GGG alters drop rates to improve the economy

"
sidtherat wrote:

given that i postgraduated in statistic and high-level statistical modeling (and made quite a living testing that stuff in practice) i know what random and pseudo-random is

and i also know what skewed distribution is and how easy and efficiently you can code 'surprising' rng into main-rng. when i find like 5 time more chaos orbs a day playing as little as a play than krip that plays 10hrs a day consistently for some time - ill risk saying that this is rigged/biased seed

and that makes perfect sense - if all get the same, why trade at all? also - ggg admitted to doing orb drop rate changes to test some stuff. maybe im on one of such test accounts (dear ggg: i still wont craft with these! but thanks for trying)

If you postgraduated in stats then you should know about sample size :)
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
so when does a video games economy have so much effect to the point they feel the need to alter drop rates isnt a game suppose to be fun and not about what drives the market etc i mean this is kind of like another game i wont dare to mention...
In an RNG game its every players worst fear in the back of their mind. "Are they able to individually/arbitrarilly mod drop rates"

I just dont like it. It leaves a weird taste in my mouth.

Tin foil not wanted :(
Closed Beta|Open Beta|Release|League Only
Ya know this game is made to last 10 years, they have to nerf us... poor bastards are all about money!

The moment when a AAA arpg shows on market PoE will be dead (gotta wonder how one of those billions game companies haven't figure it out yet)
Last edited by xspeed on Nov 6, 2013, 2:39:37 PM
"
CrownOfThorns wrote:
In an RNG game its every players worst fear in the back of their mind. "Are they able to individually/arbitrarilly mod drop rates"

You and me already got nerfed RNG for critical Posts :P
The thing is - week 1 someone at Blizzard accidentally... or maybe more Freudian Slipped... that Blizzard manipulates the drop rates based on the auction house. By that... meaning... if there are a ton of GG loot for sale on the AH, then less GG loot would drop. That was my take on their slip up. And I think there was a lot of truth to that since for hours and hours and hours I got nothing but poop drop for me in that game.

Like someone mentioned... the fact that they can control RNG drops on a per account basis is cool... but not cool at the same time. That means that RNG isn't really RNG... or maybe more like classes of RNG. Maybe the have settings for like Tier1 RNG, Tier2 RNG, Tier3 RNG... etc... all the way to Tier10 RNG meaning absolutely nothing drops.

It leaves a really weird feeling knowing this in an ARPG where historically everyone had the same chances at everything.
"
CrownOfThorns wrote:

Understandable. But I think people are underestimating their communication with the players. We'll probably end up getting a statement in a few days saying that they don't change drop rates for players except in the instances where they think it's a bot. It'd just be addendum to what's been said anyway.

People are overreacting, but I don't blame them.
I'm really doubtful that they are doing this... but even if they are actually doing this, would you be surprised? It's their game. They can put in any feature, regardless of if they say they can't.

Meh.
Last edited by DestroTheGod on Nov 6, 2013, 2:52:01 PM
TOTALLY CONFIRMED.

AFTER I GOT A STACK OF 10X MIRRORS ON SOFT CORE I DID NOT SEE ANY MIRRORS DROP IN MY GAMES.

CLEARLY GGG IS ALTERING MY DROP RATES.

UNFAIR. IM CALLING THE BAD BUSINESS BUREAU.
this explains the map streaks or lack of. damnit chris!
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info