Last Epoch is POE Killer now

"
ArtCrusade wrote:
"
Mikrotherion wrote:
The closest thing I know is "Deathtrap", where you also have a free moving character with stats and skills and gear like your character in PoE and monster portals with fixed routes for monsters and fixed places for towers.

Orcs Must Die series is goated. If you like the style I wholly recommend it

Too late, already played them all. Very fun games!
Thanks, for sharing, though, maybe it gets some other people interested who haven't played, yet.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
The cope is we are all trying to pass the time for POE2. The reality is it probably won't be until 2025, so I don't mind going out and supporting passionate games that are fairly priced and without shameless excessive monetization.

Helldivers 2, Last Epoch, Palword are all games showing the big companies in that genre that you can't just produce trash forever, gamers will migrate and move. All the excuses of inflation, live service etc, all exposed as being cons.

You don't need to spend 200mill developing a game that takes you over 11 years to get out and then put it on sale only a few weeks after it's release. All while holding back sales numbers and using misleading player count analytics to pretend it's doing well. Guess the game!

Last edited by poeGT on Mar 12, 2024, 10:02:35 AM
"
poeGT wrote:
The cope is we are all trying to pass the time for POE2. The reality is it probably won't be until 2025, so I don't mind going out and supporting passionate games that are fairly priced and without shameless excessive monetization.

Helldivers 2, Last Epoch, Palword are all games showing the big companies in that genre that you can't just produce trash forever, gamers will migrate and move. All the excuses of inflation, live service etc, all exposed as being cons.

You don't need to spend 200mill developing a game that takes you over 11 years to get out and then put it on sale only a few weeks after it's release. All while holding back sales numbers and using misleading player count analytics to pretend it's doing well. Guess the game!

We're not all trying to pass the time until POE2. I hope that thing hits all kinds of schedule issues and slips years now that they are separate games and POE2 looks a little too much like Ruthless. The longer it takes, the more likely POE1 will continue to be treated as their primary game. Once the new kid is born, I have a feeling POE1 gets much less attention.
Last edited by Nubatron on Mar 12, 2024, 11:20:09 AM
Going by these comments, looks like either PoE1 will kill PoE2 or vice versa.
"
hasatt0 wrote:
Going by these comments, looks like either PoE1 will kill PoE2 or vice versa.

That has always been the case. These "[Wolcen/D3/D4/D2R/LE/LA/etc.] is POE Killer" threads are as predictably wrong as you get.

POE has one killer waiting in the shadows: GGG
"
Nubatron wrote:

We're not all trying to pass the time until POE2. I hope that thing hits all kinds of schedule issues and slips years now that they are separate games and POE2 looks a little too much like Ruthless. The longer it takes, the more likely POE1 will continue to be treated as their primary game. Once the new kid is born, I have a feeling POE1 gets much less attention.

Possibly the reverse might happen, at the moment there's a skeleton crew on POE 1 with all hands on deck to POE 2, it's feasible it may get more development resources again once the bulk of POE 2 work is done.
"
RandallPOE wrote:
"
Nubatron wrote:

Possibly the reverse might happen, at the moment there's a skeleton crew on POE 1 with all hands on deck to POE 2, it's feasible it may get more development resources again once the bulk of POE 2 work is done.

I hope you're right. I'm not optimistic about that outcome, but I hope so.
Look's like poe killer is dying after 3 weeks :D
"
Patrykk1233 wrote:
Look's like poe killer is dying after 3 weeks :D

Just like PoE is dying 3 weeks after every league.
Last edited by Aynix on Mar 13, 2024, 7:50:41 PM
After playing Last Epoch for the last 2 weeks, I can safely say, it will not kill PoE, at least not for me.

I enjoy both games and while both are considered ARPG, they are different.

I will continue to play both. Chances are I will not play PoE2 as I am not a fan of slow-moving games. I tried Ruthless, and while it was fun, I could not handle the slow pace.

I will give PoE2 a shot when it comes out. Maybe they can get me to change my mind.

All I see happening is -
PoE1 will release something, some will jump to it.
PoE2 will release something, some will jump to it.

1 or both releases will not grab audiences so people will jump to LE/D4 and vice-versa.

As some have stated, chances are one of the PoE games will not get the attention it needs to be successful paving a path for other games to grab the market.

I am not Anti-Social, I am just selective on whom I wish to be social with.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info