System Requirements for PoE is a joke

i have 2 gb ram and 70-90 fps if not much is going on.
during battles it goes down to ~ 40. which is not an issue.

only in parties i get heavy lags sometimes.
but if this happens, all party members seem to have these lags.
Minimum specs basically means will the game load and run. It means nothing about FPS
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
Minimum specs basically means will the game load and run. It means nothing about FPS

Yeah... this point seems lost on a bunch of folks in this thread.

Most of the QQ in this thread would be properly directed towards optimization for mid-range and high end PCs. Has nothing to do with system requirements or minimum specs. The game is playable just fine on minimum spec machines.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
Just getting it to run means nothing with the ability to run programs that can bypass the minimal hardware checks. Minimal requirements actually are only about a playable fps on the lowest settings, and they use detection to prevent those on hardware deemed unable to run the game from normally starting the game.

By your definition everything qualifies under minimal requirements because anything can get the game to start using stuff like 3d analyze and spoofing. And that also means that your forgetting that they detect and block hardware they deem is below the requirements needed to get a decent fps but still capable of running the game (I have a older ati card that fits that in a system I use as a file server). I can use 3d analyze to run the game just fine to disable their hardware check, but its not an acceptable framerate so.....

edit - the card runs the game just fine at the title screen and in town, just not actually playing in dungeons with a decent framerate... thus it meets your idea of minimal but not mine or GGG's since they detect the card and pop up an error saying its below requirements normally.
Last edited by Jiero on Mar 22, 2014, 1:27:16 PM
No, not all cards can get the game to load and run. Some cards are so old, they don't have the proper shader (?) Version.
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
No, not all cards can get the game to load and run. Some cards are so old, they don't have the proper shader (?) Version.

3d analyze can force older shader versions, emulate them through software or disable them entirely... so ya, they can run it just not with decent framerates. And software emulation is slow but at times passable, at least for just getting it to start up.

edit - there is also swift shader and other software emulation methods... just not worth trying because the fps drops immensely.
Last edited by Jiero on Mar 22, 2014, 2:12:24 PM
"
Jiero wrote:
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
Just getting it to run means nothing with the ability to run programs that can bypass the minimal hardware checks. Minimal requirements actually are only about a playable fps on the lowest settings, and they use detection to prevent those on hardware deemed unable to run the game from normally starting the game.

By your definition everything qualifies under minimal requirements because anything can get the game to start using stuff like 3d analyze and spoofing. And that also means that your forgetting that they detect and block hardware they deem is below the requirements needed to get a decent fps but still capable of running the game (I have a older ati card that fits that in a system I use as a file server). I can use 3d analyze to run the game just fine to disable their hardware check, but its not an acceptable framerate so.....

edit - the card runs the game just fine at the title screen and in town, just not actually playing in dungeons with a decent framerate... thus it meets your idea of minimal but not mine or GGG's since they detect the card and pop up an error saying its below requirements normally.

Game is playable on a dated midrange APU. Your post is invalid.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
I had to install my old Nvidia GTX 560 because my Radeon 7970 is dead (yay AMD quality). PoE runs so much smoother now. It sickens me a bit.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
tackle70 wrote:
"
Jiero wrote:
"
SL4Y3R wrote:

Game is playable on a dated midrange APU. Your post is invalid.

I said minimal requirements is not a matter of simply starting up the game and is a matter of perfomance (fps)* ...

You basically said, this gpu has acceptable performance and thus meets minimal requirements... somehow making me wrong in saying that a card needs to have decent performance to be considered minimal requirements? You do know that is exactly what I said, which is why you used the word playable instead of saying it will simply start the game up.

*since it doesn't matter if it is hardware based or software emulated for the shader, or if they are being downgraded or disabled, running is running. Thus meaning that simply starting up cannot be a definition for minimal requirements, it has to be performance based.
Last edited by Jiero on Mar 22, 2014, 2:56:07 PM
Why would the devs, of any game, assume you're running an emulator? The min specs, AS THEY ARE LISTED, is what matters.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info