Season One, Race Event 2: One Hour Solo

Gotta say, this game is starting to become my favourite. The races, the genre and the whole system and gear/end game maps and such. All together just a great game! Really enjoyed these two first races, gz to Bzmode on first!. As for placing on top 10 im quite pleased and yeah as Bzmode said, go watch streamers like Nugiyen and Devmoon, really good gamers with a lot of insight and tips about the game and races! As for my luck: i think the only good thing was a chaos and 10 percent movementspeed boots, got like 4 short bows, and enough transmutes and alts to try and roll +bow gem 5 times, but no such luck. going merveil with 20 cold resist was also fun :D!
Spoiler
Last edited by JensenJ on Feb 22, 2013, 11:32:33 PM
"
TheuberClips wrote:
Spoiler
Ugh, depressing, got 6th ranger. Should have done way better, I was doing EXTREMELY WELL.
Level 17.72.

Was streamed live at http://twitch.tv/theuberelite

Gear:
Spoiler

Was on track for 37 min merveil and my browser crashed. My browser reloads pages when it crashes and thus caused huge lag and I was forced out of the game.
After that, hit merveil cave at 11.97 or so. Had to tp out so I could have a faster kill, but I skipped a pretty big pack earlier that would have saved me about a minute.
Basically, around 3 minutes lost in caves.

In A2 I did well, but I could not find a 2 link for the life of me. No estimate on how much time this lost - probably not much honestly.
I also lost some time with mana flasks and having to waste a couple portals going back to town because I was still on small mana flasks. Finally got 1 large flask at 15 and thats it.

Lost a bit of time in dark forest after realizing what I should be doing, but thankfully I did realize it - things could have been really bad.

What program is that with the splits? Seems useful.
Woo, that was some fun stuff. I dropped out of playing the closed beta before all this race stuff started but it's SUPER INTERESTING so glad I got a bit of a feel tonight. 348th place on my first race out of 4k+ seems pretty good xD

I spent most of the day hashing my plan out but I got iffy drops or I think I could have hit a level higher on my own. I think for future races I'll have to look at outside sources and see what other people are doing since 6 levels behind 1st place and 3 levels behind top of my class I clearly had some inefficiencies. Good stuff though!

Items I ended up with(Dropped my chest near the end in an attempt to reach an extra couple mobs of exp xP) Coral ring was from Hillock so that was awesome but meh at everything else.

That was the laggiest hour of PoE I've ever had. Not sure if it was because the race was on or what but it made it very hard to play fast. It's frustrating as I had no lag in my practice run 2 hours earlier.
"
vivn wrote:
"
TheuberClips wrote:
Spoiler
Ugh, depressing, got 6th ranger. Should have done way better, I was doing EXTREMELY WELL.
Level 17.72.

Was streamed live at http://twitch.tv/theuberelite

Gear:
Spoiler

Was on track for 37 min merveil and my browser crashed. My browser reloads pages when it crashes and thus caused huge lag and I was forced out of the game.
After that, hit merveil cave at 11.97 or so. Had to tp out so I could have a faster kill, but I skipped a pretty big pack earlier that would have saved me about a minute.
Basically, around 3 minutes lost in caves.

In A2 I did well, but I could not find a 2 link for the life of me. No estimate on how much time this lost - probably not much honestly.
I also lost some time with mana flasks and having to waste a couple portals going back to town because I was still on small mana flasks. Finally got 1 large flask at 15 and thats it.

Lost a bit of time in dark forest after realizing what I should be doing, but thankfully I did realize it - things could have been really bad.

What program is that with the splits? Seems useful.

WSplit, you can find it at speedrunslive, lot of speedrunners use it like cosmowright
Current IGN: twitchtvTheuberelite

http://twitch.tv/theuberelite - I stream sometimes.
I still seem to be showing zero points on both the bar and profile. I know at bare minimum I completed
Normal difficulty Fetid Pool: 2 Reward Points
Just wondering if something is up
IGN: I_Say_Fry.
Shop thread
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1605193
"
ghaleon686 wrote:
I still seem to be showing zero points on both the bar and profile. I know at bare minimum I completed
Normal difficulty Fetid Pool: 2 Reward Points
Just wondering if something is up

You need to be first.
Current IGN: twitchtvTheuberelite

http://twitch.tv/theuberelite - I stream sometimes.
Got to lvl 12 with my duelist, same as first race.
More training.....
My best stuff in the race:

I have yet to receive my points for the Season 1 Event 1 Race, I deleted my character shortly after the race and reached level 13 without death. I was originally on the ranking CSV at the end of the event and I just downloaded it again and now I am not even on the list. I have PM'd Chris on this issue but I am posting it here for anyone who can help.
I died in the first race while allocating a passive skill point - those suicide mobs exploded me :(

BUT, it was still fun! Good stuff..

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info