Last Epoch is POE Killer now

> If you feel "forced" so much in poe and think it's a chore it's maybe just not the game for you honestly

Love the depth of POE, favorite game of all time for many many years now. GGG has so much stuff right. I am not giving it(poe) up. LE is a side show for me at best. However, there is a new horse in town that maybe got some things right. If POE wants to keep their market share, they need to not be so hostile towards the player base and maybe show us some love.

ie:
Performance - holy fuck how is this an issue with 4080s and 7900xtx's and 24 core CPUs @ 5-6ghz. They squander so much performance it is ridiculous.

96% less regen - energy shield, life and mana or better yet no regen. Just plain stupid. instant brick of map for the vast majority of characters. not fun at all in any way shape or form. you can't even avoid it. Top rolled maps are unid - 1-2 of 8 of them are bricked for me right from the get go.

Having no way to exchange the basic (chaos to div for example) currencies without begging other players with messages. Face it POE trade _SUCKS_. Same thing for supplies - I shouldn't have to message 25 people and hope that somebody will actually trade me.

Required to roll maps with regex patterns? Otherwise the entire market leaves you behind? Because you need 130+ quant and everything else lower is 100% pure shit. So you spend 30 minutes rolling a tab of maps - and then you need to brick 50% of them with corruption orbs. This sucks. Oh yeah and while POE has a large end game to choose from - I hope you like delirium, beyond, legion and abyss.

Having to roll 100s of sextants to find the group of 4 that you need. So much fun. And then having to pawn what you're not going to use. See the point about how much trade blows.

Having no idea what killed you. Also not part of my dream game. How about a 4 second replay GGG?

Not being able to trade because of stack size limits - that sucks too. ie: somebody wants a mirror, you have 1200 divs but no way to trade them 1200 divs securely. seriously wtf? getting RSI while trading/crafting is a POE thing.

Having to roll unreal difficult maps in order to get enough currency to buy an item? That's terrible for build diversity. I hope you like playing alot of tornado shot MF. Otherwise you will be stuck with mediocre equipment. Did I mention my pet peeve is the 20% MF boots - who the fuck wants to waddle around slowly with 10% boots. Greed's grace - slow walking speed too. Right up there with having perma temporal chains on the fun scale.

The idea that something has to suck if you want something good. Case in point: Clicking on an eater of world shrine that bricks your map because you're trying to read the wall of text in between the strongbox wall of text that is intermingled with the expedition text while avoiding literally screenfuls of MOBs on grey scaled screen because every fucking map has to be delirium in order to keep up with the market prices.

My 2 cents and I've been playing long since open beta.

Show us some love GGG. Once upon a time I remember a GGG that was responsive and would correct these problems nearly instantly. You can do it.

Also I'm falling asleep playing LE - so hopefully POE2 isn't too much slower than POE classic :) Love the zoom zoom of POE classic.

Tried LE, wasn't a fan of the way I am of POE, but I am always looking for something to really get my ARPG itch out, so it was decent enough for what it was, I'll be honest. There's a lot I would change, but it being basically a reddit experiment and being a success is by all means a great sign for the future of ARPGs.
"Bonus points if it is Scion/Witch because they have nice knees. Ranger has ugly knees and other characters are men so playing them would be homoerotic." - CAKE, 10/20/21
"
Imaginaerum wrote:
at this point I'm not even convinced Diablo 4 will do any damage to Path of Exile. It'll probably boost PoE's player numbers, I mean I learned of PoE on the Diablo 3 forums those many many years ago

Necroing this post but damn did this turn out to be so accurate.
tried LE again. and well made the toon i wanted then i was like what's the point lmao
until that i was happy playing it but yeah. good game to play if u want to take a break from poe or ur right hand but other than that nothing that special either. though #2 arpg atm i think xd
"Now all that's left is for you getting on your knees."
if you know thanks me:) i'm dying to find out x'D
"
satanttin wrote:
tried LE again. and well made the toon i wanted then i was like what's the point lmao
until that i was happy playing it but yeah. good game to play if u want to take a break from poe or ur right hand but other than that nothing that special either. though #2 arpg atm i think xd

I'm inclined to agree on #2 for sure. Or Tier 2. Not sure how I would coin it.
"
Nubatron wrote:
"
satanttin wrote:

Yes, I'd also say it's the second-best ARPG currently on the market. LE's gameplay mechanics are solid, its crafting and trading systems are very interesting, and visually they've managed to create a game with a distinct and unique aesthetic. Its just a shame that LE's campaign is such a let-down (they did so little with that time-travel concept), and that its end game just feels like... more of the same game, really? It's not bad, it's just a little bare-bones. Overall, worth its asking price, but it's not replacing PoE in the top spot anytime soon, if ever.
#ssf_is_better
#make_necropolis_core
#make_melee_better
"
Nubatron wrote:
"
satanttin wrote:

i would say #2 and #3 would be tier 2. as personally only one can be tier 1 xd
"
Waitubold wrote:
"
Nubatron wrote:
"
satanttin wrote:

Yes, I'd also say it's the second-best ARPG currently on the market. LE's gameplay mechanics are solid, its crafting and trading systems are very interesting, and visually they've managed to create a game with a distinct and unique aesthetic. Its just a shame that LE's campaign is such a let-down (they did so little with that time-travel concept), and that its end game just feels like... more of the same game, really? It's not bad, it's just a little bare-bones. Overall, worth its asking price, but it's not replacing PoE in the top spot anytime soon, if ever.
visuals are better than poe's hands down :P gameplay mechanics like the press d to switch to a past/present dungeon was quite fun tbh. also multiple end game kind of shit i dig it. but it get's stale really fast i think it might be because of the crafting system it's too strong. should be nerfed to make the game fun for longer. cause it's simply too short if u ask me xd

still it has a ton of potential xd can't stress that enough!
Played LE for a while during this first cycle. Was ok. Got bored pretty quick tbh. "PoE killer"? Not even close.
There's devils on each side of you with bottles in their hands.
You need one more drop of poison and you'll dream of foreign lands.
"
Blakslab wrote:
> If you feel "forced" so much in poe and think it's a chore it's maybe just not the game for you honestly

Love the depth of POE, favorite game of all time for many many years now. GGG has so much stuff right. I am not giving it(poe) up. LE is a side show for me at best. However, there is a new horse in town that maybe got some things right. If POE wants to keep their market share, they need to not be so hostile towards the player base and maybe show us some love.

ie:
Performance - holy fuck how is this an issue with 4080s and 7900xtx's and 24 core CPUs @ 5-6ghz. They squander so much performance it is ridiculous.

96% less regen - energy shield, life and mana or better yet no regen. Just plain stupid. instant brick of map for the vast majority of characters. not fun at all in any way shape or form. you can't even avoid it. Top rolled maps are unid - 1-2 of 8 of them are bricked for me right from the get go.

Having no way to exchange the basic (chaos to div for example) currencies without begging other players with messages. Face it POE trade _SUCKS_. Same thing for supplies - I shouldn't have to message 25 people and hope that somebody will actually trade me.

Required to roll maps with regex patterns? Otherwise the entire market leaves you behind? Because you need 130+ quant and everything else lower is 100% pure shit. So you spend 30 minutes rolling a tab of maps - and then you need to brick 50% of them with corruption orbs. This sucks. Oh yeah and while POE has a large end game to choose from - I hope you like delirium, beyond, legion and abyss.

Having to roll 100s of sextants to find the group of 4 that you need. So much fun. And then having to pawn what you're not going to use. See the point about how much trade blows.

Having no idea what killed you. Also not part of my dream game. How about a 4 second replay GGG?

Not being able to trade because of stack size limits - that sucks too. ie: somebody wants a mirror, you have 1200 divs but no way to trade them 1200 divs securely. seriously wtf? getting RSI while trading/crafting is a POE thing.

Having to roll unreal difficult maps in order to get enough currency to buy an item? That's terrible for build diversity. I hope you like playing alot of tornado shot MF. Otherwise you will be stuck with mediocre equipment. Did I mention my pet peeve is the 20% MF boots - who the fuck wants to waddle around slowly with 10% boots. Greed's grace - slow walking speed too. Right up there with having perma temporal chains on the fun scale.

The idea that something has to suck if you want something good. Case in point: Clicking on an eater of world shrine that bricks your map because you're trying to read the wall of text in between the strongbox wall of text that is intermingled with the expedition text while avoiding literally screenfuls of MOBs on grey scaled screen because every fucking map has to be delirium in order to keep up with the market prices.

My 2 cents and I've been playing long since open beta.

Show us some love GGG. Once upon a time I remember a GGG that was responsive and would correct these problems nearly instantly. You can do it.

Also I'm falling asleep playing LE - so hopefully POE2 isn't too much slower than POE classic :) Love the zoom zoom of POE classic.

All of this i agree with, i also think the rarest currency in the game being a money printer for the richest players in the game is a serious issue.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info