A POE “Horror Story”!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"
Zypher01 wrote:
Nah that was when i was playing MTG. Coicidentally they also have terrible customer service and my account was banned for over a year before i got a single response because of the automatic charge back. Obviously havent interacted with that product since.

I don't understand how companies can get away with such poor customer service. It would seem players would just give up and take their efforts elsewhere.
"
jsuslak313 wrote:

You are dealing with RULES: keep a dinged sense of morality completely out of the equation because it is detrimental to understanding.

It's kinda impossible to do that, because rules are created to promote fairness, and fairness and morality DO and MUST come into play.

For example, I was driving home about a week or so ago and a dear ran in front of my car, causing significant damage. So, I borrowed my mother's car and her car has a handicapped license plate and sticker. Legally, I am allowed to park in a handicapped parking spot. If I do so, I will not get arrested or ticketed, because I have the proper documentation. However, MORALLY/ETHICALLY it would be wrong for me to do so, because I do not have any physical ailment.

Same thing here....perhaps legally GGG is able to persecute me in this way, but morally/ethically, their horrible treatment of me has been tremendously unjust.
"
"
jsuslak313 wrote:

You are dealing with RULES: keep a dinged sense of morality completely out of the equation because it is detrimental to understanding.

It's kinda impossible to do that, because rules are created to promote fairness, and fairness and morality DO and MUST come into play.

For example, I was driving home about a week or so ago and a dear ran in front of my car, causing significant damage. So, I borrowed my mother's car and her car has a handicapped license plate and sticker. Legally, I am allowed to park in a handicapped parking spot. If I do so, I will not get arrested or ticketed, because I have the proper documentation. However, MORALLY/ETHICALLY it would be wrong for me to do so, because I do not have any physical ailment.

Same thing here....perhaps legally GGG is able to persecute me in this way, but morally/ethically, their horrible treatment of me has been tremendously unjust.

I sincerely hope you get your account back, If only GGG could feel the pain from all the people who were unjustly punished though they probably never will as there's little legal recourse here in most cases.

I would have sent a lawyer at them if i could have afforded such a thing at the time, Worst experience from any service in my entire life and im getting a little old here, Still no formal recognition from GGG or any kind of apology for 60 days of stolen playtime that they are at fault for during a time when i really couldn't do much else it was such a massive blow to the gut.

If they won't unban the specific account ask them to move the MTX purchases to a new one if thats an acceptable outcome for you.
Innocence forgives you
Last edited by SilentSymphony on Aug 25, 2024, 7:26:04 PM
"
askreet wrote:
Sorry OP your situation sounds rough, and unfair.

Just to weigh in and play devil's advocate on one of your specific complaints, if I were GGG I would _not_ provide details on how they came to their conclusion - because people who do bot/hack/cheat would use whatever information they can glean from that to find new ban-proof workarounds. It's a bit of an arms race between cheaters and game developers and they need their state secrets.

I can totally respect this policy and I totally respect your point of view....HOWEVER, there has to be (in parallel) some kind of recourse for someone who gets stuck in a "do loop" who actually DIDN'T do anything wrong. That's the situation I am in. I did nothing wrong, and now I can't play the game that I have dedicated over 4 years to.

Furthermore, GGG KNOWS that i'm not one of the "problem people" because they have 4 years of data on me. I doubt a single person has reported me for anything because I am honest and cause no trouble.
same with me, got banned today for third party software - i even didnt use awakened poe trade
account: https://pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/safina441 - lvl 99
just running chayula with party - then dc and u got bannde by adm
ban appeal denied ofc, poe support - only bots answering me
wont play again if i can get ban for nothing.
"
CHERRYNOVA_ wrote:
same with me, got banned today for third party software - i even didnt use awakened poe trade

I'm not saying you RMT'd, but when I look at the challenges on that account and look at the gear you have, it raises... questions.

I don't doubt that sometimes GGG makes mistakes when banning people. But you can't tell me you have that kinda gear from your own farming when you have

0/3000 inciting invitations
40/400 altars
203/500 map bosses killed

Also, you are technically ban evading, no?
The opposite of knowledge is not illiteracy, but the illusion of knowledge.
"
CHERRYNOVA_ wrote:

I am so sorry you are going through this...it really stinks. Something is definitely going wrong. Can you tell me what Third Party Software tools you are using? I'm curious if you got banned for the same reason I did (although they won't tell me anything)

Lord_Highrock

"
ArtCrusade wrote:
"
CHERRYNOVA_ wrote:

I'm not saying you RMT'd, but when I look at the challenges on that account and look at the gear you have, it raises... questions.

I don't doubt that sometimes GGG makes mistakes when banning people. But you can't tell me you have that kinda gear from your own farming when you have

40/400 altars

You got him......account set to private now. Always funny when folks "forget" to hide their ill-gotten gains to claim total innocence. Whoopsy!
Last edited by jsuslak313 on Aug 27, 2024, 9:37:36 PM
"

NO......no they aren't. Rules of use are created to protect GGG and their product. That's it. Its not for you, its not about fair, its not about any of that. It is PURELY for the protection of the intellectual property and physical software. There's a very good reason why 99% of the document has nothing to do with actual gameplay.

You are confusing rules/terms of use and rules of play.

Think about the "rule" that you have to pay interest on loans or pay a mortgage on your house, or insurance for cars. This has nothing to do with being fair or moral...its simply the Provider protecting their product.
Last edited by jsuslak313 on Aug 27, 2024, 9:46:05 PM
"
jsuslak313 wrote:
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
"
CHERRYNOVA_ wrote:

40/400 altars

You got him......account set to private now. Always funny when folks "forget" to hide their ill-gotten gains to claim total innocence. Whoopsy!

By the way OP, if you're wondering why nobody seems to take you at your word, this is why.

Not saying you aren't being completely honest or anything, it's just hard to blindly trust these threads when the overwhelming majority of people making "Why did I get banned" posts clearly should have been.

Call it the downside of us only ever hearing one side of the story.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info