Last Epoch is POE Killer now

After playing Last Epoch for the last 2 weeks, I can safely say, it will not kill PoE, at least not for me.

I enjoy both games and while both are considered ARPG, they are different.

I will continue to play both. Chances are I will not play PoE2 as I am not a fan of slow-moving games. I tried Ruthless, and while it was fun, I could not handle the slow pace.

I will give PoE2 a shot when it comes out. Maybe they can get me to change my mind.

All I see happening is -
PoE1 will release something, some will jump to it.
PoE2 will release something, some will jump to it.

1 or both releases will not grab audiences so people will jump to LE/D4 and vice-versa.

As some have stated, chances are one of the PoE games will not get the attention it needs to be successful paving a path for other games to grab the market.

I am not Anti-Social, I am just selective on whom I wish to be social with.
LE will be game you go play when you are done with PoE league. It might hurt PoE a little because for the first time in a very long time PoE doesnt have monopol on the market (yes, Im not counting that joke of a game called Diablo 4).
Previously when people would start get bored of the league, they would still play because there was nothing else to play. Now once they get bored of league they might jump go play LE making them leave earlier than before.
POE IS DEAD. LONG LIVE POE.
144 hours in last epoch now, it is not POE killer they got a long way to go and POE is miles ahead and each league has been fire, leading to POE 2.

Last epoch is decent but not on the level of POE. The end game of LE is to repetitive to the point you just actually start to question why your playing. In POE I have good reason to continue, generate currency/ mirror items/ big chase items, atlas passives allow massive amounts of diff. content that changes how you map, ability to roll maps diff levels of map difficulty. uber bosses are hard af.

LE I don't care about gold, no chase items you can get everything with gold easy. Fun builds but after few weeks of grinding running similar map layouts without being able to change anything other than corruption made me log off. No real trade system, no economy, no chase items.

POE has set the standards to the heavens, especially with loot/economy i've yet to see a game to match poe chase items. Seems like devs are to scared in other games to make chase items in fear of people complaining they can't get it. POE the only game where finding a crazy chase item, loot makes ya jump out of ya chair. Getting a lucky 6 link armour when hitting mapping etc. makes me cheer in real life real feeling from drops. I don't feel that in diablo 4 or LE or even torchlight.
Last edited by momonami5 on Mar 15, 2024, 7:14:12 PM
"
momonami5 wrote:

LE I don't care about gold, no chase items you can get everything with gold easy. Fun builds but after few weeks of grinding running similar map layouts without being able to change anything other than corruption made me log off. No real trade system, no economy, no chase items.

4LP meta uniqes say hi.
Bought it, kinda enjoyed it. But honestly it's just a slightly better diablo 3.
I legit do not get the hype, fun for a bit but i am already over it after only 2 weeks of playing.
It's ok to be white

“Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.”

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
"
momonami5 wrote:
The end game of LE is to repetitive to the point you just actually start to question why your playing.

I find it a bit funny every time I read this, like, as if PoE were any different. You are doing the exact same form of repetition in PoE, except that GGG have had 10 years to bake additionial side content into the game. That's the only variety you get while mapping, which is something LE has almost none of for now. But the LE team has many great and fresh ideas, which would be ideal if they would all work together to make one game.
Original creator of the "Poor Man's Ward Loop" build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3480922
Windows 11 Enterprise 64-bit, i7-13700K 5.30GHz
PNY RTX 4080 16GB GDDR6X, 32GB DDR5-6000 CL36
Samsung 980 Pro, Seasonic Prime GX 850W Gold
Last Epoch might be able to list linking a skill to the LMB for smoother game play as a feature soon.
"
jackof8lades wrote:
Bought it, kinda enjoyed it. But honestly it's just a slightly better diablo 3.
I legit do not get the hype, fun for a bit but i am already over it after only 2 weeks of playing.

Just like many people dont get the hype for PoE. Honestly Im not sure if I will go back to new PoE league considering in LE I dont need to waste 7h on campaign EVERY. SINGE. TIME. I want to test out new build
"
Vektorz wrote:
Last Epoch might be able to list linking a skill to the LMB for smoother game play as a feature soon.

You can already do that. Though it doesn't give you an extra skill slot.
Original creator of the "Poor Man's Ward Loop" build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3480922
Windows 11 Enterprise 64-bit, i7-13700K 5.30GHz
PNY RTX 4080 16GB GDDR6X, 32GB DDR5-6000 CL36
Samsung 980 Pro, Seasonic Prime GX 850W Gold

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info