game that was slapped on PC.

"
Elua wrote:

You really should just go to LE boards and spew your wad of joy there.

Nobody cares here
"
Elua wrote:

As much as I respect Kripparian.. I watched his review before your post and it's a lukewarm take where he highlights all the positives while downplaying all the negatives. It's far from a balanced review. I wouldn't call it dishonest, but heavily biased at the very least.

Woolie's review was far more honest imo, but of course it gets downvoted by people who just want a gleefully positive, non critical review. Check it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYUjW4wG774
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
"
Elua wrote:

garbage review and big mistake to trust random reviews. Best to just play the game yourself and build your own opinion hoho
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
"
Pashid wrote:
Best to just play the game yourself and build your own opinion

Your "own opinion"? Do people have that anymore? Sadly, it seems to me that 'most' people value the opinions of random "influencers" more than their own these days.

If people are truly interested in knowing the quality of LE, they'll try it out. If they're not? That's perfectly fine, but they shouldn't go around talking about what LE is or isn't.

Personally? I'm trying it out right now. First impressions? It seems OK, but I've hardly spent enough hours to make up my mind. It does, however, seem like the game has some troubles with melee targeting mechanics.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Going from PoE, which was my only ARPG for past years (a lot of years) to LE made me realize how good PoE is when it comes to "stuff working as intended".
In PoE wording matters A LOT and if you read something, it actually says a lot.
MEanwhile in LE when I tried to make my own build it felt like I Had to abandon any logic and just try to figure out what the fuck devs were thinking while making skill system (how they scale, how they interact etc). At this point I think I will just find build made by someone who figured this shit out instead constantly being mad that X doesnt work asone would think because reasons.
"
Phrazz wrote:

Your "own opinion"? Do people have that anymore? Sadly, it seems to me that 'most' people value the opinions of random "influencers" more than their own these days.

Sadly yes, most people just copy the opinion or feedback of their favorite content creator without a clue of how the game or something actually is and talk the same words they get to hear from their "celebrity". Kinda sad and disgusting but that's what 90% of the internet is about these days.

But yea if you are a fan of arpgs or whatever game genre you should give a new game a try on your own if it looks appealing enough and not just judge it after some random dudes feedback.
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
Last edited by Pashid on Mar 10, 2024, 8:22:05 PM
"
Pashid wrote:
Sadly yes, most people just copy the opinion or feedback of their favorite content creator without a clue of how the game or something actually is and talk the same words they get to hear from their "celebrity". Kinda sad and disgusting but that's what 90% of the internet is about these days.

But yea if you are a fan of arpgs or whatever game genre you should give a new game a try on your own if it looks appealing enough and not just go after some random dudes feedback.

People were reading reviews before content creators were a thing too. The only thing that changed is that IGN/Gamerant etc. are jokes today (gaming journalism in general tbh) while content creators have sway with their following

And the same is true today that was true then: you shouldn't have to break your bank to arrive at an opinion. When I didn't have the money to have a Steam backlog of games I surely will get around to playing some day (cough cough) I tried finding out as much information about a game before making the purchase, too. If that's "disgusting" to you, then you really need to acknowledge how privileged an opinion that is

If LE was a F2P game like Path of Exile, I'd have less issues with that stance, but the game is 33.99€ and 2 hours hardly are enough to see if the game will be worth the money

Like, I get where you're coming from with the good ol' try everything once kinda attitude but I draw a hard line with calling people sad and disgusting for trusting other people's opinion on a piece of media. It ain't that deep.
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info